Argh Off Lead Dog Owners

HugUrPup

Sounds like he was going to go and buy some illegal drugs, you should of ran him over in your car!!

:rainbowbridge:

Would have been easy fixed with a call to the ranger

Wheres the fun in that? It is much more fun to start a hysterical thread on DOL.

:cry: Jeff

OP: Why does it matter what the person looked like or the breeds of dog - isn't this just about people walking dogs off lead??

Regardless - so what if he was? Does not sound like the dogs were doing anything naughty and why is he irresponsible simply because of no leads? Sounds like the dogs have a decent amount of training to be able to walk offlead.

Good to see you're back to the same dramatic posts per your previous user names.

Edited by Danois

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree the guy is irresponsible for having his dogs offlead. However, not sure where you're going with 'image' comments. Were the dogs untrained, unruly, or behaving badly? If not, then I wouldn't think this situation is ruining the reputation of the breed, just the reputation of the owner.

Although it's not right to have his dogs offleash, seeing well behaved, well trained dogs of those breeds would enhance my opinion of them (if for some reason I had a previous negative view of them).

I do think there is some 'stereotypical' undertones here... however, any person - even the elderly and otherwise good citizens can be irresponsible with their dogs. He might just be proud of his body, thinks he looks good, and loves a particular breed dog and unknowinlgy thinks it's okay seeing that his dogs are well behaved (as many do).

Edited by Kelly_Louise

Agree the guy is irresponsible for having his dogs offlead. However, not sure where you're going with 'image' comments. Were the dogs untrained, unruly, or behaving badly? If not, then I wouldn't think this situation is ruining the reputation of the breed, just the reputation of the owner.

Although it's not right to have his dogs offleash, seeing well behaved, well trained dogs of those breeds would enhance my opinion of them (if for some reason I had a previous negative view of them).

believe me if he had of been wearing a figure hugging pink jumpsuit and had his dogs off their leads (especially large breeds) then I STILL would have been pissed off and hung sh!t..

I don't have anything against tattoo's, nice bodies, dark shades.. (I have issues with pants not being pulled up over the butt :rainbowbridge: ) or those breeds, unless I am pissed off with what the person is doing..

So yeh I was out of line making remarks about his looks and I apologise for any offense caused.

eta- for those who have pants half way down your bum... pull your pants up sheesh :cry:

Edited by puggerup

OP: Why does it matter what the person looked like or the breeds of dog - isn't this just about people walking dogs off lead??

Regardless - so what if he was? Does not sound like the dogs were doing anything naughty and why is he irresponsible simply because of no leads? Sounds like the dogs have a decent amount of training to be able to walk offlead.

Actually if you go read a few of the other threads you will see there is quite a bit of discussion about irresponsible people walking dogs offlead. Not only the worry and fear it causes to others but the risk ok of unwanted aggression and harm to any dog involved, let alone the dogs themselves being harmed if something was to happen.

I don't care if they were pits, staffies or pomeranians. It is not only illegal to have them offleash in onleash areas it is downright dangerous and irresponsible.

OP..No matter what anyone says about stereotyping these days, just about anything can be perceived as stereotypical.

The amount of threads (everywhere) that keep mentioning 'bogans' and their dogs (or similar) is way beyond this thread.

You can hardly describe someone (to explain your viewpoint) without offending one stereotype or another.

Fact is offleash is no good and something there are many many threads and complaints about.

Almost time for me to go walk my lot, no doubt we will pass our usual line of offleash accidents waiting to happen.

Edited by Nannas

Unfortunately, there's no ranger to call for fashion misjudgements...

Goodness if there was I'd have been slapped with numerous fines... but none for having an offlead dog at least!

I do agree with the moral of the story though - put your dogs on leash unless in a designated off lead area - PLEASE! Not only is it breaking the law, it makes life difficult for those of us who are trying to do the right thing with dogs onlead.

Edited by Kelly_Louise

and on that note.. if people don't want a bad image for the breed you would think they would make more of an effort fixing that image..

Now you've confused me.

Fixing that image by.............err..........not having tatts for instance..? Surely you're not going to say that having his dogs off the lead portrayed 'the' bad image for his breed(s)?

Edited by Bull Terr(ific)

In case you missed it Bull Terr(ific)

I don't have anything against tattoo's, nice bodies, dark shades.. (I have issues with pants not being pulled up over the butt :rainbowbridge: ) or those breeds, unless I am pissed off with what the person is doing..

So yeh I was out of line making remarks about his looks and I apologise for any offense caused.

eta- for those who have pants half way down your bum... pull your pants up sheesh :cry:

By being responsible enough to not break the law :rainbowbridge:

Sometimes I feel the way that you do in your OP, when gongheads do a bad job of securing their dogs on the back of rather flash utility vehicles, the ones with all the added extras, flashing chrome everywhere, but not the brains to know how to secure their tuff dog in the back of the vehicle.

I see what you are saying when things seem all for show, but simple safety rules are not followed.

By being responsible enough to not break the law :confused:

Sometimes I feel the way that you do in your OP, when gongheads do a bad job of securing their dogs on the back of rather flash utility vehicles, the ones with all the added extras, flashing chrome everywhere, but not the brains to know how to secure their tuff dog in the back of the vehicle.

I see what you are saying when things seem all for show, but simple safety rules are not followed.

I agree with you, Mutta.

I saw a young guy in a hotted up v8 ute with his dog unteathered on the back and he was turning the corners excessively sharp, stopping suddenly and his accelerating was so over the top for the traffic conditions (seemingly to get the nice v8 note). His dog was doing well to keep its footing and not go over the edge. He was too cool for school. I could be wrong but my perception of it was that he was doing it all for show.

I did call the police and gave his plate number etc. but never followed it up to see if they spoke to him or not.

We can all be judgemental and guilty of stereotyping at times but regardless of our perceptions as to the reasons, the real issue is people breaking the law and risking the safety of their dogs and consequently the possible safety of other people and dogs by way of road accident or a scuffle or outright attack ensuing between a leashed and unleashed dog.

The most dangerous thing in this story is probably car accidents being caused by the hot man walking his dogs. I would have had a perve.

My husband has tats and wears jeans showing his bonds jocks and has his DG shades on. He is an executive manager during the week, wears suits and ties with no tats showing, and on weekends likes his style of clothes and body art.

I know, but you could tell that this guy chose his breeds to look tough :laugh: he had the top off and the tatts and walking around with his jocks showing and his jeans half way down his butt and dark shades...strutting down the street like a big tough man.

I guess he figures leashes are for wimps :)

I have bullbreeds...a lot of tatts, I wear dark shades. I have a crew cut, I'm a big bloke and I walk around the streets. So that means I've got the bullbreeds to look tougher heh..?

Stereotyping because of how someone looks huh?

I've got something for you that might come as a shock...he might love bullbreeds. :confused:

Christ.

So it was YOU BT?? :mad:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry, I'm not in the most serious of moods tonight. I think the heat has fried my brains! :eek:

Actually, the OP could almost be describing my bro -except for the fact that it's the wrong state, and there would have been bulging muscles added to the list too cos he's into body-building :)

....Oh that and the fact that his Amstaff would have been on a leash

A bit OT but will be quick.

My son and I were walking our 3 girls. Pit, AmStaff and GSDxRotty.

We came to a bend and a guy (much like you describe) stopped, looking behind him began whistling and calling to a dog.

This guy was pretty big, muscular, bald, tatted, mean looking (just the way I like them).

We stopped and waited for him to get his dog, which we couldn't see due to a fence.

He bends, clips and starts walking again,,,with the teeniest, tiny, fluffiest cross (which was strutting it's stuff). It had on a pink harness with glitter on it and matching pink leash with bling..

Might be reverse stereotyping in my case but my heart just sunk!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Priceless! :D