If One More Person Asks Me...... Grrrr

pixie_meg

All I can say is get used to it - Borzois are real crowd-pullers so you're in for plenty of attention!!!

(By the way, my bichon is always a toy poodle. And I always correct them. And they always go blank on me. But the other week a woman just went to pieces because he must be a bichon and she'd had a bichon who lived to 16 years - she just couldn't keep her hands off him and yes I loved every bit of it. It was really touching.)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

apart from seeing them at shows i have never seen a borzoi

how would the average person know what your dog was?

i love sighthounds and id love a borzoi but part of the deal would surely be handling people who are curious ....and some people...lots of people think they know and cos they think they know then they dont ask

think of some situations that you probably do the same thing...thered be plenty of those for all of us in fields where we know nothing yet assume we might

i have had countless episodes with people mistaking my breeds that i have owned

i dont find it annoying...

it might be inconvenient sometimes to explain cos youre rushing off but i dont even correct them sometimes

i dont think we should get any heat up just cos people dont know

save it for when theyre actually doing something really quite wrong

borzoi dont really look like any breed til they have their coats ...and if people arent really versed in the dog breeds itd be easy to think whippet which is a more common sighthound kept as a pet

be proud of your dog and be patient

I don't think the problem is ever people not knowing what breed the dog is.

The problem is when people tell you that it IS y (e.g a maremma is a golden ) breed and you go "sorry actually hes a maremma" and they try and tell you how its not. :)

(Maremma just popped into my head, no particular reason)

At least they still recognise they are dogs...........of some sort. A friend of mine was walking her blue whippet near the Botanic Gardens and was stopped by a tourist bus driver who called all his passengers over to see the kangaroo. She kept insisting Hugo was a whippet, a dog, but the driver kept correcting her and telling her it was a kangaroo!

At least they still recognise they are dogs...........of some sort. A friend of mine was walking her blue whippet near the Botanic Gardens and was stopped by a tourist bus driver who called all his passengers over to see the kangaroo. She kept insisting Hugo was a whippet, a dog, but the driver kept correcting her and telling her it was a kangaroo!

:laugh: ..Now that is funny