Amstaff Breeder

N@Dog

Ey Guys,

Ive been searching the internet now for a few weeks on Amstaff breeders (in AUS) for when i decide to get a pup (few weeks).

i have seen a few, the two i liked most were these:

king of Blue Amstaffs

http://www.kingofbluestaffies.com/index.html

Amseraphs Amstaffs

http://www.amseraphsamstaffs.com/Home.htm

Amseraphs, apprently (according to there website) are the Number 1 Amstaff Bredder in Australia, is this true?

also, can any suggest a creditable, good, breeder of American Staffordshire Terriers please?

p.s. if u suggest a breeder, and you have a Amstaff from them, please include pic :o pictures are always good, good excuse to show off ya Amstaff's too hehe :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might want to do a whole lot more research but you are getting warmer with your second choice.

Look for those who exhibit ( with success ) , trial or partake in other sports, they should also be health testing ( hips scores, eye certs and artaxia ).

ETA: it may also take a while for a puppy to become available from an ethical registered breeder.

Edited by SBT123

'hips scores, eye certs and artaxia'

yea both those breeders (from what i can see, and what 'they' say) do these testings (and come with papers etc) but yea, before i make any definet descision (even after all this) i would still go too the breeders and look at there dogs etc

Pick out a few breeders that you like and give them a call. It pays to have a good relationship with the breeder and by speaking to them you might find one or two that you really click with. Then ask if you can come out and meet their dogs :laugh:

Even if your breeder of choice doesn't have any pups at that particular time you can still put your name on the waiting list and learn as much as you can about them in the meantime.

Now- I dont want to put a damper on things but didn't you lose you last puppy Duke to parvo?? If so you might want to look into how to properly treat your house and yard to make sure that the new pup will be safe. Or even look into an older puppy or young adult dog that has had all it's vaccinations..?

Good luck with your search :D

Pick out a few breeders that you like and give them a call. It pays to have a good relationship with the breeder and by speaking to them you might find one or two that you really click with. Then ask if you can come out and meet their dogs :D

Even if your breeder of choice doesn't have any pups at that particular time you can still put your name on the waiting list and learn as much as you can about them in the meantime.

Now- I dont want to put a damper on things but didn't you lose you last puppy Duke to parvo?? If so you might want to look into how to properly treat your house and yard to make sure that the new pup will be safe. Or even look into an older puppy or young adult dog that has had all it's vaccinations..?

Good luck with your search :)

hey, cheers man! yea will do, and il check em out.

about Duke, yea he died spetmeber last year plus we quarantined the house and washed EVERYTHING the dog came into contact with and EVERYTHING that came into contact with that. my older dog was fine, his 98% healthy, 2% is his weight.....blame the labrador in him lol.

my mum is a vet nurse (for over 25 years) so we were on top of the parvo in the house situation BEFORE he died (vet's for 2 nights prior to passing away) so beet ya too it :o

cheers for input guys :laugh:

so yea i think the house is fine buddy :scared: cheers.

Is this the same lil guy that you got from the pet shop. poor lil thing sorry to here he got sick. Good to see you are taking the time to look for a breeder, you probably wont get one in a few weeks though, you may have to wait. good luck

Edited by sandra64

Amseraphs, apprently (according to there website) are the Number 1 Amstaff Bredder in Australia, is this true?

No its not...Im ranked the number 1 breeder in the country, she was the leader in 08

We have a litter due soon, feel free to check out our web site.

QUPNCY thanks for the nice comments :laugh:

Edited by amstaffchick

Some key phrases to avoid when looking for a puppy

* with or without papers

* all puppies come on the main register

* breeding for extreme muscle mass ( see breed standard )

* our dogs and bitches are huge

* show rings stars ( that rarely grace the ring )

* produce awesome bone ( see breed standard )

* massive heads ( see standard )

* our exciting blue litter ( beware of breeding for colour only )

* breeding the bigger, as bigger is better ( again see the standard )

There is a breed standard and it's the blue print of the breed, people breeding to the extreme or for colour have no idea what it is and what breeding for the betterment of the breed is all about.

Parvo lives in soil/dust for a LONG time :laugh: What did you disinfect with? Only a couple of things will kill the virus ... It would be awful to get a puppy and have it get ill too!!

Also - your pup may well have been depositing the virus with his faeces for a few days before you noticed him sick .....

No its not...Im ranked the number 1 breeder in the country, she was the leader in 08

It does say that they were Number 1 in 2008. They seem to have some lovely dogs :laugh:

you were still talking about your pet shop Amstaff in October last year, as though he was very much alive. :laugh:

I would certainly not be bringing a puppy into my home at 8 weeks if we'd had parvo that recently and if you are being honest with breeders (which I hope you are ) I doubt many if any, would let a puppy go to your home.

It does say that they were Number 1 in 2008. They seem to have some lovely dogs :D

Wouldnt know as i havent visited the website....I was just replying to the question asked...

according to there website are the Number 1 Amstaff Bredder in Australia, is this true
:laugh:

warley raises important points....Have a look at whats been bred from the kennels you like they are normally good indicators of what you can expect.

Wouldnt know as i havent visited the website....I was just replying to the question asked...
according to there website are the Number 1 Amstaff Bredder in Australia, is this true

Which is why I mentioned it, incase anyone thought they were missleading people with false information without visiting the site to see for themselves :eek:

It clearly states 2008

Edited by weisnjac

Be careful about this wording:

Each individual dog will be issued with a set of pedigree papers. The parents of your puppy each have pedigree papers

There is a big difference between pedigree papers and CC registration papers. We all have a pedigree, that is mother, father, grandmother, grandfather etc etc

Hate to put a damper on things, but if you've had parvo at your place as recently as September 2009 - then I'd be waiting a MINIMUM of 12 months before even THINKING of bringing a puppy home... 18 months would be more like the timeframe I'd be looking at...

T.