The Western Classic

Whipitgood

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didnt show last night but many no awards handed out by the european judges

And not for very valid reasons either apparently! :rofl: I did go down for a wander but the atmosphere was a bit flat last night... :hug: Nice to catch up with people I hadn't seen for a while though.

CnR - I congratulated the future Mr Lowe last night :( but didn't see you other than when you were busy in the ring - hope to catch up tonight!

Not feeling very enthused for some reason about tonight... oh well, we'll either win or get refused I guess! :rofl:

Good luck everyone - will see you there!

Tehehe future Mr Lowe.... he doesnt like that one bit :( I saw you from a distance, but u had disapeared by the time i got back to Joans tent.

Remind me WHY I am doing all 4 nights?? Its the coming home and feeding puppies thats killing me!

:hug: I'm not going. I have to play nurse to my poor, miserable, cold-ridden child. OH has taken the dog down by himself (shock, horror). I'm a bit scared about what will happen when he gets the hairbrush out...

Please...someone...help him brush my dog!!!

Thats a shame about the european judges non awarding. :eek:

Not saying anything about the dogs who were non awarded as I wasn't there, but IMO there should be more non awarding going on. There are too many dogs in the ring which are really pet quality and they should not be awarded first places.

And massive congrats to the judges who also refuse challenges to these dogs aswell.

Thats a shame about the european judges non awarding. :(

Not saying anything about the dogs who were non awarded as I wasn't there, but IMO there should be more non awarding going on. There are too many dogs in the ring which are really pet quality and they should not be awarded first places.

And massive congrats to the judges who also refuse challenges to these dogs aswell.

:eek:

Thats a shame about the european judges non awarding. :(

:thumbsup:

Couldnt agree more, IMO there are very few dogs around these days that have the WOW factor.

I dont think the majority of breeds are as good as they were back in the 80s and 90s.

Edited by BBB

I agree that judges should non award more for poor exhibits. I disagree that judges should non award based on that thier own country standard is different to ours.

BUT I don't know why the non awarded dogs were non awarded.

Pointdexter Moose is such a cutie. How did he go?

Does anyone have any Grp 4 results from Friday night?

I was entered, all packed and ready at 4.30pm to go, but the call from a friend about a fire on a back road behind my place (with those lovely howling winds) made me quickly reconsider leaving homebase!

Wanting to be down on Monday.... :rofl: nothing holds me back

:(

I agree that judges should non award more for poor exhibits. I disagree that judges should non award based on that thier own country standard is different to ours.

BUT I don't know why the non awarded dogs were non awarded.

Pointdexter Moose is such a cutie. How did he go?

Moose got BOB! There was only him and a puppy bitch, and she was non awarded, so I guess we did pretty good! :(

Linc is absolutely gorgeous :rofl:

ValleyCBR - was nice to meet you and the handsome Lincoln last night :cry: You both went really well in the ring and it was very cute when he met the judge :rofl: He is a lovely boy and took it all in his stride.

Amber did well, considering we did NO practise :rofl: and I had to groom her myself :( We came second out of two :( At least we weren't non-awarded!!

Does anyone know who got BIG for group 3 last night? Think that is what I'm asking :rofl::)

The whole night was a blur for me... here is hoping tonight will be more relaxing as I only have three dogs to show... big thanks to everyone who helped me out last night!

I kept meaning to come up and introduce myself but you seemed a tad busy :rofl: Hopefully tonight things will be calmer and I'll come and say hi :(

ST - were you there with an OES sort of up the back? I am too shy to go up and speak to anyone usually and it was only cos I know someone with a grown Chessie that I ended up saying hi to valleycbr. I saw Faolmor's OH - he's the one with the dreadies, yes? Don't know anyone else, only from descriptiond on here :rofl:

PD yeah i was flat out... won't be doing that again any time soon!! i honestly dont know how anyone does it with more than say two dogs in the same breed... even though we lost with the OES i was a tad happy as it meant i didn't have to worry about char for the rest of the night!! Yep Mr Faolmor aka Mr Dreadlock!

Kendall yep that was me! please feel free to come and say hi to me if you are around again! i won't be so busy tonight i don't think but i do hope that OES doesn't clash!

Group 3 BOB went to Tintookie pointer bitch (my fave liver pointer!) and RUBOB went to a lovely young american cocker named Dexter :rofl:

Edited by SparkyTansy