Why Don't People Pick Up After Their Dogs At Shows?

TessnSean

Seriously, I had no idea that people would not like dogs weeing on their tyres :cry: . Now that I know I wont do this any more
BMP i have read the whole thread - perhaps you can enlighten me on something I have missed?

Also, I answered your question about where to get your dog to pee if there are no posts/trees - or in your case, tyres - available... boys really will pee anywhere if they have a chance...

Yes, I did see the suggestions - thanks for those.

I promise I that if I use tyres in future they will be my own tyres :laugh: . As long as Rebanne isn't in the carpark with a bucket of water.

ETA: I should point out that I now use a belly band (and have for a few months). So he thinks he is lifting his leg but it all goes into the band. I have had many show people tell me this is the wrong thing to do as well :( (because it is cruel was one reason, another said he should be allowed to wee normally - sometimes one just cant win). He has lifted his leg from a very early age (10 weeks I think). Having not had a show dog before, I didnt know it would be convenient to teach him to squat. If you see a strange looking dog wearing a crocheted snood and a tartan belly band, that is us :laugh:

People who are against belly bands can take a long walk off a short cliff.

The 2 boys we show have never been house trained and will pee on their own bedding. :o

Since we we have been belly banding them life is much more pleasant. :mad:(

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the idea of the belly bands was to stop them peeing, not give them something to pee IN. When walking the coated dogs why not just put the side feathering up in bands?

Ceilidh i used to do this for the setters but for the OES i'd be spending all day putting the dog in bands LOL

I thought the idea of the belly bands was to stop them peeing, not give them something to pee IN. When walking the coated dogs why not just put the side feathering up in bands?

Ceilidh i used to do this for the setters but for the OES i'd be spending all day putting the dog in bands LOL

My dog is a bit uncoordinated. Even if I tie up his side feathering, he still gets wee on his feet and on the inside of his legs. Small dogs are hard - the weeing equipment is very close to most other parts of the body :curtsey: .

Boys will - on the whole - still wee while wearing a belly band initially. Some soon realise they are not having any marking effect and stop (after a couple of days). Others keep on weeing regardless :heart: . Most people put something absorbent and disposable inside the belly band to save washing them every time the dogs marks or wees. B&W brand sanitary pads are good for this :sleep:

i have to agree here. I have played with banding tobys sides and its the front and inner of his legs from willy to toes he gets - when distracted we might be lucky and he'll wee on his front feet too. He's very specially talented in this regard. people dont believe me until I show them his legs and belly after he wees.

Incidently I also have a toy breed, a Havanese like BMP I am not sure how much diiference that makes. He's my first boy,

Edited by angelsophie

i have to agree here. I have played with banding tobys sides and its the front and inner of his legs from willy to toes he gets when distracted we might be lucky and he'll wee on his front feet too. He's very specially talented in this regard. people dont believe me until I show them his legs and belly after he wees.

Incidently I also have a toy breed, a Havanese like BMP I am not sure how diiference that makes. He's my first boy,

Our Havs are thpethial Bec :)

speaking of special - my typing is horrid tonight sorry to all those who tried to read it! off to edit.............

i have to agree here. I have played with banding tobys sides and its the front and inner of his legs from willy to toes he gets when distracted we might be lucky and he'll wee on his front feet too. He's very specially talented in this regard. people dont believe me until I show them his legs and belly after he wees.

Incidently I also have a toy breed, a Havanese like BMP I am not sure how diiference that makes. He's my first boy,

Our Havs are thpethial Bec :)

Our two show boys have a teena night pad cut in 3, in the band. It does not stop them cocking just collects it.

Whereas Rev our boy is toilet trained and goes outside to wee/cock. Even the influence of his father when visiting has not caused him to cock inside and he definetly does not do it in the wrong places at shows.

I am only specifically asking about belly bands for shows. Toby is toilet trained. He is also very good at peeing on command at shows although if he really needs to go he will go on the way to the clearing against a pole or poop bin. We are always outdoors.

My issue was specifically coat on show day and was off topic anyways :laugh: