Why Don't People Pick Up After Their Dogs At Shows?

TessnSean

[There is a thing called karma and it's those dogs who piss all over everything, that often piss on their owners legs.

Or the judge :(:):laugh: ;) Yep, saw that one too! To say the judge was a little less than happy would be a slight understatement.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I'm always especially thrilled by the people who think it's OK to let their dogs pee all over your crates/guy ropes/car wheels/trailer wheels/chairs/babies (yep, saw that one!). Don't people have any respect for other people's property?

Seriously? The dog is probably doing you a favour by washing some dust off the tyre :eek: . I did not realise that people considered car wheels an inappropriate place for a dog to wee. It's not like you touch them or can smell them or anything :laugh:

If there are no trees, where do others take their boys to wee? (obviously, I have been taking them to the car park :cry: )

And I'm always especially thrilled by the people who think it's OK to let their dogs pee all over your crates/guy ropes/car wheels/trailer wheels/chairs/babies (yep, saw that one!). Don't people have any respect for other people's property?

Seriously? The dog is probably doing you a favour by washing some dust off the tyre :eek: . I did not realise that people considered car wheels an inappropriate place for a dog to wee. It's not like you touch them or can smell them or anything :laugh:

If there are no trees, where do others take their boys to wee? (obviously, I have been taking them to the car park :cry: )

I find it pretty offensive, especially if OH brings his car and it's brand new with a new set of rims on it too.

My boys will pee on the grass , a pile of sticks, a few blades of grass, basically anywhere, they don't need trees and I certainly wouldn;t let them pee on someone's car, tent or close to them

Seriously? The dog is probably doing you a favour by washing some dust off the tyre :) . I did not realise that people considered car wheels an inappropriate place for a dog to wee. It's not like you touch them or can smell them or anything :rofl:

Yes you can smell when a dog has peed on your car wheels. Yes you do touch your car wheels - if you're one of those odd people who likes to actually check the air pressure on a regular basis :rofl: and do you have ANY idea what dog pee does to alloy rims?

Just bloody rude IMO - take your dog to YOUR car and let it pee on YOUR car if it doesn't bother you, why let it pee on someone else's property?

If there are no trees, where do others take their boys to wee? (obviously, I have been taking them to the car park :rofl: )

To the longest piece of grass - my dogs have always peed when they've been asked to.

Edited by Sandra777

I would once have said babies was an exaggeration but I saw a dog lift its leg on a baby at a show a few months ago. :)

Seriously? The dog is probably doing you a favour by washing some dust off the tyre :) . I did not realise that people considered car wheels an inappropriate place for a dog to wee. It's not like you touch them or can smell them or anything :rofl:

If there are no trees, where do others take their boys to wee? (obviously, I have been taking them to the car park :rofl: )

I find it really offensive if people let their dogs pee on others car wheels.

Even my own Bullmastiff boy doesnt pee on our car wheels and I make sure he doesnt pee on others.

Attended the recent Qld amstaff show where we took the motorbike up.

One exhibitor walked his dog over to our bike to let him cock his leg.

OH saw it and as he was trying to video the show so I went over there and asked what he thought he was doing.

Guy turned around in a smart arse way and said "but he didnt do anything, have a look" I could of smacked him there and then.

yeah the dog didnt pee on the wheel but the guy thought he was so shit hot he had no problem in taking his dog over to do so.

he was damn lucky that hubby didnt go over

I have seen someone with a dog on the end of the leash doing a big number two and they were completely oblivious, I kept hoping they would notice but when they didn't, then walked away, I grabbed the nearest scooper, asked those close by where to put the poop and picked it up, I figured since I didn't say anything while I had the chance the job fell to me :thumbsup:

I used to show inside all the time in Canada (due to most of our shows being in the middle of blizzards!) Many let their males lift on the corners of the ring entry or rubbish bins etc...VERY RUDE....yes some of mine tried, but they got popped for their efforts and a stern 'don't you dare!' and I went OUTSIDE and found a snowbank or a rock....yes they'll lift on pretty much anything...NEVER on car tires because it does damage them. Unless of course you want them lifting on YOUR car tires only....then whatever floats your boat....

Seriously? The dog is probably doing you a favour by washing some dust off the tyre :hug: . I did not realise that people considered car wheels an inappropriate place for a dog to wee. It's not like you touch them or can smell them or anything :p

If there are no trees, where do others take their boys to wee? (obviously, I have been taking them to the car park :) )

I find it pretty offensive, especially if OH brings his car and it's brand new with a new set of rims on it too.

My boys will pee on the grass , a pile of sticks, a few blades of grass, basically anywhere, they don't need trees and I certainly wouldn;t let them pee on someone's car, tent or close to them

Seriously? The dog is probably doing you a favour by washing some dust off the tyre :) . I did not realise that people considered car wheels an inappropriate place for a dog to wee. It's not like you touch them or can smell them or anything :thumbsup:

Yes you can smell when a dog has peed on your car wheels. Yes you do touch your car wheels - if you're one of those odd people who likes to actually check the air pressure on a regular basis :laugh: and do you have ANY idea what dog pee does to alloy rims?

Just bloody rude IMO - take your dog to YOUR car and let it pee on YOUR car if it doesn't bother you, why let it pee on someone else's property?

If there are no trees, where do others take their boys to wee? (obviously, I have been taking them to the car park :D )

To the longest piece of grass - my dogs have always peed when they've been asked to.

My boy isnt tall enough to reach the rims :laugh:

It doesn't matter, it's still someone's else's property and your dog pissing all over it may offend them. I also find that once one dog pisses the rest follow and like to mark over it.

There are some owners who let their dogs piss all over other exhibitors dog trailers as well. That's ours and the dogs home away from home for weekends of showing and we shouldn't have to put up with it.

It doesn't matter, it's still someone's else's property and your dog pissing all over it may offend them. I also find that once one dog pisses the rest follow and like to mark over it.

There are some owners who let their dogs piss all over other exhibitors dog trailers as well. That's ours and the dogs home away from home for weekends of showing and we shouldn't have to put up with it.

:thumbsup: agree totally.

If I see you taking your dog to my car to pee on it you will get chatted :laugh:

Howie pissed on a car wheel at Bemboka as I was loading the car. I promptly washed it off with water... just as the owner arrived. It looked so much cleaner we discussed repeating the process on the other three. :thumbsup:

Accidents happen but you should clean up. Allowing your dog to piss on a Gazebo and just walking away is inexcusable IMO.

Show folk often look all helpless when their dogs crap out of sight of a poo scooper. They should carry and use bags like everyone else. Ditto if your dog craps in the ring. Stewards should NEVER be expected to clean up after your dog. :laugh::

Personally I think it should be compulsory to bag all poo. Over a multi day show it sure makes the poo bins easier to be near.

Edited by poodlefan

If I see you taking your dog to my car to pee on it you will get chatted :laugh:

I enjoy a good chat :laugh:

Seriously, I had no idea that people would not like dogs weeing on their tyres :laugh:. Now that I know I wont do this any more (unless of course I am sure that no-one can see me :wave: ). My car is parked on the street at home - the tyres are a regular pissing post for dogs on a walk and I have never thought anything of it.

So ... I would still like suggestions for where to get a boy to wee. Finding a 'blade of grass' only works if there is grass, and if it is wet, I cant put him on the grass anyway, which is why I usually head for somewhere flat and not too wet ... like the carpark. (BTW I love the haybales they have set up at benched shows for the dogs to toilet on - and they love them too - soooo much sniffing to be done :thumbsup: )

I HATE picking up poo with a scooper at shows,and much prefer to bag it...

although I am really weird about picking up dog poo that isn't my own dog... it makes me feel ill... still i have done it before and i will do it in the future if i have to - but that is the thing... I shouldn't have to... no one should except the owner/handler.

I remember once I was picking up poo with the scooper while I was holding onto the pooer himself... I was dragging the poo bin over, fiddling around with the scoop and the tray, which were both awkwardly chained to the bin, opening the lid, all while still holding the dog... people would walk past clearly seeing that i was struggling, yet no one stopped to help. The poo bin even tipped over at one point, happily the bin lid remained firmly closed and it didn't leave me knee deep in poo, ,but i was a bit angry with unhelpful people that day. Anyway now i always have a bag if i can because I don't want to go through that again!!

BMP if he really needs to go, he'll go on anything... I managed to get my boy to go on leaves, small sticks etc. perhaps if you start by getting him to pee on things you know he'll go on (trees etc) and use a cue so he will go on anything later on when he hears the cue word. This worked for my boy anyway. it comes in really handy because if you can teach them to stand and pee rather than lift a leg high, they don't pee all over themselves...

Seriously, I had no idea that people would not like dogs weeing on their tyres :thumbsup:

Seriously, you had no idea that people don't like dogs using their personal property as a toilet :laugh:

So ... I would still like suggestions for where to get a boy to wee.

Train him to pee on command, or at least attempt to pee if taken to a spot and given the command.

So ... I would still like suggestions for where to get a boy to wee. Finding a 'blade of grass' only works if there is grass, and if it is wet, I cant put him on the grass anyway, which is why I usually head for somewhere flat and not too wet ... like the carpark. (BTW I love the haybales they have set up at benched shows for the dogs to toilet on - and they love them too - soooo much sniffing to be done :thumbsup: )

Where other dogs are weeing. I bet he'll overmark a dog or bitch's pee.