Why Don't People Pick Up After Their Dogs At Shows?

TessnSean

I am really curious to know the answer to this one. I can list you a dozen shows where announcements have come over the PA literally begging people to pick up after their dogs.

Why should they even need to ask? Many of these shows are run by small clubs and as well as running the show these committees need to traipse around ovals picking up dog $#!@! What is so hard about carrying a bag when you walk your dog? I get so annoyed with irresponsible showies giving the rest of us a bad name.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yup we had this issue this weekend in front and at the bakc of our gazebo in the toy ring :thumbsup: our friend and my hubby cleaned them up before the kids found them but how gross! They were obviously ummmm not toy sized either! Pooper scoopers a couple of metres in either direction!!!

Mind you some exhibitors tipped their bucket of soapy water right in the middle of our ground tarp on friday night 1.5 metres to the left or right was grass but nope walked onto the mat and deliberately up ended the bucket??????? In fact they walked over the grass to do it :thumbsup:

Should be a warning system - dont pick up after your dogs three time your suspending from showing - mind you - who wants to volunteer for poop police duty :o

I think the show I was at said they would be fined $800 if the place was left poo filled. Many clubs are close 2 losing grounds due to human 'turds'.

It is very sad how lazy people are (or how important some ppl *think* they are).

Because a small minority of people in any sport think they're too important to obey the rules or make things pleasant for others.

Name and shame!

I remember staying at a school camp type place once which was away from the show site but allowed us dog people to invade as a trial. We could walk our dogs on the grounds but were under threat of shooting from the organiser to pick up or we'd never be allowed back. On the second morning a dog trailer pulled up, owners opened all the doors and released about a dozen large smooth coated gundogs which originated in the UK :o and allowed them to rampage all over the place, molest other people's dogs (all on leads) crap everywhere, then after ten minutes of yelling managed to capture the last one, loaded them all in the trailer and were intending to drive away.

Yes they were reported.

yup we had this issue this weekend in front and at the bakc of our gazebo in the toy ring :rofl: our friend and my hubby cleaned them up before the kids found them but how gross! They were obviously ummmm not toy sized either! Pooper scoopers a couple of metres in either direction!!!

It wasnt my guys! I noticed it too though, even if there arn't scoopers on every corner, there were bins everywhere!

I think we were at the same show Capanash. The announcement said that they only have 5 people in the club and that entries will have to go $15 next year to pay the clean up fee from this year.

We even pick up and get rid of mess whenever we see it. Many of these grounds get the honour of going on the grassed ovals. Imagine if you took a great catch in some cricket match and ended up face first in dog excreta? It is a real shame dog people give dog people a bad name.

I think we were at the same show Capanash. The announcement said that they only have 5 people in the club and that entries will have to go $15 next year to pay the clean up fee from this year.

We even pick up and get rid of mess whenever we see it. Many of these grounds get the honour of going on the grassed ovals. Imagine if you took a great catch in some cricket match and ended up face first in dog excreta? It is a real shame dog people give dog people a bad name.

hmmmmm a bucket of soapy water, me thinks you must have set up in someone else's perceived spot!!!!

yup we had this issue this weekend in front and at the bakc of our gazebo in the toy ring :rofl: our friend and my hubby cleaned them up before the kids found them but how gross! They were obviously ummmm not toy sized either! Pooper scoopers a couple of metres in either direction!!!

Mind you some exhibitors tipped their bucket of soapy water right in the middle of our ground tarp on friday night 1.5 metres to the left or right was grass but nope walked onto the mat and deliberately up ended the bucket??????? In fact they walked over the grass to do it :cheer:

Should be a warning system - dont pick up after your dogs three time your suspending from showing - mind you - who wants to volunteer for poop police duty :rofl:

Everyone is really good at the Perth grounds at shows... and even during the week during other classes such as obedience etc. I just can't understand ANYONE who would think so highly of themselves that they don't have to pick up after their dogs... it's pretty bad :rofl:

Should be a warning system - dont pick up after your dogs three time your suspending from showing - mind you - who wants to volunteer for poop police duty :(

At AKC shows, a person can receive a bench show hearing for letting their dog foul the show grounds (which includes motels/hotels away from the show site itself) and be fined/lose their show privileges the first time it happens.

Should be a warning system - dont pick up after your dogs three time your suspending from showing - mind you - who wants to volunteer for poop police duty :(

At AKC shows, a person can receive a bench show hearing for letting their dog foul the show grounds (which includes motels/hotels away from the show site itself) and be fined/lose their show privileges the first time it happens.

That would be great if we could have something like that here. I like many others are sick and tired of dodging the land mines when at shows. There is obsolutely no excuse what so ever to leave your dogs mess behind. :)

Bring on the fine / suspension system.............I am sure all of a sudden those who do the wrong thing will suddenly be doing the right thing!

I watched (as I sat in the car to get away from the early morning chill) an exhibitor exercise three large dogs on the footy field and not clean up after ANY of them....I jobbed my back so wasn't moving around real good or I would have been the first to offer them bags to clean up, which I've done in the past....

What annoys me is when you yell out "need a bag?" and they say..no thanks...and walk away and still don't clean up!!

There was no reason to not clean up if there was a mess around the rings, the scoopers and bins were in clear sight all weekend and I noticed quite a few willing hands either offer to hold dogs or get the scoops to help people who's dogs messed nearby. As always, there are a few 'special' ones that don't think this courtesy applies to them.

And I'm always especially thrilled by the people who think it's OK to let their dogs pee all over your crates/guy ropes/car wheels/trailer wheels/chairs/babies (yep, saw that one!). Don't people have any respect for other people's property?

And I'm always especially thrilled by the people who think it's OK to let their dogs pee all over your crates/guy ropes/car wheels/trailer wheels/chairs/babies (yep, saw that one!). Don't people have any respect for other people's property?

There is a thing called karma and it's those dogs who piss all over everything, that often piss on their owners legs.

I don't bother to tell them they are doing it :( just let them feel the wet leg and shoe