Why Don't People Pick Up After Their Dogs At Shows?

TessnSean

Seriously, I had no idea that people would not like dogs weeing on their tyres :)

Do you like your car tyres to smell like dog piss? I know I don't!

Don't be silly Miss B - apparently you can't smell it and you never touch your car wheels anyway :thumbsup:

I suspect BMP is taking the piss slightly ;)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All our boys can lift, but they can all squat too, and they do if there is nothing to lean against. No teaching involved...remember, boys squat before they learn to lift.

If our boys go and pee on the trailer, they get my toe up their butt (if i can catch them!) I most certainly would not permit them to do it on someone elses when I don't allow it on our own!

(What about the dog that stands beside you waiting to go in for groups and lifts on YOU?? That has happened to many I've seen..and the owner/handler, blissfully unaware for the most part....WTF?)

Apart from the poo the other thing that really really shits me is people who groom their dogs and let the fur fly around and/or lie on the ground. :eek::mad:o:( ;) ;)

OH MY GOD!!

2 of my BIGGEST peeves.... unpicked up dog Poo and people whom groom there dogs and leave dog HAIR EVERYWHERE!!!!

PICK IT UP!!!!

I like many others are sick and tired of dodging the land mines when at shows. There is obsolutely no excuse what so ever to leave your dogs mess behind. :eek:

Bring on the fine / suspension system.............I am sure all of a sudden those who do the wrong thing will suddenly be doing the right thing!

in just over 18 months of showing have never seen anyone not pick up after their dog. this is in SA though.

I like many others are sick and tired of dodging the land mines when at shows. There is obsolutely no excuse what so ever to leave your dogs mess behind. :o

Bring on the fine / suspension system.............I am sure all of a sudden those who do the wrong thing will suddenly be doing the right thing!

in just over 18 months of showing have never seen anyone not pick up after their dog. this is in SA though.

You must have been lucky because I can honestly say every time I have been to SACA Dog Park which is an annual thing for us, the grounds do have deposits of poo around, especially in the paddock / open space near your herding rings.

It happens every where, even here at KCC in the off lead exercise area, like what is the go with people not picking up there? :eek:

There is no excuse........... bags and bin are provided. :(

Still IMO there is no excuse for failing to pick it up. Bring on a suspension / fine system, I am sure people would pick up if they knew they could be suspended / fined for NOT doing the right thing.

Oh and the subject of dogs peeing on rims and or cars..........I am one who now has damaged alloy rims (bloody expensive ones at that!) and paintwork that is peeling on my car which is solely caused from people allowing their dogs to pee on my car!!! Not happy Jan!!!!! ;)

It does smell and get into your car! :mad

If one of my dogs even thinks about lifting his leg on somebody's property he is swiftly corrected before it happens, I cannot stand it happening to me so will not allow one of mine to do it to others.

I'd like to add a small extension to the not picking up after their dogs if I may to include - allowing your in-heat female to toilet in the grass strip right outside the entry to the Obedience fields where there is a trial or training going on over the same weekend ......

there is plenty of room away from the fields and commonly used areas to toilet dogs - why bring them there?

Edited by FionaC

I like many others are sick and tired of dodging the land mines when at shows. There is obsolutely no excuse what so ever to leave your dogs mess behind. :laugh:

You must have been lucky because I can honestly say every time I have been to SACA Dog Park which is an annual thing for us, the grounds do have deposits of poo around, especially in the paddock / open space near your herding rings.

It happens every where, even here at KCC in the off lead exercise area, like what is the go with people not picking up there? :love:

There is no excuse........... bags and bin are provided. :(

Still IMO there is no excuse for failing to pick it up. Bring on a suspension / fine system, I am sure people would pick up if they knew they could be suspended / fined for NOT doing the right thing.

Oh and the subject of dogs peeing on rims and or cars..........I am one who now has damaged alloy rims (bloody expensive ones at that!) and paintwork that is peeling on my car which is solely caused from people allowing their dogs to pee on my car!!! Not happy Jan!!!!! :(

It does smell and get into your car! :)

If one of my dogs even thinks about lifting his leg on somebody's property he is swiftly corrected before it happens, I cannot stand it happening to me so will not allow one of mine to do it to others.

I like you Stolzseinrotts have seen it at all shows. At KCC you see people in the offlead call the dogs when they have dumped and walk out no intention of picking up. :laugh::) ;)

Last year at Cohuna we had a fantastic venue, lovely green grass. Laurie and Kath where frequently announcing please pick up after your dogs or we will not have the venue next year.

Seriously, I had no idea that people would not like dogs weeing on their tyres :p

Don't be silly Miss B - apparently you can't smell it and you never touch your car wheels anyway :laugh:

I suspect BMP is taking the piss slightly :rofl:

Tyres not wheels! Your tyres have been on the road, exposed to road-kill, phlegm, vomit, cigarette butts and all sorts of other nasties. Geez the bottom of your shoe gets covered in wee and poo residue from a show, and you take that into your house and rub it all over your carpet. And then let your children sit on the carpet! I think dog wee on a tyre is the least of anyones worries :rofl: .

Edited by BittyMooPeeb

Seriously, I had no idea that people would not like dogs weeing on their tyres :p

Seriously, you had no idea that people don't like dogs using their personal property as a toilet :rofl:

How very 90's!

What about when your dog goes to the loo in a public place (ie a dog club) or on a nature strip. Someone *owns* that grass or that post you know, so you are letting your pet defecate on their personal property :rofl:

This thread cracks me up :laugh:

My dog weed on a bush on a nature strip once. The owner of the nearest house came out screaming abuse at me. I thought he was a lone nutter, but obviously others feel the same. :shrug:

A bush is one thing. Letting your dog walk up and cock it's leg on someone's car is just plain rude!! Big deal if it's "just" the tyres, and your dog is so talented that he manages to avoid the rims every single time. It's rude just the same.

Don't be silly Miss B - apparently you can't smell it and you never touch your car wheels anyway :laugh:

I suspect BMP is taking the piss slightly :rofl:

Tyres not wheels! Your tyres have been on the road, exposed to road-kill, phlegm, vomit, cigarette butts and all sorts of other nasties. Geez the bottom of your shoe gets covered in wee and poo residue from a show, and you take that into your house and rub it all over your carpet. And then let your children sit on the carpet! I think dog wee on a tyre is the least of anyones worries :rofl: .

I take my shoes off at the door and they stay outside....as does anyone that comes to my home....how about others?

Seriously, you had no idea that people don't like dogs using their personal property as a toilet :rofl:

How very 90's!

What about when your dog goes to the loo in a public place (ie a dog club) or on a nature strip. Someone *owns* that grass or that post you know, so you are letting your pet defecate on their personal property :rofl:

This thread cracks me up :laugh:

My dog weed on a bush on a nature strip once. The owner of the nearest house came out screaming abuse at me. I thought he was a lone nutter, but obviously others feel the same. :shrug:

glad you think this thread is a crack up but your dog won't when it gets a foot up the backside for weeing on someone elses property. And you won't think it funny if your dog wears a bucket of water either.

Tyres not wheels! Your tyres have been on the road, exposed to road-kill, phlegm, vomit, cigarette butts and all sorts of other nasties. Geez the bottom of your shoe gets covered in wee and poo residue from a show, and you take that into your house and rub it all over your carpet. And then let your children sit on the carpet! I think dog wee on a tyre is the least of anyones worries :laugh: .

I take my shoes off at the door and they stay outside....as does anyone that comes to my home....how about others?

Does your dog only hit the tyres every time adjusting its aim for the differing amounts of rubber from low profile tyres to desert dualers. It is an amazing dog if it can perhaps you should put it on a talent show. Even if it is only on the rubber it still can damage it. perhaps the next person who catches your dog peeing on their tyres should send you the bill for the replacement rims. An expensive set of Mags can be ruined by dog piss. I personaly clean my tyres & Rims every time I wash my car, which is once a week and pollish both the car and rims at the same time.

As for the shoes I leave mine in the shed when I walk in and to be extra safe as only our back yard is fenced I have 2 pair of thongs one for the front yard and one for the back.

And you won't think it funny if your dog wears a bucket of water either.

Oh I would love to see this, in the car park, at a show :rofl: :p :rofl::shrug: Wonder how funny that would be? And all us nutters cracking up :mad :D

well you know it's not always easy to get water exactly on the spot, you stand back and fling it hoping most covers what you are trying to clean and if there is a dog in the way :laugh: