Why Don't People Pick Up After Their Dogs At Shows?

TessnSean

Sorry but someone allowing their dog to blatantly pee on someone elses property, regardless of how much muck it unintentionally comes into contact with, is just rude. It's almost like saying it's ok that your dog pees on someones shoes, because they already walk through muck.

Male dog pee can smell absolutely feral, and I am not sure about anyone else but i can smell it a mile off - some dogs have stronger pee than others but it is an awful smell.

Stop trying to justify your actions, get that it just isn't something you do, and move on. Do like the rest of us do with coated male dogs and teach them to squat pee... it'll probably save your dogs coat anyway.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMGawd, so many uptight people :thumbsup: .

You all would have loved the thread a year or two ago on rubbish bins. I don't mind if people put rubbish in my bin, and I put rubbish in other peoples bins. I got flamed for that too :laugh: . I bet you all used to get furious if someone drank from your outside tap, BEFORE we had to pay for water usage :D .

Here are some pics :

This dog would definately be able to reach the rims :thumbsup:

dog-pees-upside-down.jpg

HORROR in the streets :eek:

Dog-peeing_Flickr.jpg

A statue:

200182266-001.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=F5B5107058D53DF54A51C96A4103A41C79F5CC6734C985E2B489CCC0AEFC30BD6529E79887609E4F

And for those of you who think it is acceptable to assault a dog that wees on your tyre :o

(ETA I see most people are ignoring the questions I posed - double standards??)

Edited by BittyMooPeeb

Sorry but someone allowing their dog to blatantly pee on someone elses property, regardless of how much muck it unintentionally comes into contact with, is just rude. It's almost like saying it's ok that your dog pees on someones shoes, because they already walk through muck.

Male dog pee can smell absolutely feral, and I am not sure about anyone else but i can smell it a mile off - some dogs have stronger pee than others but it is an awful smell.

Stop trying to justify your actions, get that it just isn't something you do, and move on. Do like the rest of us do with coated male dogs and teach them to squat pee... it'll probably save your dogs coat anyway.

Maybe you should read the whole thread before you post ST :laugh:

You all would have loved the thread a year or two ago on rubbish bins. I don't mind if people put rubbish in my bin, and I put rubbish in other peoples bins.

I don't care if you put rubbish in my bin, so long as you don't show disrespect for someone else's property by stealing the whole bin like someone did recently

I bet you all used to get furious if someone drank from your outside tap, BEFORE we had to pay for water usage :laugh: .

You can drink from my outside tap anytime you like, but since I won't even let the dogs PADDLE in the water that comes out of it I'll get you to sign a waiver first OK?

(ETA I see most people are ignoring the questions I posed - double standards??)

Which question do you want answered?

Edited by Sandra777

OMGawd, so many uptight people :laugh:

Yes, it's utterly hilarious to allow your dog to piss on other peoples personal property. Sooooooo funny.

What if a member of the public was attending a dog show, and caught you allowing your dog to toilet on their tyres? I'm sure that's sending a really great message about dog exhibitors :thumbsup:

Uptight? no....just honest....we don't allow OUR OWN dogs to piss on our own cars, why would we accept someone else doing it? As mentioned..if that's the only way to get your dogs to pee....take them to your own vehicle.

I wonder how uptight you might be if as mentioned, you are caught leading your dogs to others cars and end up with a toe up their arse or a bucket of water on them.....?

I'm wondering what question was asked as well.....I know I answered about the shoes.....oh yes, and we even hose down our veranda daily and wash all we can where we know the dogs lift (in their own doggie yards)

BMP i have read the whole thread - perhaps you can enlighten me on something I have missed?

Also, I answered your question about where to get your dog to pee if there are no posts/trees - or in your case, tyres - available... boys really will pee anywhere if they have a chance...

I'm still at a loss as to why an exhibitor can't toilet their dog on the grass or go and find a spot that is suitable , that does not involve letting their dog pee on and potentially damage another persons property.

Boot up, band up and go find somewhere.

I'm sure the same people that won't toilet their dogs on grass , still exhibit them in the grassed rings

:laugh: I have a male white coated dog (toy breed) he pees on command anywhere so no issues like those being debated - he has had one mistake on someones mat when younger that i washed off with water and our towels and still feel bad about - BUT I am curious as to how you get a boy to squat as he has terrible aim and does pee on his coat when he lifts his leg. I am thinking belly band might be the option but was interested in teaching a squat when I saw your post.

Thankyou

Bec

angelsophie by squat I guess i mean more stand/squat like a puppy pees... you can teach a cue word for peeing by starting out getting them to go somewhere they will go without fail (praise required when they go of course)... once you have that, they'll go when you say that word, regardless of where they are. that is it in a nutshell. Another quick easy way is to take boys over to where a bitch might have gone. All my boys go over the top of girl pee without a second thought... sometimes my boys will still lift a leg but only slightly as they are aiming for the ground.

angelsophie by squat I guess i mean more stand/squat like a puppy pees... you can teach a cue word for peeing by starting out getting them to go somewhere they will go without fail (praise required when they go of course)... once you have that, they'll go when you say that word, regardless of where they are. that is it in a nutshell. Another quick easy way is to take boys over to where a bitch might have gone. All my boys go over the top of girl pee without a second thought... sometimes my boys will still lift a leg but only slightly as they are aiming for the ground.

The wee on command is solid with him which is great as I need to get him to go on the grass in enough time to powder him dry as he is MESSY. its the whole leg lifting terrible aim I'd like to fix! I wish I could teach a girly squat :mad

Seriously, I had no idea that people would not like dogs weeing on their tyres :laugh: . Now that I know I wont do this any more
BMP i have read the whole thread - perhaps you can enlighten me on something I have missed?

Also, I answered your question about where to get your dog to pee if there are no posts/trees - or in your case, tyres - available... boys really will pee anywhere if they have a chance...

Yes, I did see the suggestions - thanks for those.

I promise I that if I use tyres in future they will be my own tyres :( . As long as Rebanne isn't in the carpark with a bucket of water.

ETA: I should point out that I now use a belly band (and have for a few months). So he thinks he is lifting his leg but it all goes into the band. I have had many show people tell me this is the wrong thing to do as well :mad (because it is cruel was one reason, another said he should be allowed to wee normally - sometimes one just cant win). He has lifted his leg from a very early age (10 weeks I think). Having not had a show dog before, I didnt know it would be convenient to teach him to squat. If you see a strange looking dog wearing a crocheted snood and a tartan belly band, that is us :(

Edited by BittyMooPeeb