Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Well you've got at least a year to get super fit, til your dog is matured enough to go for real runs with you. I'm juuust getting into running with Esky. (I suck ATM :laugh: ) but I've never enjoyed running ever in my whole life. It feels a lot less stupid when you've got a dog with you.

Yay on getting to start running with Esky! I know I have a long time to wait, but I need to lose a bit of weight for myself anyway. I have walked/run friends dogs in the past and it gives you a purpose for running, your right - I feel a bit dumb sometimes just running when I am obviously not a runner, I am very unfit!

Yay on getting to start running with Esky! I know I have a long time to wait, but I need to lose a bit of weight for myself anyway. I have walked/run friends dogs in the past and it gives you a purpose for running, your right - I feel a bit dumb sometimes just running when I am obviously not a runner, I am very unfit!

Have fun - my Aussie loves to 'help' when I'm running by pulling as hard as she can :rofl::o

Have fun - my Aussie loves to 'help' when I'm running by pulling as hard as she can :rofl::o

My Sibe is a massive puller - yet you go for a run and she just plods along nicely beside you. :laugh: OH reckons he's going to run with her for the ET because she's not allowed to pull, and if you attach her to a bike she'll think we're sledding. :laugh:

Hi there, hoping I can join in on this thread :D

We have a 6.5 month old pure bred beagle male called Sammy, he's beautiful!! But we're also getting a female beagle pup early next year so thought this could be somewhere to talk about it, i'm sooooo excited!!!!!

Guest Panzer Attack!

LOL, I'm the same. When I was waiting for the Potato, I ran almost every day in anticipation. Of course, now I've had the dog for over 6 weeks and the most exercise I can do with him is a 10 minute walk, in theory... and he doesn't like walking on-lead! I also feel really stupid not having a dog when I go walking... I feel like I have to have a destination and feel like such a dumbass turning around somewhere. I'm so relieved it's not just me!

Kilgallonklan - woohoo, how exciting for you! Talk away! And please provide pictures :D

E x

Guest Panzer Attack!

Awwww, he is gorgeous! Beagles, Cockers and Corgis are tied for world's cutest pup, I think. How's your training going with him? Is he a show dog?

E x

Well.. I was offered a pup from a breeder today, a really lovely girl.. But I turned her down as I really had in my mind certain markings.

Now I feel like a terrible person.. I know someone else will love her, but at the moment if I am going to be spending the money to pick a life partner in a puppy, I would really like to have what I had been imagining.

Am I a terrible person? I am now a little worried that no other breeder will want to offer me a pup - in that I was too picky, and I might be waiting in this thread for a long while yet.

Well.. I was offered a pup from a breeder today, a really lovely girl.. But I turned her down as I really had in my mind certain markings.

Now I feel like a terrible person.. I know someone else will love her, but at the moment if I am going to be spending the money to pick a life partner in a puppy, I would really like to have what I had been imagining.

Am I a terrible person? I am now a little worried that no other breeder will want to offer me a pup - in that I was too picky, and I might be waiting in this thread for a long while yet.

I think you need to be completely comfortable with the decision of selecting a pup, if you are not completely comfortable then don't get the pup.

I wouldn't be put off by markings etc if it was the perfect dog for me personality wise.

Of course if there was any uncertainty at all surrounding the pup I would not take it.

There is nothing to feel bad about though, I'd rather a missed opportunity than a risked and regretted impulse decision!

I also wouldn't be put off my markings if it was the right puppy for me personality-wise, as Esky said, but if it's important to you then it's important to you! I do think it's important never to end up with a pet because you felt like you should.

Here's a new one of our boy (now tentatively with a new name that I'm not sure about yet!):

15qyw4p.jpg

Well I made the decision :) I will wait for the right pup for me.

Gorgeous photo of your new ones anna and lucious! :D

I hope to eventually meet some of you when I am out with my new pup! It would be great to meet people from DOL!

Anna & Lucious your pups are gorgeous!

Anna are you sharing the tentative name yet?

Tentatively Rupert ... maybe. Naming things is so hard, we'll wait till he gets here :)