Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

KritalJay.. Yippee! Today's the day! I'm sure the day will drag for you but before you know it, you'll have a new pup in your arms.. Don't forget pics, pics, pics!

Badger is also quite a biter when he's excited.. When he's calmer then a slow, firm "gently" usually does the trick as he learnt pretty quickly that we'll ignore him if he doesn't. But when he's excited, he just goes deaf! :D He also loves jumping at people's faces when they're down on his level.. I know he's just trying to kiss them but I'm trying very hard to nip this one in the bud..

No new breakthroughs in the toilet training.. If I'm very vigilant, he'll do it all outside, if I relax concentration for a second, he'll sneak one past me.. We haven't had one accident free day since I got him... Mostly wees.. and I know its my fault but I'll keep trying..

I must say it really helps me to read everyone else's trials and tribulations with their new pups.. Since they're all the same age more or less, its nice to know I'm not alone! Even the 'good' ones like Lola :o give me hope for the future.. ;)

I'm excited for you, KritalJay - can't wait for photos!

FD26, well done, Joker, sitting already! And that's so cute that he's skateboarding :o I'd love to see a video of that.

Sorry to hear about no great progress in Badger's toilet training, JaxD - he'll get the hang of it in no time :(

James has toppled a potplant (trying to chew on it), shredded the part of the bin liner that hangs over the top, put a scratch in my foot and attempted to chew up my younger brother's sports uniform (whilst he was wearing it) so far today. His biting is so frustrating - I had to put him in his pen so we could have a break from my shouting. He's been quite a bit better since coming back up though. I've been making an effort to pop a toy in his mouth everytime he goes for the kitchen chair, the couch, my hand...

His toilet training has been excellent though. No accidents for a day or two. I think he's getting extremely good at holding his bowels and I've gotten a bit better at reading him. Plus, he's starting to get into the habit of hovering outside the door when he needs to go.

His basic commands are a bit dodgy though. He won't "come" at all unless we're in the midst of a training session, in which case he'll come whether he sees I'm holding a treat or not. He sits wonderfully, provided you can get his attention. I'm trying to work on "stay" for when his food bowl goes down.

Red Ruby - I just LOVE Ruby! She is sooooo cute! Love the new collar too! Did you get it made?

Maverick - Hector is adorable. I love his colouring!

KritalJay - How exciting for you! Can't wait for piccies :o

Hi everyone else!

Just had to have a little brag about my clever boy.. He now does sit and stays while I walk 4metres away and holds it for over 10 seconds! SO proud of him.. :(

His down and 'watch me' are also nearly there but his 'come' is virtually non-existent (only if HE feels like it) so I can relate to you, Niques.. ;)

And no accidents in the house so far today (but its only 2pm so hoping it'll last).. :o

Jangels is exceptionally cute!

Hope KritalJay's night is going well!

JaxD, Badger sounds like he's coming along very well with his training - clever little guy!

Well, compared to the terrible morning, I had a lovely afternoon with James. He's suddenly clicked into affectionate mode and is adorable. His toileting was brilliant - he would sit outside the laundry door for both poos and wees, whereas previously it's just been the former. Although saying that, we were just writing an email update to his breeder earlier about his toileting progress and he started doing a wee on the floor in front of us :dancingelephant: Cheeky bugger. And we had a really good afternoon training session - he started to get the basic gist of "stay" and his "come" is improving!

How was everyone else's day?

Niques, had to just tell you after our earlier posts that I had to leave Badger for 3 and a half hours this evening while we went out and when we got back, he was beside himself with joy! Was so excited to see us! So obviously I have to go out for a decent length of time for him to really miss me.. :dancingelephant:

Great news about your toilet training and general behaviour.. Well, not yours.. I mean James's.. :laugh:

Jangels is exceptionally cute!

Hope KritalJay's night is going well!

JaxD, Badger sounds like he's coming along very well with his training - clever little guy!

Well, compared to the terrible morning, I had a lovely afternoon with James. He's suddenly clicked into affectionate mode and is adorable. His toileting was brilliant - he would sit outside the laundry door for both poos and wees, whereas previously it's just been the former. Although saying that, we were just writing an email update to his breeder earlier about his toileting progress and he started doing a wee on the floor in front of us :dancingelephant: Cheeky bugger. And we had a really good afternoon training session - he started to get the basic gist of "stay" and his "come" is improving!

How was everyone else's day?

Thanks Niques He is very cute.

Jax D....... Jangels is the opposite to Badger ......We only have to leave him for a few minutes and to him it is like a couple of hours and he gets so excited. It's lovely seeing as we have only had him a week today. I love reading everyone else's stories too. So pleased our computer is fixed now & not freezing everytime I turn it on.

Red Ruby....... Her collar is gorgeous.

Jangles is gorgeous ~ If they weren't such a largish (larger than I can handle :eek: ) I'd get a Labrador in a heart beat. Did you see on the news how they are training them for Autistic kids, they show the dog a word on a card and the dog does what the word says, like sit, roll, speak, back....its amazing how smart a Labrador is.

Red Ruby ~ I couldn't see any pictures of Ruby's collar, not sure if my laptop was playing up or what, but there was nothing there, not even a broken link. ;)

JaxD ~ Badger is very clever, I used to own a mini foxy, and she was just a wonderfully affectionate dog. Well done on the training, some dogs just get it, others need more patience....same as kids really :D

Niques ~ James is just keeping you on your toes....so in other words don't lose your concentration of him for a sec.... :) or he'll make you pay for it.

MAD ~ How are things over your way? :eek:

Ok better go and finish this weeks study.

BF

Edited by Bluefairy

wow, nice little lab pic!

ahh so stressed here, not getting my girl on friday anymore..... hopefully the next week.

i was going to ask for my deposit back but breeder has already submitted my info for registration to CCC ......

im sure we'll be fine......better go email them, and transfer the money .

Poppyx ~ What was the reason you can't pick up until next week? I understand after reading all the horror stories on here about shoddy breeders etc, that any delay will ring alarm bells, but if you think the reason for the delay is a good one, then just wait it out. I'm sure everything is going to be ok :D

BF

no fault of the breeders, its ours really.....well ... we have been really busy with the business , we have put out about and probably over $25,000 into it, and you know starting business, you have to put alot out before you get anything back.

But its been successful, just still having to put what comes in - out! but in 2 weeks we'll be on a roll.

SO was now the right time to get her, money wise, time wise?...

I but anyway this week we'll transfer the rest of the money , and think about flights - have to get new quotes .

i was considering taking back the deposit, and waiting a few weeks and search for a new pup but we have really got into this now so we've just got to work around it, cant expect the breeders to be too flexible with travel - shes almost an 8 week old border collie - Monster!

so much to think about!

im so glad we're not having any huge dramas like some have had :D

but as far as the date goes ...... dont think we can do friday, so next week fingers crossed, but then they might only be able to fly on fridays i think they said, so thats 9 week old monster, and a bugger flight expense for me !

X

Edited by Poppyx

Poppyx ~ I can understand, I guess your wondering what have you got yourselves into....I think most of us have been in that situation before. You'll make it work, and you little 'monster' will fit in beautifully. Maybe she might make you both take time for her and so giving you both a much needed break from the hassles of a new business :D Do you have to arrange the flight yourself? Last interstate pup I bought the breeder arranged all the transport etc, she just told us when she was leaving NSW, so we could meet her at the airport. We didn't have to do a thing. Good Luck.

BF

Jangles is gorgeous ~ If they weren't such a largish (larger than I can handle :eek: ) I'd get a Labrador in a heart beat. Did you see on the news how they are training them for Autistic kids, they show the dog a word on a card and the dog does what the word says, like sit, roll, speak, back....its amazing how smart a Labrador is.

Red Ruby ~ I couldn't see any pictures of Ruby's collar, not sure if my laptop was playing up or what, but there was nothing there, not even a broken link. ;)

JaxD ~ Badger is very clever, I used to own a mini foxy, and she was just a wonderfully affectionate dog. Well done on the training, some dogs just get it, others need more patience....same as kids really :D

Niques ~ James is just keeping you on your toes....so in other words don't lose your concentration of him for a sec.... :) or he'll make you pay for it.

MAD ~ How are things over your way? :eek:

Ok better go and finish this weeks study.

BF

Thanks Bluefairy No I didn't get to see the Labs with the Autistic kids as I don't finish work until late on the days that I work so i don't get to see the news every night. They are very clever & cute too!!