Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

I've been reading through some of the crate training threads, and it sounds like a great idea for toilet training! What size do you think would be best for Maggie? She will be a 10 week old Golden Retriever when we get her, but we obviously want it to last her a while. Any ideas? :mad

I'd suggest buying the size she will fit into when she is an adult - otherwise you'll be wasting money when she grows out of one and you'll need to buy another - you can always section off the crate when she is little to reduce the amount of space she has access to ....

If you check online at the different options many will identify the breed that they suit .... my favourite ones are

for a softcrate http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/K9-SoftDogC...s__W0QQ_armrsZ1 (the seller is a Dol'er and is very very fabulous at helping you find just the right size!)

For a wire crate http://shop.vebopet.com.au/store/dogs/

I have GSP's and both my boys have a 48 inch wire collapsible metal crate (XXL) as this can fit both of them easily in it and for sleeping the boys have a XL K9 softcrate each (thats the size thats also recommended for Goldens as well :flame: my youngest boy is only 16 weeks old and he loves his crate - both boys do, we crate trained both since we got them home ....

I've been reading through some of the crate training threads, and it sounds like a great idea for toilet training! What size do you think would be best for Maggie? She will be a 10 week old Golden Retriever when we get her, but we obviously want it to last her a while. Any ideas? :mad

I'd suggest buying the size she will fit into when she is an adult - otherwise you'll be wasting money when she grows out of one and you'll need to buy another - you can always section off the crate when she is little to reduce the amount of space she has access to ....

If you check online at the different options many will identify the breed that they suit .... my favourite ones are

for a softcrate http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/K9-SoftDogC...s__W0QQ_armrsZ1 (the seller is a Dol'er and is very very fabulous at helping you find just the right size!)

For a wire crate http://shop.vebopet.com.au/store/dogs/

I have GSP's and both my boys have a 48 inch wire collapsible metal crate (XXL) as this can fit both of them easily in it and for sleeping the boys have a XL K9 softcrate each (thats the size thats also recommended for Goldens as well :flame: my youngest boy is only 16 weeks old and he loves his crate - both boys do, we crate trained both since we got them home ....

You are a star Fiona! I'll look into those two links. I'm thinking the wire crate will be best, as I've heard that pups can sometimes chew through the soft ones?

Three weeks exactly today!

Well its official, we have a puppy arriving in a few weeks. I can't believe it, we've waited for what seems forever, and this came totally out of the blue. I'll update with some pics tomorrow. I've got butterflies in the tummy I"m so excited.

Well its official, we have a puppy arriving in a few weeks. I can't believe it, we've waited for what seems forever, and this came totally out of the blue. I'll update with some pics tomorrow. I've got butterflies in the tummy I"m so excited.

:rainbowbridge::hug::cry: Congratulations, :hug:

Love to see photos and more details as you get them

Here is a photo of our little girl Georgia, she's currently 11 weeks old. We won't be picking her up until we get back from holidays in a few weeks. I was so excited last night I couldn't sleep. :rainbowbridge: Isn't she beautiful. She's from the original litter we were waiting for, but the breeder was going to keep for showing.

post-22362-1268944964_thumb.jpg

post-22362-1268944978_thumb.jpg

post-22362-1268944985_thumb.jpg

wow!!

shes beautiful!!! she looks like my Sam :rainbowbridge:

today is the day . better believe it!

we had horrible rain last night still drizzling now ! great! dammit, i want good weather so she can be clean, we're having enough trouble with the little dogs feet! xx

im update when shes home tonight, but can only do pics if shes asleep! haha

Here is a photo of our little girl Georgia, she's currently 11 weeks old. We won't be picking her up until we get back from holidays in a few weeks. I was so excited last night I couldn't sleep. :rainbowbridge: Isn't she beautiful. She's from the original litter we were waiting for, but the breeder was going to keep for showing.

:cry: oh she is just beautiful, lovely name too :hug: :hug:

Poppy - Good luck today, hope your little one arrives safe and sound :cry:

Mich & Jake ~ Georgia is gorgeous. I love the look on her face, she looks so intelligent.

Poppyx ~ Good Luck today, I bet your clock watching as I type.... :hug:

Costasmum ~ Thanks. I consider myself lucky actually. :rainbowbridge:

Because OH has reached retiring age, he has just applied for his super....so we are getting the kitchen renovated. The plans have all been done, quotes given, colours and styles picked out ages ago. But never had the money.....well we did but the erection of the garage blew our budget out the water and the kitchen had to get put on hold. So we are now going ahead with it. I have a gorgeous English oven sitting in our garage waiting to go in.....http://www.andico.com.au/productpages/falcon/classic90electric.html its the cream one with the brass knobs. The kitchen is cream and black......I can't wait for this.....

Don't you hate feeling guilty about spending money? Every time we do something for the house I have not batted an eyelid about the price.....but the kitchen is all my idea and design.....but I feel guilty about the money being spent on it :cry: though its nowhere near as expensive as some kitchens I have seen.....but still...I can't help feeling bad about it. Its horrible to feel this way, just because its something you want.....or need. There I go again doing the guilt trip....story of my life.

At least I have something else to take my mind off my little girl for a while.......nope that doesn't work :hug:

OK thats it from me.

BF

Here is a photo of our little girl Georgia, she's currently 11 weeks old. We won't be picking her up until we get back from holidays in a few weeks. I was so excited last night I couldn't sleep. :laugh: Isn't she beautiful. She's from the original litter we were waiting for, but the breeder was going to keep for showing.

Mich, Georgia is just gorgeous, well worth the wait :rofl:

Ive been quietly lurking in the background, and I have finally become brave enough to post here :mad

We have just welcomed our new little bundle of joy, into our home...

He is a Cattle Dog, and joins our 2 older ACD's, Yana and Clancy, (both retired from the ring, and breeding), and our 3 Basenji's, Saba, Ochre and Vanda. So the numbers of ACD v's Basenji's, is now even !!!

He is 8 1/2 weeks old, and came to us from Victoria. Since the naming of the above 2 'oldies', we have somehow ended up with a food theme, in the ACD's names. So he isnt named as yet, Mr R is still trying to pick his favourite from the short list of 2 :) ;) . Waiting, waiting, waiting !!!

We have had few accidents in the house, but they are completely human errors... We had a really good night with him last night. Put to bed in the crate, a couple of little whinges, then asleep till 4.30am when he woke me, took him out for the longest wee an 8 and a half week old little baby could ever, ever do :o ;) . Back to bed, just a couple of whinges, then asleep till the alarm went off... Very happy with that :laugh::rofl: Just hoping it continues ;) .

Pics soon...

Glad you decided to join in Rajacadoo, look forward to seeing cattle pup pics :eek:

thanks everyone!

soon i'll have my girl and ill be wishing the luck on to the next person..

i would love to tell you that the time flies...but no :laugh:

leaving here after tea.....im more nervous now....

im checking on the flightstats website watching her moovements.... except i dont now which flight shes on now.... sigh

will def check last one to make sure its all good....

we have a full house to night, the six of us and the two psycho house dogs, who egt all excited so not loookinf forward to being greeted by them !

and for a cherry on top...i have 3 new study units arrive today! one is due on tuesday!! how will i find the time...

UPDATE: tomorrow is the day.

she is stuck im Melbourne for the night with Virgin because they couldn't fit her on the plane....

anyway apparently she'll be her about 8:30 in the morning although he didnt sound to sure of him self.

will call first thing in the morning to confirm.

although this is complicated things. tomorrow morning is better, and she'll get some rest before the next flight x

UPDATE: tomorrow is the day.

she is stuck im Melbourne for the night with Virgin because they couldn't fit her on the plane....

anyway apparently she'll be her about 8:30 in the morning although he didnt sound to sure of him self.

will call first thing in the morning to confirm.

although this is complicated things. tomorrow morning is better, and she'll get some rest before the next flight x

That sucks but at least you get one more good nights sleep before she arrives :laugh: I remember that first week :)