Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Michelle ~ Excellent news. I hope you enjoyed yourself in Hong Kong? Not long now.... ;)

Saxonpup ~ I agree with you, I always thought they were bigger than they are. They are very small, and very cute.

Lindainfa ~ I was originally going to get a French Bulldog. Every time I nearly had all the money something always came up. So I had to rethink my breeds and options and I opted for another breed the Pug, which I adore enormously :eek: And a newborn, so the countdown begins :)

Well here's Zoe in her new DGG (Dog Gone Gorgeous) jumper to keep her warm on those cold night trips outside :rofl:

ZoeinherDGGOutfit.jpg

SoWhatDoYouThink.jpg

TheBallIsBroken.jpg

In the last one the ball stopped rolling and she seems to be wondering why its not moving :rofl:

I also bought her a new harness....what a waste of money that was. Its a My First Lead and Harness and it says: "Adjustable to fit all breeds and sizes of puppies" I have opened it out all the way and it only just fits Zoe :rofl: I should have stuck to the Puppia Harness.....so now I'm out of pocket as I can't get back to the store to return it. Oh well she did get the free ball and a lead out of it.

BF

BF those pics are adorable! Love the pink jumper! I can't believe that harness said that it would fit all breeds and sizes, and didn't even fit a pug puppy. Hope you get your money back eventually.

I got emailed some more pics of the pups from our breeder yesterday. They are soo cute. We get to go seem them in 1.5 weeks and choose our puppy. I'm so excited!

We're down to 2 sleeps now... I can feel the butterflies in the tummy already. :laugh:

BF- Why don't you offer the harness for sale here to recoup some of your money. I'm sure someone else who has a younger pup can use it. There is a sale section on the forum.

Zoe is sooo cute in her little jumper. Since Georgia's going to be a fluffer I don't think we need a jumper but I've been thinking of a raincoat in case it rains on one of our walks. :laugh:

Bluefairy - Ohh your little one is adorable. I have actually followed alot of your story. I remember reading how you got Zoe home and she fit in perfectly for your family.

So do you have a newborn baby or are you still pregnant? do you have other children? If so how are they with Zoe?

How is Zoe going with toilet training? I have read that Frenchies can be stubborn to train. I got my Cavalier toilet trained by 4.5 months with no accidents after that. Quite proud of that!

Bluefairy - Ohh your little one is adorable. I have actually followed alot of your story. I remember reading how you got Zoe home and she fit in perfectly for your family.

So do you have a newborn baby or are you still pregnant? do you have other children? If so how are they with Zoe?

How is Zoe going with toilet training? I have read that Frenchies can be stubborn to train. I got my Cavalier toilet trained by 4.5 months with no accidents after that. Quite proud of that!

Yes she was absolutely perfect for us, she seems to be just right for each of us, Kim is hyper and full on, so Zoe never sits still for her. Nicole is laid back and mellow so Zoe is that way for her. OH is quiet but loves to chase Zoe, and Zoe loves that. Me I am calm and slow, and Zoe loves to just sit in my lap and snooze :grouphug:

:grouphug: at the newborn....I'm too old for that now, I'm a Grandmother of 4 ;) My children are Ken aged 27, married with a son. Beck aged 24, married with 3 children. Nicole aged 20 living at home. Kimberly aged 13 and at High School :rofl:

Zoe is mostly TT during the day, so long as the one thats with her takes her out when she needs to go (she sometimes doesn't actually show cues) so its more a matter of timing. My last Aussie Bulldog pup took over 5.5 months to TT :rofl:

Yes I have heard that Frenchies are stubborn too. Someone told me they will urinate anywhere they choose, including your bed pillow :( this also kinda put me off as well as the money. Also they seem a little more active than I imagined them to be. Pugs are either doing zoomies (running around like their tail is on fire) or sleeping, I guess thats why they are so perfect for us. We aren't a very active lot, just short bursts of energy :rofl:

BF

Edited by Bluefairy

Hey everyone,

Excited to join this thread (and what a great thread idea too)

Today I am officially the owner of a French bulldog little brindle girl! She was only born on friday, so I will be getting her in July sometime.

Is anyone else waiting for a Frenchie at the moment? I have just gotten over being extra protective of Arnie, you worry about every little thing when they are a puppy and now to do it all again! It is so worth all those kisses and the love you get out of them.

Arnie will be 1 year and a month old when he gets his little sister home, he is going to love someone to play with all the time.

Now I get to buy all the girlie things!! I love everyones pics of all the items they buy, very inspiring!!

Hi Lindainfa & welcome :grouphug:

Yes totally understand the over protective bit. My husband and I are exactly the same with Jangels and we too are thinking of a sister for him later on. I want a black Labrador and he wants a Jack Russell. What breed is Arnie? He is beautiful :grouphug: Congratulations on getting a sister for him..How exciting.

Lindaaifa - Welcome. The wait will be worth it!

BF - Zoe is so cute. She is such a poser. Haha cute!

Jakeyjangels - I am also thinking of getting Oreo (my BC puppy) a younger brother/sister he can play with when he get older. He is always full of energy so I think that I should get a play mate for him because I won't be there to play with him all the time.

Michelle - Hong Kong is fun right? My girlfriend came from Macau (I am Indonesian) so I went to visit her during our university holidays. All our friends studying in Melbourne are from Hong Kong. Its a beautiful place and shopping paradise. 2 days will past by soon!

Little update on Oreo - he keeps farting and its damn smelly :grouphug: He always don't know that he is tired and he gets crazy over it. So now i know that once he gets very exctited, its either he need to wee/poo or he wants to sleep. We will then take him out for toilet (he toilet on command (sometimes)) and we put him in his play tent to sleep.

He gave me a scratch across my face today because when I carry him and he got too excited.

Nic

Today I am officially the owner of a French bulldog little brindle girl! She was only born on friday, so I will be getting her in July sometime.

Is anyone else waiting for a Frenchie at the moment?

yep I am waiting, my little girl Jolie arrives next Wed 28th I can't wait to meet her

Congrat's on your new little girl, they are a fantastic little dog you will be in love at the first cuddle.

Mine are spotless in the house.

Congrat's on everyone's pups they are all adorable

here is my baby

CopyofDSCF2257.jpg

FM ~ Wow Jolie (I can take a guess at where you got that name from :laugh: ) looks exactly like Frodo, she is so cute :nahnah:

Nic ~ Usually smelly farts and smelly poo's are caused by the food they are eating. When Zoe was on Supercoat Oh My Goodness she could clear the room when she let one go. But now she is on Royal Canin she doesn't smell anymore. I think its the way the food digests in their stomach that causes that reaction....it would be like giving most guys chilli and beans :) And ouch about the scratch, I hope its not too bad?

Hello Gorgeous ~ Welcome to the forum and thank you :bottom: I think she is too, but I am a tiny little bit bias :love:

Jakeyjangels ~ Wow what is it when everyone thinks alike, collective thought processes or something....I too have been thinking of getting another Pug......not sure and I have never mentioned it to OH as he really didn't want another dog, so I don't want to break the spell and hint at it yet. I'll give it some time first :p

Well Zoe seems to have set her little clock to waking up between 4:30am and 5am every morning. Seeing as I stay up with her until after 11pm, I am not getting much sleep at all. I even dozed off in front of the computer yesterday, and nearly hit my head on the laptop :( I am so glad I am not studying anymore.....I'd never make it through the day. Zoe's going to bed is better, she starts a soft cry from when I put her in the crate until I get into bed (about 3-5 minutes), then its quiet until morning. So that is a lot better than before.

BF

Edited by Bluefairy

jakeyjangles - Arnie is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel . You don't see too much of the black/tan colour combo, it is my fave!

nicolatu - What breed is Oreo? What a cute name!

Frodo's Mum - Oh wow, I didn't realise you were getting another one! She is sooo adorable and making me more excited to get mine. I can't wait for some good photos from my breeder. Are you getting her at 12 weeks old? Thats how long I have to wait, and she is only 1 week tomorrow.

Michelleva - What dog are you getting? You all ready, must be so much excitement in your household at the moment!

bluefairy - What is it with these bloody OHs?! It seems like its always us women,convincing them that we really need another animal in the house! I also have 2 indoor cats, so my OH was hesitant to get Arnie at the start. Now he admits he couldnt be without him and loves him dearly. However, I have been doing quite alot of convincing over the past few months about adding another member to our clan. The way I see how happy Arnie is when he interacts with other dogs, I know he would be happier with one for company. There are dogs out there who prefer being alone, but he is not one of them.

In the end, I got what I wanted because we made a deal. I can get my puppy if he can go to Las Vegas for a week with his mates!!! haha. Off ya go! LOL. So because of that I'm thinking of calling her Viva - for Viva Los Vegas. ;)

Lindainfa - Oreo is a Border Collie so you can imagine how his name came about. :rofl:

BF - The scratch didn't hurt but left a cut across my right cheek which is quite obvious. I am feeding him raw chicken(sometimes chicken wing), dry food(Coprice which is what the breeder has been feeding him) and 4legs meatballs(also what the breeder feeds him. I am thinking of changing to either Eukanuba or BARF. But I am not too sure about how to get the proportions right for BARF so maybe I will feed him BARF when he becomes an adult. That way, he won't miss any important nutrients for growing.

Frodo's mum - I love your puppy's ears. It is so cute. Sorry for the ignorant, how big does Frenchies grow up into?

I came back from university just now and found Oreo out of his play tent :confused: The first time, he pushed the whole play tent down but did not get out. Today he managed to get out and had fun around the house. When i open the door, he was wagging his tail and looking at me like "look, I am so smart!" ;) I trained him to walk on leash just now and I heeded the dog trainer's advice of walking faster with Oreo. It worked! because he was too busy keeping up with me that he didn't really did much pulling but he still chase cars. When he chase after cars then I will just stop and take 2 steps back. That seems to work good. He is so tired after having so much fun just now and he is sleeping so soundly now.

Nic

Lindainfa ~ I agree, OH didn't want to get our cat either, but now he loves her and couldn't imagine life with her not in it. When we had to put our last pup down we promised each other no more animals. But I have always owned dogs, and not having one it was just too empty.....I was kinda pinning for one. The girls were easy to persuade, OH just went along. But it is always brought up we can't go anywhere because we have a dog.....thats why I chose a small breed, she fits in nicely anywhere :( I love the idea of your Oh going to Vegas so you get the dog :laugh: and I love the name Viva. Do you know if your Frenchie will be a black brindle, pied or fawn?

Nic ~ I agree feeding a Barf diet to a puppy it is a must to get all the ingredients and measurements spot on, so yes you can start that when they are older. I know Eukanubra is good, my friend's breeder of her Pug used it on all her Pugs. I hope the cut on your face heals nicely, its so easy to get an infection, look after it. :) at Oreo the escape artist. As he has now gotten out of it at least twice, you might have to find a more secure place to put him. I love Zoe's crate, at least she can't escape that.....well I hope not :provoke:

Michelle ~ OH has to keep our grass short too, mainly because of Zoe's eyes and it looks so much nicer.

I'm just back from the Drs.....I could :dunce: I am allergic to gold, I can no longer wear my wedding, engagement and eternity rings, and it looks like I will have to remove the chain with my 4 pendants on that I have worn for the last 15 years :) At the moment my ring finger is swollen, inflamed and looks horrible. I have had this for 3-4 weeks, then it went away 2 days ago, so I put my rings back on....and its back worse than before. So looks like I can't wear any jewelery anymore :laugh: except for my Medic Alert bracelet, but thats surgical steal.

Well thats my vent of the day

BF

Michelle ~ Nope I have always been allergic to silver, but never gold, but the Dr says you can become allergic to anything anytime :provoke: I might just wear them for special occasions now and just take them off after. Its one of the worse things ever I think :laugh: fancy not being able to even wear your wedding ring.

BF

Maybe you could get a jewlery maker to make a leather necklace with a clear locket on it, with the rings inside. So no gold or silver touches your skin. Time to think outside the box, I'm sure there is a way to wear your treasured things without making you sick.

Hugs,

Mich

BF - just a suggestion. Do you feed your dog chicken? and do you use bare hands? I have NEVER had a problem with my rings until recently and I got such bad eczema my fingers swelled etc etc. I tried to think what i did when they went like that and i had been dividing chicken mince up.

So i left my rings off for about a month and use my eczema cream but most importantly I got my rings cleaned! Because after it cleared up the first time I put them back on and it happened again. Realised there must have been something on there that was agitating my skin. So after getting rid of the infection and cleaning my rings i can now happily say I have had them back on for 2 months with no problems. now everytime i handle ANY sort of chicken I use gloves.

makes you think though, what would be in that chicken to cause such a reaction on me!

Edited by oakeydoak1