Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Nushie - Adult Kongs are stronger and harder to chew. I've got the puppy kong but the dog trainer in puppy school say that BC has a strong jaw and I should buy an adult instead. I think it depends on the jaw strenght of your dog's breed. I am not sure of pug's jaw strenght though.

BF - Zoe is so lovely~ Oreo bounces his kongs around to make the dry kibbles drop out. I think each dog will find its own way to play with the kong. Yeah I agree with giving too much liver treats will cause diarrhoea. I mean put a bit at the end of the kong so the puppy will not get it and it can occupy them for the whole day. Haha.

Nic

Magstar ~ There are heaps of different kongs out there, The Wubba is Zoe's favourite, it is a small kong with a fuzzy covering and legs....looks like an octopuss. I bought Zoe a Kong ball, its as strong and tough as a kong but a ball instead. You can get biscuits to go into kongs (they come in different sizes for different size kongs), you can also get a kong with a pressure pak of filler that you squirt into the kong. And you can get a kong that you add a long funny shaped cylindrical biscuit in the end. All of these are designed to amuse, occupy and last a long time. They are so worth the money.

Nic ~ I'm not sure how strong a Pugs jaw is either, but Zoe has a light touch with her mouth. My last pup was an Aussie Bulldog and she could flatten out a Large kong when she was just chewing.....all you'd hear is this squelching noise as she pressed it together and let it go, over and over again. I tried doing it myself and even OH couldn't even get the kong to move. I'd of hated to have her bite someone, as she had an iron jaw.

BF

Thanks Nic - he will be in a playpen in the living area while we are at work so that he cant get into trouble :cool:

Nushie, just make sure he can't climb his playpen and get out, or worse get stuck somehow, when no one's home. Not sure of the design of your pen, may not be possible to climb anyway :rofl:

Another vote for Kongs here. Also, for a cheap option, lots of dogs seem to like to play with things like the inside of toilet paper or paper towel rolls. Leaves you a big mess, but entertains them. They can throw it around then tear it up, then eat it :thumbsup:

Saxon - totally agree with toilet rolls. It's cheap and good! The other day I cut a couple of holes and sealed the 2 ends and drop a couple of dry kibbles in there. Oreo was having so much fun.

Nushie - yeah my gf's toy poodle got stuck while climbing and sprained his ankle. Make sure he can't climb it.

BF - woah! Such strong jaws. Have u tried the kong extreme? Haha seems so tough. The kong wubba is good for tug game?

Nic

Emery ~ Your not allowed to just say "Is a little excited I should be getting my puppy soon going shopping today yippee" we need details, breed, age, are you picking the pup up or flying them in and especially photo's.....lots and lot's of photo's.

BF

well.. did pretty much the last of the shopping today for Jaws.

Bought toothpaste and toothbrush, a lead, a couple of grooming brushes, and puppy shampoo.

just need to buy some flea/worming stuff for a few months, and we are complete :)

although we will probably pick up a crate/carrier for having Jaws in the car, and taking him places with us, like parks etc, and probably a few more toys from $2/bargain shops.

its just over a week away now, starting to get very exciting!

Damo ~ I have a crate for Zoe to sleep in at night, and to get away from the grandkids when they get too much for her. But in the car I just use a harness and seatbelt attachment that buckles into the seatbelt. Usually I have one of the girls sitting in the back with her. If I have her on my own I use a cat carrier, a soft sided one, it is plenty big enough even for an adult pug. Those crates are too heavy to lug from the car to the house and too big to leave in the car as they take up too much room. Just a thought for you.

BF

yeah we have a pen for Jaws (thanks bunnings!), we are a young couple so dont have to worry about kids etc as its just us :o

as for the car, we were thinking of just getting the seatbelt attachment with harness, its just that we both sit in the front, so theres noone to sit in the back and mind Jaws (just in case)

so a carrier for the car may be the option.

its only a small car too (toyota corolla hatch), so again, not sure.

a week to go!

a backseat buddy car rug ( or there are similar one's )is perfect for pup/dogs it's clips across to the back of the front seats ( like a hammock) and the pup/dog can't fall onto the floor :o my car has one and I clip the dogs in with the seatbelt clip and theri puppia harness :)

a backseat buddy car rug ( or there are similar one's )is perfect for pup/dogs it's clips across to the back of the front seats ( like a hammock) and the pup/dog can't fall onto the floor :) my car has one and I clip the dogs in with the seatbelt clip and theri puppia harness :D

Ditto, I got the back seat hammack/seat cover. Its got slots so that the seat belt attachment can still come through. I only have a corolla hatch and we have a Border Collie, so he just sits in the back with his harness and seatbelt clipped on. Cover also keeps my back seat cleaner, since Mars gets slobbered on then rolls around in the dirt then jumps in the car and "decorates" the back seat with his puppy paw prints.

Mumof3 - How exciting! Brittany's are beautiful looking dogs. Do you have any other pets?

I have the first pics of my little French Bulldog girl at 3 weeks old. She looks like a guinea pig! haha

The photos are not the best quality, something happened to the breeders camera and she had to use her phone for pics.

IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

She is perfect!!

Mumof3 - How exciting! Brittany's are beautiful looking dogs. Do you have any other pets?

I have the first pics of my little French Bulldog girl at 3 weeks old. She looks like a guinea pig! haha

The photos are not the best quality, something happened to the breeders camera and she had to use her phone for pics.

IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

She is perfect!!

awww look at her how gorgeous puppy clucky lol.

my puppy is a rottweiler and a female she will be 10ish weeks and is flying :laugh:

Congratulations on all new babies!!

Mumof3 - so exciting - and now another countdown until your baby comes home. I've got two weeks to go.

Lindainfa - love that smooshed in face and that little belly.

Emery - look forward to photos of your Rottie girl.

So many of us getting close to bringing our puppies home. It's so exciting - I can hardly wait!

So many of us getting close to bringing our puppies home. It's so exciting - I can hardly wait!

i know!

such an exciting feeling! cant wait to get Jaws home, and get lots of photos of him to add to our collection around the house :D

me and my OH are so happy to get Jaws, hes so gorgeous!

and having a puppy/dog around the house is so different to a cat, too, as much as i love my OH's cats.

7 days to go!

It's so exciting to get so many puppies coming!

Lindaifa - your baby is so lovely. Has it got a name yet?

My boy, Oreo have been impressing everyone with his friendliness. Lol my puppy is weird because he loves males more than females because males play rough with him. He has been sleeping outside his crate for the last 2 days and no accident so far! I am so happy. I have to teach him more tricks now. Other than the basics. He has now picked up "spin" , "in" (for going into his crate) and working on his "give", "take", "stay" and "kiss". HahA