Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Also, what do you all recommend to use to clean up any accidents? We have a piece of limo to put under the play pen for easy cleaning. But the rest of the house is carpet. What can i use to clean up the mess and what is best to neutralise the smell so that he wont go back to the same place?

Sorry i have soooo many questions.

Guest belgian.blue
My main problem now is figuring out a name.

Don't worry, I had the same problem and thought NO! I'm going to wait until my pup arrives, as he came from NSW to Perth. Great idea that was actually. Came up with Badger while I was watching him play on the lawn of our first Saturday morning together :) I knew right away it was the right choice. He now knows his name really well.

Badger is crate and toilet trained and it hasn't even been a week!

As I found he slept really good when snuggled in to me, on my lap or in bed with me but wasn't sleeping overly good in his crate I knew he was waking up due to losing his body temp quickly when on his own [the nights are cooler even for us humans]. After eight [possibly longer for some pups] weeks sleeping with his litter mates and all that extra toasty body warmth, he's used to it. It's comfort for him!

Soooo, I went on a mission to find a hot water bottle and ta da .. we have a pup who adores his crate and spends close to three hours at a time on his own.

Badger is awake .. toilet time ;)

:D :):laugh::rofl:

Zoe slept from 11pm and woke at 6:20am.....I am gobsmacked, OH and the girls were commenting on it this morning. I thought at first I was just so tired I slept through it all, but nope she did it herself.....how proud am I at the moment :D So the new "take control" me must have rubbed off on Zoe :p

Hooray!! :(

Mars used to wake up at all hours of the night and have a bit of a cry. We also have someone in the household that wakes up at 5:30am, so when he hears them wake up he likes to jump up on the side of the bed and give me a big wake up smooch.

Now he wakes up between 6:30am - 7am each day, which is horrible on the weekends.. but I guess it gets me outta bed to do stuff! ;)

But the main reason for this post was to say..... Yay for Zoe, keep it up! :D

we go visit our pug pup Jaws this Sunday, the 6 week mark :)

cant wait to meet him and play with him and take lots of photos!

then the remainder 2 weeks will be killer!

but will be so nice to finally bring him home!

getting nearer! time is going fast!

we go visit our pug pup Jaws this Sunday, the 6 week mark :)

cant wait to meet him and play with him and take lots of photos!

then the remainder 2 weeks will be killer!

but will be so nice to finally bring him home!

getting nearer! time is going fast!

Oooh exciting! Can't wait for the pics when you get back!! :)

Not long now!!!

thought i would pop back in to let you know my beautiful girl Jolie arrived yesterday and is BEAUTIFUL I'm wrapped with her,she has settled in great after her big trip. She is 13 weeks old

please meet

Gefion Dora the Explorer ( Imp NZ )

jolie5.jpg

thought i would pop back in to let you know my beautiful girl Jolie arrived yesterday and is BEAUTIFUL I'm wrapped with her,she has settled in great after her big trip. She is 13 weeks old

please meet

Gefion Dora the Explorer ( Imp NZ )

jolie5.jpg

OMG She is absolutely beautiful Frodo's Mum. Where did you get her?

Guest belgian.blue
she comes from Gefion French Bulldogs in New Zealand :eek:

Congrats, she's adorable! Love her reg name hehe.

If you don't mind me asking, I'm curious .. how much was freight from NZ to Aust? You don't have to answer :laugh:

Nushie - Use Urine-off which seems to be recommended by quite a few people.

BB - Woah your training seems to be going well. Maybe you could put a blanket for him. My boy lets me hug for about 3 seconds so I guess he feels hot. He is a long-haired Border Collie though.

Last time I ask a Japanese Spitz breeder and it cost $1200 to bring a Spitz to Melbourne.

Frodo's mum - She is so lovely.

Damo & Jaws - At least you get to meet him at 6 weeks which is good. Wait awhile more~

Short update on Oreo - He is now 7.2kg comparing that to 4.6kg when he just arrives. Haha He sure grows a lot. He nipped on 3 other puppies' ears in the puppy pre-schooll. It must be quite painful because they yelp. According to the dog trainer, he does that because of his herding instinct because BC nips on the heel or the ear to get the sheep moving. I am getting him into more advanced class so that he won't bite other puppies. It is so weird that he bites on other puppies because he won't bite any human being. Maybe because he gets too excited when he sees other dogs.

He was going very well with his TT until he feels he need our attention that he went to pee on my bed! We have a place for him to toilet indoor which he goes to but he just feels like peeing on my bed that night. Is it because he wants to mark his area?

Nic

Guest belgian.blue
BB - Woah your training seems to be going well. Maybe you could put a blanket for him. My boy lets me hug for about 3 seconds so I guess he feels hot. He is a long-haired Border Collie though.

Put in a blanket for him you mean, maybe? Yeah he has a lot of blankets but he's a very short coated breed. Though now he's older, and in a the larger crate .. he has a choice if he sleeps near the warmth or away from it.

My adult Pointer wear PJs, as do most short coated breeds. Ivy has her own personal jacket, like your Border Collie :eek:

Put in a blanket for him you mean, maybe? Yeah he has a lot of blankets but he's a very short coated breed. Though now he's older, and in a the larger crate .. he has a choice if he sleeps near the warmth or away from it.

My adult Pointer wear PJs, as do most short coated breeds. Ivy has her own personal jacket, like your Border Collie :rofl:

Yeah that was what i meant :eek: Sorry for the bad english.

I started on clicker training. Hope it will make training easier.

Nic

Hi all!

So great to hear everyone's puppies are going well! Maggie has been good and is getting better everyday with being left outside while we are at work! Not too much destruction yet! Just a shite load of poo's (pun intended :rofl: ) and a chewed up doormat!

She's getting a lot more confident, and came right out of her shell last puppy school and joined in happily playing with the others.

She went to her first vet visit with us on Wednesday for her second vaccination - boy has she grown! She now weighs 9.2kg, big girl and only JUST fits into her harness (we will have to buy a new one this weekend - the small only lasted 3 weeks!).

She still LOVES to do her business on the doormats, we have tried gradually pulling the doormats towards the garden, which worked for a while, put then she just decided to go where they once were by the door! :laugh:

Found out tonight she can easily get on and off the couch on her own (we decided to not let her on the couch, but I like to have a sneaky cuddle with her on here when my OH isn't looking!) - tonight she jumped on herself and lay down next to me - CHEEKY!!!

Will have to take some more photo's soon, as it is so true what everyone says - they grow sooooo fast!!!! :rofl:

Wow its all go in here now with soon to be got puppies and puppies already here and yes Lauren they do grow so fast.

Zoe is now sleeping through the night, but I don't get her up until 6:30am give or take a few minutes :) She is really good in her training, still teaching her 'out' when I want her out of the way. She will now sit and wait watching my finger when she eats now, so no more pushing her bottom down or holding her in place so :) She went to do a zoomie (pugs just run full pelt around a room or round the table etc) last night and as she started off she ran straight into the leg of a stool....poor Zoe just stood looking around wondering what happened ;) it was so funny to see the look on her face of total bewilderment :laugh:

Do you remember me tell you about that puppy harness I bought that was too small even though its supposed to fit all puppy breeds? I received a huge box on Wednesday with heaps of toys and a small harness, this one is a car and walking harness and is so much better than anything else I have seen. Zoe has been playing with all the toys and loves two in particular :cool: so spoilt she is :p

Ok I better go as I have to take OH to work 300km away, but at least the girls and I get to have lunch out :D

BF

Wow its all go in here now with soon to be got puppies and puppies already here and yes Lauren they do grow so fast.

Zoe is now sleeping through the night, but I don't get her up until 6:30am give or take a few minutes :) She is really good in her training, still teaching her 'out' when I want her out of the way. She will now sit and wait watching my finger when she eats now, so no more pushing her bottom down or holding her in place so :) She went to do a zoomie (pugs just run full pelt around a room or round the table etc) last night and as she started off she ran straight into the leg of a stool....poor Zoe just stood looking around wondering what happened ;) it was so funny to see the look on her face of total bewilderment :laugh:

Do you remember me tell you about that puppy harness I bought that was too small even though its supposed to fit all puppy breeds? I received a huge box on Wednesday with heaps of toys and a small harness, this one is a car and walking harness and is so much better than anything else I have seen. Zoe has been playing with all the toys and loves two in particular :cool: so spoilt she is :p

Ok I better go as I have to take OH to work 300km away, but at least the girls and I get to have lunch out :D

BF

BF - How old is Zoe now? What time does she did her last pee before getting up at 6.30am? Last night, Oreo peed at 12am before i put him into bed. I set an alarm to wake up at 4am but I saw him still sleeping happily in his crate so I didn't wake him up. When i wake up at 7.15am, he is still asleep so i wake him up to go pee outside. He did a big pee and then a bit of poo and then wee again then poo again. I was like "OMG! How can he contain that much." I think I will wake him up in the middle of the night for the wee.

Nic

Hi everyone, I've been up in Cairns for the last few days thats why I haven't been around. I had to trust hubby and the kids to look after Georgia and they did a fantastic job. She's doing great now and has settled like she always lived here. While I don't think she's toilet trained yet, we've had no accidents in the last couple of days so we're heading in the right direction.

I took her out visiting to my Nana's place today and she had a ball. She met my Nans dog and at first she was scared but she soon realised he's great fun to play chasey with, so thats what she did. She's still sleeping like a baby everynight in the crate. We haven't had to get up once, thats probably because she was older when we got her, boy what a relief!

I'll get some new pics soon.

Sounds like everyones pups are going really well!

We will be going to the breeders tomorrow morning to choose our puppy. I'm so excited! I've read so many articles on how to choose a puppy from a litter, but I'm sure once I see them everything will go out the window. To those of you who had the opportunity of choosing your puppy, how did you do it?

Sounds like everyones pups are going really well!

We will be going to the breeders tomorrow morning to choose our puppy. I'm so excited! I've read so many articles on how to choose a puppy from a litter, but I'm sure once I see them everything will go out the window. To those of you who had the opportunity of choosing your puppy, how did you do it?

Oh yay, puppy cuddles for you tomorrow! Assuming you're getting a pet and not a show dog, I'd go with your instincts on the day. I know you need to consider temperament, "talkativeness" etc for your particular situation, but I bet there will be one that you are drawn to the most and that will be the one for you ;)

Saxon was one of a litter of 4 boys and I was drawn to him for some reason in the first photos I saw (really don't know why, it wasn't like you could tell much about 4 little fatties piled on top of each other with their eyes shut :) ) and then when I met them and cuddled them all I just kept going back to him. So he was the one for me :(

Nic ~ I take Zoe out at 11pm when I go to bed. I do have half the crate with newspaper and she always goes once on that. I was told as she is over 3 mths (she's 3mths 2 weeks) that I should stop giving her water after 9pm until in the morning. It is working as she would urinate in the crate a lot. I don't get up to her from when I put her to bed to when I wake at 6:30am.

Michelle ~ So glad everything went fine while you were away. Its always a worry wondering if they are doing it right. Also glad Georgia had a friend to play with, I wish Zoe did.

Magstar ~ I didn't get to chose Zoe, she was the last of the litter. But I must say my heart just melted when I saw her. She is so perfect for us I couldn't have done better picking her myself. I agree with Saxonpup, you will instinctively know which is the right one.....just be wary of any pup that shy's away from you, as that will will always be nervous. My last pup was like that, she never came to us (again last of the litter) and she was afraid of everything, think pitbull size dog who jumped and ran at every noise and object. It wasn't a pretty sight and it got worse as she got older, it would have been a nightmare if she made into adulthood, she might have turned into a fear biter.

Well I put Zoe in her crate at 10:30am and we got home at 3:30pm. She never urinated in the crate, never tore up the newspaper (a game for her) and never spilled her water. We gave her a bone biscuit but she never eats them, she waits until we get home to let her out then she jumps on her bed and eats it :( weird but cute.

BF