Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

ok I went to the Eukanuba website and emailed them BUT there is a thing they have going at the moment you answer a few questions and they send you a puppy book and a voucher to get a 3kg bag of food for free! I entered so will let you know what the book is like, you had to enter breed of dog so I wonder if the puppy book is breed specific???

either way just letting people know its there if your interested :smashpc:

i actually got the book and voucher as well cause the breeder was feeding Jager Eukanuba. The book is just a puppy book, not breed specific. Just gives hints and tips (as well as pushing their products). Its also acts as a 'My Puppy Book', you know the ones where you put in the dogs details, when the vaccinations are due 'stick photos here' section etc. Its an interesting read. And besides, they also give you a voucher for a free 3kg bag of puppy food. Cant complain about that!

It took a while to actually get the book, think it took about a month.

Clastic....she is doing fine, just getting more adorable every day..... she barked for the first time today (at Ringo because he didn't want to play). :whip:

Ringo is getting use to having a sister.... at the beginning he tried to avoid her most of the time but now he is learning that other dogs can be fun! :smashpc:

I don’t know what his history is.... but I don’t think he had other dogs to play with when he was a puppy. :laugh:

Nandi decided she will make up for his lost puppyhood ..... she is following him around everywhere, it is so funny to see a big strong JRT trying to hide from a small 10 week old puppy. :(

What are the things that you know now that you wished someone had made you more aware of just before you got your puppy?

Could you also please give us an update of how the new puppy is getting along with your existing fur kids??

12 days and counting for us :rofl:

So close yet SOOO far!

Swoon over the pups at http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?show...610&st=2250

Post 2261 & 2262

:( :( :(

What are the things that you know now that you wished someone had made you more aware of just before you got your puppy?

Could you also please give us an update of how the new puppy is getting along with your existing fur kids??

12 days and counting for us :wave:

So close yet SOOO far!

Post 2261 & 2262

:rofl: :rofl: :D

When you train your puppy to sit, drop etc. , always release him by saying "ok" and break him from the position. This way, he will learn that he is suppose to sit until you release him. You will have a reliable "stay" in the future. I did not know about this so I didn't do it and now my puppy has a hard time learning to stay in one position. Another advice is crate training is the best!

Oreo drop another tooth today while he was chewing raw hide :( and we managed to find the tooth and kept it. He also got 2 of his front teeth back! I am going to take picture and post it up later on!

Oh everyone's got such gorgeous pups!!!!

Belgian.blue, Badger is so cute! I especially love the photos of him sleeping with his tongue sticking out.

Borderfan - lovely pics. I love the one of your pup in midair!

Quickbrownfox, can't wait to see your puppy pics!

12 days and counting for us :rofl:

So close yet SOOO far!

Post 2261 & 2262

:):cheer: :cheer:

14weeks til mine should come home with me but about 5 weeks til their born... can't wait

Yay photos! I will be sent pictures weekly, so I'll update when I can.

Whelp day:

2s7j7.jpg

One week old:

2n1gd47.jpg

(Any idea what those white spots are?)

Cat - Hi!! I remember talking to you ages ago about getting a puppy. Hamish looks gorgeous in your signature :rofl: Did you crate train him when he was young? I'm trying to figure out what size crate to get mine for. Internet sources say 36' Large or 42' X Large... it's quite confusing haha

belgian.blue & Tokkie - Awww :rofl:

borderfan & cornell - 11 days to go! :rolleyes:

dwilds - I bet you are excited! What breed will you be getting? :)

Edited by quickbrownfox

Yay photos! I will be sent pictures weekly, so I'll update when I can.

Whelp day:

2s7j7.jpg

One week old:

2n1gd47.jpg

(Any idea what those white spots are?)

Cat - Hi!! I remember talking to you ages ago about getting a puppy. Hamish looks gorgeous in your signature :rofl: Did you crate train him when he was young? I'm trying to figure out what size crate to get mine for. Internet sources say 36' Large or 42' X Large... it's quite confusing haha

belgian.blue & Tokkie - Awww :rofl:

borderfan & cornell - 11 days to go! :rolleyes:

dwilds - I bet you are excited! What breed will you be getting? :)

Hi quickbrownfox, the white dots are so the breeder can identify each puppy. Breeders will do this if the puppies all look the same, I use nail polish which is harmless. :D

I agree identification marks, some people use ribbons, others collars, other nail polish or white out. my puppy had a pink ribbon for a while then went to orange spots from nail polish lol

Hi quickbrownfox, the white dots are so the breeder can identify each puppy. Breeders will do this if the puppies all look the same, I use nail polish which is harmless. :eek:

I agree identification marks, some people use ribbons, others collars, other nail polish or white out. my puppy had a pink ribbon for a while then went to orange spots from nail polish lol

Thanks guys! :) I wasn't so sure because I've only seen ribbon used to identify pups, not whiteout. The more you know! :cry:

Can I be totally ignorant and ask if they will end up being the same colour as mum?? cause they all look so dark! How many different colour variations do they come in??

11 days!! Nearly single digits!! hahaha

Cat - Hi!! I remember talking to you ages ago about getting a puppy. Hamish looks gorgeous in your signature :) Did you crate train him when he was young? I'm trying to figure out what size crate to get mine for. Internet sources say 36' Large or 42' X Large... it's quite confusing haha

Great photos. I only crated Hamish at night and have a large Life Stages one. It is 42 x 28 x 32 http://www.bowhouse.com.au/p/453696/collap...uble-doors.html (considerably cheaper at Pet Barn/Pet Stock!) It came with a divider so you could move it along as the puppy gets bigger. Hamish is 2 now and still sleeps comfortably in it.

Borderfan, they get more tan as they get older with just the black saddle on their backs and neck. They are mostly just black and tan, but you can also get grizzle which a lot lighter http://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/profile.asp?dog=17833 (Ham's mom). I have seen some places online in the US that breed all black and all red Airedales, but I don't know how accepted that is.

Edited by Cat