Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Very easy night indeed. She slept in her crate on my bed and I only had to take her out twice. Both times she walked out, squatted and demanded to be picked up and taken back to bed! :laugh:

She is eating and drinking and doing all the other cuter stuff that puppies do!

I am very happy with her!

post-864-0-90701800-1351547659_thumb.jpg

She's something beyond a normal level of puppy cuteness Ellz. She's gorgeous! :thumbsup:

What a day!! I have definitely gotten the most affectionate out of the litter, it also seems the most dependant. She just wants to be snuggled next to me constantly. Puppy games are fine mum, as long as I can be up here on the couch with you!

I worry about how she'll go by herself today. I wish I didn't have to but I have no choice. She can also sing, and is living up to her name. We had a really good night though, she whimpered for a bit but went to sleep. No baying or howling like I was waiting for, and I didn't have to resettle her! So I'm glad for that! Made it to 5:30am for a toilet break! Yippee!

I'll just back for a pic!

Our puppy is 3 weeks old now and our breeder has confirmed that we have a choice out of the 2 black mask puppies :thumbsup: . This has been a very emotional litter for our breeder and we are ever so thankful that we are being entrusted with one of her precious babies. We can't wait! Seeing and reading about everyone's puppies and experiences are making the wait bearable ... kind of :) .

Thank you very much for the stories and please keep them coming :thumbsup:

Our puppy is 3 weeks old now and our breeder has confirmed that we have a choice out of the 2 black mask puppies :thumbsup: . This has been a very emotional litter for our breeder and we are ever so thankful that we are being entrusted with one of her precious babies. We can't wait! Seeing and reading about everyone's puppies and experiences are making the wait bearable ... kind of :) .

Thank you very much for the stories and please keep them coming :thumbsup:

My sentiments exactly! Our pup is 7 weeks today. He is flying to us next Thursday. It has been a very tough time for our beautiful breeder and we are so happy she has chosen us for one of her babies! I simply cannot wait to meet the little guy!

It does look a little bloodshot, but there is a shadow there. Otherwise she's such an adorable little bub! I love her expression :laugh:

Looks blood shot but it also looks that it may be a bit moist with a tear stain. As I said it may be just the way the photo is taken but thought it better to check.

It does look a little bloodshot, but there is a shadow there. Otherwise she's such an adorable little bub! I love her expression :laugh:

Looks blood shot but it also looks that it may be a bit moist with a tear stain. As I said it may be just the way the photo is taken but thought it better to check.

Good spotting! My husband is an optometrist and he thinks she has mild conjunctivitis but could be from the flight. We have wiped using a bit of saline solution and it seems to be a lot better today. If it gets any worse ill take her into the vet.

I ended up taking her home early because she just wanted to be held and I couldn't. She howled the store down :laugh: Thankfully we weren't busy and the boss loves dogs.

I have a few more pics in the photos section :D

Good spotting! My husband is an optometrist and he thinks she has mild conjunctivitis but could be from the flight. We have wiped using a bit of saline solution and it seems to be a lot better today. If it gets any worse ill take her into the vet.

I ended up taking her home early because she just wanted to be held and I couldn't. She howled the store down :laugh: Thankfully we weren't busy and the boss loves dogs.

I have a few more pics in the photos section :D

If I were you I would take her to the vet now and have her eyes checked Beagles get cherry eye and distichiasis - double eyelashes - could be a tear duct thing too - maybe nothing but better to have her cleared now. Do you have any photos of her before she came home? The stain under her eye takes longer than a day or two to show up.

Edited by Steve

My hubby had a more thougher look last night and commented on how white it all is now. So I'm not sure what it was. She has very dark rings under her eyes as coat colour. We go in to the vet tomorrow anyway for a general checkup so I will mention it then.

Don't have any more pics than the one I had unfortunately, she did get her second vac Saturday just gone, and a daresay the vet would've given her a check over then too.

My hubby had a more thougher look last night and commented on how white it all is now. So I'm not sure what it was. She has very dark rings under her eyes as coat colour. We go in to the vet tomorrow anyway for a general checkup so I will mention it then.

Don't have any more pics than the one I had unfortunately, she did get her second vac Saturday just gone, and a daresay the vet would've given her a check over then too.

That's good - Im sure that's all it was - Ive just been around beagles a long time so it rings some bells for me - you want to see black around her eyes and no sign of red.

Hi all I'm getting my Belgian Shepherd Groenendael sometime next week once my breeder has decided which puppy is mine :)

I think I have gone overboard with preparations though; I have crates, bowls and leads from the other dogs, I have also purchased collars in multiple sizes hitself.gif I bought a dog trailer so I can actually transport both my dogs at once because they won't both fit into my Hyundai Getz, (I also have a White Shepherd) there's a puppy pen on the way and the only thing I have left I have to buy (I think) is puppy food which I will get later this week until I change her over to a raw diet. I'm also going to be trying her on Animal Naturals Showstopper and see how we go.

I have a list of names and I think I will wait to decide once I meet her my current favourite is Raven. oh and its a girl :)