Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Another name in the ring, I've got it down to Luna and Melody and I'll decide when I meet her. (Melody Pond is Amelia Pond's daughter. I prefer Melody to Amelia)

Luna was on my list of girl dog names. One of my four legged family members has a three syllable name and I think I'll stick to one or two in the future, unless I was really fond of the shortened version of the name. I do like Pond too. Quirky and cool for the Dr Who reference! :D

I don't want Dr Who but Pond is so on my shortlist for the next animal I get, regardless of species!

Oh Llante, I'm so glad that you've found a pup!! I just visited this thread by chance - she's gorgeous!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'll be taking lots of pics when I get her home!! I'll have to put a whole thread in photos I think :D

I don't want Dr Who but Pond is so on my shortlist for the next animal I get, regardless of species!

It is quite unusual isn't it! But has a nice punchy sound to it. I think I'm going to wait until I bring her home. Boy names are easy for me, Hamlet, Loki, Bach, Strauss lol But girls names are trickier.

Hi All :)

I've owned dogs all my life, but at the age of 46, I've never actually ever had one as a puppy !

Both Renae and Joey are getting on in ages now 10 and 8, (thats getting on for a cavalier, well 10 is) and i've start getting serious about looking for my next Cavalier, which will definitely be a tri colour one. I've always wanted a tri ! :D

I am not fussed about which sex, but deep down I am favouring towards a girl (if that should become an option when the time comes). Ive always had 2 dogs at a time, and always one male and one female and they all been loving towards me.

Ive been in contact with a handful of breeders, but only one has been thoughtful enough to keep me updated a few times about where she is at with upcoming litters. (Too me that is a good sign)

So fingers crossed for me please... that a puppy is on the horizon for us ! :crossfingers:

Hope to participate in this thread at some stage. Its all very exciting isn't it !

Edited by Jules♥Cavs

Hi All :)

I've owned dogs all my life, but at the age of 46, I've never actually ever had one as a puppy !

Both Renae and Joey are getting on in ages now 10 and 8, (thats getting on for a cavalier, well 10 is) and i've start getting serious about looking for my next Cavalier, which will definitely be a tri colour one. I've always wanted a tri ! :D

I am not fussed about which sex, but deep down I am favouring towards a girl (if that should become an option when the time comes). Ive always had 2 dogs at a time, and always one male and one female and they all been loving towards me.

Ive been in contact with a handful of breeders, but only one has been thoughtful enough to keep me updated a few times about where she is at with upcoming litters. (Too me that is a good sign)

So fingers crossed for me please... that a puppy is on the horizon for us ! :crossfingers:

Hope to participate in this thread at some stage. Its all very exciting isn't it !

Hey there! Sounds like you are on the right track. I had a bit of trouble getting responses from breeders, was easier for meto email first and follow up call a day or so later (just to make sure they received it and to offer them the chance to ask questions). Some just never returned email or calls :(

I always knew I wanted a girl, to dote on with fun bows and collars. <3

Best of luck!!! :flower:

ONE MORE SLEEEEEEP!!! :thumbsup:

Oh exciting!!! I have 2 more sleeps!

Have you got everything bought and ready to go? I can't set mine up until after she is here as its a surprise and I don't want my kids not wanting to stay at grandmas because the new puppy is here. I get 2 nights alone with her before she meets the kidlets.

Have you got a name yet??

Have you got everything bought and ready to go? I can't set mine up until after she is here as its a surprise and I don't want my kids not wanting to stay at grandmas because the new puppy is here. I get 2 nights alone with her before she meets the kidlets.

Yep, this is my first of many new puppies so it's kind of "old hat" for me to get a new puppy.

Her name is Iris :)

Hey there! Sounds like you are on the right track. I had a bit of trouble getting responses from breeders, was easier for meto email first and follow up call a day or so later (just to make sure they received it and to offer them the chance to ask questions). Some just never returned email or calls :(

Thanks Llante :)

I'm kind of glad some of them haven't gotten back to me tbh because after some more research and feedback from people, I think perhaps it was good they have ignored me :)

Deep down thats why i would like a girl, so I can do the same as you re bows and pretty accessories, But if its a boy, then I'll be just as happy too.

I've never been able to have a human baby, so this will be extra special for me too :)

Yep, this is my first of many new puppies so it's kind of "old hat" for me to get a new puppy.

Her name is Iris :)

When do you pick her up today? Please share a pic ^__^

Thanks Llante :)

I'm kind of glad some of them haven't gotten back to me tbh because after some more research and feedback from people, I think perhaps it was good they have ignored me :)

Deep down thats why i would like a girl, so I can do the same as you re bows and pretty accessories, But if its a boy, then I'll be just as happy too.

I've never been able to have a human baby, so this will be extra special for me too :)

I recieved 3 emails last night from breeders in my area. :rofl: That's the way, already have one set up and then people start replying to my emails and calls. Oh well, guess she was the one for us as she was the only one available at the time.

Today is the day :dance: ! Now I have to wait until 3:30 and pray the plane is t late or that I don't hit major traffic! I've almost definitely decided on Melody, but I will talk to her and she can tell me what she likes.

I spent another $15 on doggy treats for training lol, and have 2 cleanrun orders with things just for her coming! I hope they hurry!!

Just have to get through the day now!!!

Elz how was the first night with little miss Iris?

Very easy night indeed. She slept in her crate on my bed and I only had to take her out twice. Both times she walked out, squatted and demanded to be picked up and taken back to bed! :laugh:

She is eating and drinking and doing all the other cuter stuff that puppies do!

I am very happy with her!

post-864-0-90701800-1351547659_thumb.jpg

Today is the day :dance: ! Now I have to wait until 3:30 and pray the plane is t late or that I don't hit major traffic! I've almost definitely decided on Melody, but I will talk to her and she can tell me what she likes.

I spent another $15 on doggy treats for training lol, and have 2 cleanrun orders with things just for her coming! I hope they hurry!!

Just have to get through the day now!!!

Elz how was the first night with little miss Iris?

oh wow, hope time flies fast for you today Llante !

I do like the name Melody, its very cute !:D

:welcome: Iris! <3 she is so cute!!!! I'm watching the in flight checker so far she is on time. Was fine when I woke up but as time goes i'm getting more nervous. Breeder called me to let me know she was on the flight, he seemed a bit sad. He will miss her, and said I will fall in love with her. I hope I do!

Very easy night indeed. She slept in her crate on my bed and I only had to take her out twice. Both times she walked out, squatted and demanded to be picked up and taken back to bed! :laugh:

Oh she is absolutely adorable! You must be so pleased :D

post-864-0-90701800-1351547659_thumb.jpg

awww how gorgeous :D :D xxxx