Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

He's not interested in anything but me! Not even treats. Wherever I put him, he climbs back onto me to go to sleep.

Because I'm in a lot of pain, I've had to lie down, so he's been sleeping under my armpit. He doesn't care about anything else lol

No idea how I'll get him to like the crate unless he starts wanting treats :p

I put him in and started feeding him his kibble as treats. He didn't jump out once. I then just put his bowl in and he ate it happily, not realising I had shut the gate.

When he realised the food was gone and the gate was closed he started whimpering. So I waited till he went quiet, praised him and opened the door. He's sleeping on me again.

I hope I'm doing this right...

Edited by Melina Bea

I put the night comforter (with heat pad and beating heart) next to him while he slept on my thigh. Then I had to go to the toilet, so I put them both in the crate, leaving the gate open (OH stayed in the room). I came back to this...

post-49145-0-85496700-1368953692_thumb.jpg

Hi Everyone, thought I would stop in and say Hi. I am waiting for an IG pup but will be waiting a while as neither breeder I have been talking with will have a litter for a while as they are waiting for girls to come into season. Thought I would jump on say Hi and enjoy my wait ( ok might go slightly stir crazy) with you guys.

Congrats to those that welcomed their new family members this weekend

What's an IG? Sorry I can never keep up with the shortening of breed names!

His name is Louis (pronounced like Louie), after king Louis XIV. He was the longest reigning king of France, and transformed life at the court of Versailles so that EVERYTHING REVOLVED AROUND HIM. I thought it was fitting :laugh:

Ahhh he's cute! You can join me in the "I have my puppy WTF am I doing" thread now! :laugh:

Good luck with the crate training if you keep at it. I keep looking at Tank napping in his throughout the day thinking I have a crazy dog.

He already likes his crate, keeps walking into it to nap or play with his toys. The only thing he likes more is me. Sometimes he sits there and whimpers, but the gate is wide open... I think he misses his sister, poor baby :cry:

Smash, I can't get tired of looking at Tank pictures! He is so sweet.

will graduate to the other thread tomorrow!

He already likes his crate, keeps walking into it to nap or play with his toys. The only thing he likes more is me. Sometimes he sits there and whimpers, but the gate is wide open... I think he misses his sister, poor baby :cry:

Smash, I can't get tired of looking at Tank pictures! He is so sweet.

will graduate to the other thread tomorrow!

That's great re the crate! :)

I've ind of turned the other puppy thread in to a running account of my experiences lol