Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

So found 2 litters and was rejected. Didn't want to frieght or didn't have any girls available as pets. There was a show quality one for more, but I don't know if its worth having such a beautiful smart girl as a pet. She would be better of in better hands.

So more waiting...

That sucks Llante, i think often it is a case of just doing your homework then ringing around the good breeders. I was lucky with mine that he was in Brisbane too so i could go visit him and his dogs and get a feel of the parents and how the pups are raised.

So found 2 litters and was rejected. Didn't want to frieght or didn't have any girls available as pets. There was a show quality one for more, but I don't know if its worth having such a beautiful smart girl as a pet. She would be better of in better hands.

So more waiting...

Don't rush! If this forum has taught you anything I hope it's taught you that waiting for the right pup and not rushing is really important!

Not rushing, just looking and I've emailed a few breeders sans litters. Went to a school orientation and worried how crazy life could be end of jan/feb. thinking more before Christmas would be better expecially as we have time off over the holidays. Sure Christmas Day and Boxing Day is full on, but around then might be better. I am trying so hard to be patient. And I appreciate all the advice and support. Been spending more time than usual with my big boy to ease my mind. He loves it.

Not rushing, just looking and I've emailed a few breeders sans litters. Went to a school orientation and worried how crazy life could be end of jan/feb. thinking more before Christmas would be better expecially as we have time off over the holidays. Sure Christmas Day and Boxing Day is full on, but around then might be better. I am trying so hard to be patient. And I appreciate all the advice and support. Been spending more time than usual with my big boy to ease my mind. He loves it.

Getting puppy around a hectic time isn't usually a grand idea, because when life goes back to "normal" you then need to re-train it to accept a new routine (ie: going back to work/school/etc and life isn't all parties and chrismas)

Patience is hard ... I am the queen of no patience and I waited over 2 years for my first pup because she needed to be the right one.

Guest donatella

So more waiting...

I wanted to visit the litter too and there are 2 Pom breeders in Brisbane, both are showers thankfully so their standards are excellent quality. When one had available pups I literally jumped at the opportunity to go and meet the breeder and her dogs.

Hi Everyone,

A month has flown by and we get to bring our golden girl home in the next few hours. I can hardly control my excitement :thumbsup:

PS:Its so good to read everybody's post and know you are not the only lunatic out there that pining for a dog :D this bad.

Hi Everyone,

A month has flown by and we get to bring our golden girl home in the next few hours. I can hardly control my excitement :thumbsup:

PS:Its so good to read everybody's post and know you are not the only lunatic out there that pining for a dog :D this bad.

Oh yay!!! I am excited for you!!!! Please share some pics of the precious princess!

There's heaps of reasons a 10 week old could be available.

New family changing their mind.

Big litter

Heaps of pups of that breed born at the same time.

Or maybe the breeder was running two bitches on and decided one wasn't going to turn out.

You can always find out more Llante, plenty of people have gotten older dogs and been fine

There's heaps of reasons a 10 week old could be available.

New family changing their mind.

Big litter

Heaps of pups of that breed born at the same time.

Or maybe the breeder was running two bitches on and decided one wasn't going to turn out.

You can always find out more Llante, plenty of people have gotten older dogs and been fine

I know that but it's a question for an inexperienced puppy buyer to ask, because it's uncommon when most registered breeders run on waiting lists.

I got Boston when he was nearly 3 months old (I was overseas for 8 weeks so his breeder kept him until I got back) and he was a billion times better adjusted than Max, who i got at 8 weeks. Extra time with siblings can be really good, so 10 or 11 weeks is often better than 8 weeks anyway!

10 weeks isn't too old is it?? It might be 11 weeks by the time we get her. It's still quite a good age to get them right???

Why is a 10 week old pup still available? Is it a registered breeder?

Yes he is, he said he was going to keep her as a show dog but had to choose between an older dog and her as he was already at max capacity. He also mentioned that he generally proffered to keep until their second vaccination shot has been done as he likes to make sure they are growing well and healthy. He was listed on dogz online and does shows and also judges. I had a really long and awesome conversation with him and he didn't mind a heap of questions. I really hope that all this information is still positive, because I have a good feeling about him, with no worries niggling at me, except the age thing. I just want to do everything right :D

Ok now I have a real problem!!! I've got pick of 2 girls! Both are affectionate, one slightly more so than the other. Ones show quality and one is pet quality. I was interested in doing shows, but I have no idea about them, the time or money needed for it. I will share a pic when I get downstairs on the pc.

Show quality - slightly less affectionate than the other.

Pet quality - very affectionate and smaller than average.

Ok now I have a real problem!!! I've got pick of 2 girls! Both are affectionate, one slightly more so than the other. Ones show quality and one is pet quality. I was interested in doing shows, but I have no idea about them, the time or money needed for it. I will share a pic when I get downstairs on the pc.

Go the pet girl. You can always get a show girl later down the track when you learn more about showing :)

Go the pet girl. You can always get a show girl later down the track when you learn more about showing :)

Part of me is going for the pet girl. Would the pet prove any different health wise seeing as she is smaller??

Can I share pics??

Ok, well, after some great input and family discussion, this is our new pup!!! Just have to get her sent up to us. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[eep i'll uncut this until my payment goes through]

Name pending...

This is the 2nd pup, pet quality and more affectionate.

Edited by Llante

Part of me is going for the pet girl. Would the pet prove any different health wise seeing as she is smaller??

Can I share pics??

At 10 weeks size doesn't mean much, they grow and change so much.

Unless you've put a deposit on her, or have permission from the breeder, it's generally not a good idea to post pics (just general etiquette because she belongs to someone else, as much as we'd love to see her!)