Help Thanks

Python

HI

im looking for a male kangal pup but there is none to find. I hoping you guys can help me find one :( I have tried breeders but no help even wrote overseas but no good information or they dont reply so they are not much help.

I just want a nice kangal and i dont know why it is so hard to find one and i cant get any help which is annoying also. Im just looking for a big male pup not long hair and with a black face.

my email is

[email protected]

thanks

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are Kangal puppies advertised here on DOL. Have you called the breeder?

Yes I write to them and then they reply and then I write back but I never herd from them again. but I dont really like much the look of some of there dogs and it was hard to get infomation about them.

Yes I write to them and then they reply and then I write back but I never herd from them again. but I dont really like much the look of some of there dogs and it was hard to get infomation about them.

Have you tried phoning them? Sometimes things can be misunderstood when using written communication.

Even if those dogs aren't to your fancy, if you ring them, they might be able to put you on to another breeder.

Have you tried phoning them? Sometimes things can be misunderstood when using written communication.

Even if those dogs aren't to your fancy, if you ring them, they might be able to put you on to another breeder.

I dont feel right ringing them if they dont respond to my emails anyway.

it shouldnt be that hard to find a nice pup as i have seen them about. the breeder of the pup dont breed anymore which is why i cant ask my friend and have to go to somene I dont know.

Maybe send a PM to Dol'er lilli, she is a wealth of information on both breeds.

WHats that? is there an email?

sorry

At the top right of your screen you'll find 'Members'. Click that, search for lilli - and make sure it's spelt right - then click

'send message'. She mostly I think has CAOs - a Russian livestock guardian breed - but also Kangals and Anatolians.

Good breeders of those breeds will be VERY fussy where they are placed, they are a true working dog and not for every situation, so don't expect one to be easy to get.

Send a Private Message to the member "lilli".

The Link to her profile is below to send a message.

LINK

Thanks yes I have spoken with the takas kennel and I cant afford how much they ask for a pup with breading papers its like 1500 more than a pup with pet papers. i can be a good owner go to the shows for the dog and join the clubs and all that but they ask to much.

Send a Private Message to the member "lilli".

The Link to her profile is below to send a message.

LINK

Thanks yes I have spoken with the takas kennel and I cant afford how much they ask for a pup with breading papers its like 1500 more than a pup with pet papers. i can be a good owner go to the shows for the dog and join the clubs and all that but they ask to much.

You get what you pay for, a lot of time and effort goes into importing, whelping & raising a litter...

If you are only after a pet puppy, purchase a pet puppy?

Thanks yes I have spoken with the takas kennel and I cant afford how much they ask for a pup with breading papers its like 1500 more than a pup with pet papers.

Are you looking for a pup to show?

No for a family dog and guard dog but if the breeder wants the dog to show then I can do that if they want. There are not many breeders or good dogs so maybe one day I would like to breed as well .

I don't understand - if you're not intending to show the dog, what's the problem with getting one on Limited Register a bit cheaper? There are not many breeders on DOL so, if you don't like their dogs, your other option would be import from overseas, but that A LOT more than buying a Main Register dog from an Australian breeder!

If there are not many 'good dogs'? that means if you breed you will have to import, very large expense, even breeding is hugely expensive.

I'm pretty sure that in Turkey the dog is named for the area, so Anatolian covers a huge area, including where Kangals are from. So Anatolian Shepherds can be 'Kangals'. Don't quote me on this as I have been out of showing for many years, and a LOT has changed. Lilli is definately the one to PM or message. She has a vast wealth of knowledge of livestock guardians and is a breeder with excellent dogs.

They are certainly a magnificent looking dog, I hope this is not the reason for your interest though as they are very special. :(

I think you will find any dog that is rare in Aust. will cost a lot, and pups on main are more for many reasons, hopefully one reason is to ensure only serious people are buying them, as well as they have to be excellent dogs to ensure the ongoing improvement of the breed etc. I no longer show and have limited reg. dogs. And I don't mind saying, still paid a very high price. Dogs are not a 'bargain' item.