Help Thanks

Python

I have a Flock Guardian from Lilli and she is great, but dogs need to match homes. Flock guardians are not suitable for many people and their situations. Before buying one RESEARCH, RESEARCH and then more RESEARCH

Thoroughly agree.

Also, if you are even thinking of breeding properly and with good dogs at a later date, are you registered with a prefix etc?? Do you know that you can't just 'breed' here?

nicGSDlover has explained well.

Have you tried to see is there are any older or rescue Kangals available? I'm sure it is rarely so, but the odd one may come up from time to time.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to say that no matter how nice your male may end up unless you are dedicated to the breed or are being mentored by your breeder then desexing it should be a priority. Mine was desexed at 6 months of age and he is a rare breed. Handling an undesexed male flock guardian would be very difficult, even mine that is desexed is a constant challenge - one that you have to be 200% dedicated too.

You guys dont listen and just make up lots of things! I said I cant afford to pay 2500, only 1000 to 1500 for a pup with breeding papers and from what I have found out most kangal and anatolian pups with breeding papers sell for around 1200 or 1500 MAX. and because of that you all make up things about how I dont want to pay for a pup and dont no anything. YES there are some nice kangal and anatolians and some not nice dogs any one can see that. I already said I dont wanna dis any breaders but then you all think its okay to dis me and make fun well i hope you enjoy your forum and stick to your own as thats clearly what most of you only like to do.

I think you've missed the point. It's not really about the money.

Well whats it about then? More made up stuff about how you think I dont no about kangals or how I write or if I have owned kangal before and no how to look aftar one or even how long I been waiting for a good dog and not buy from just any one?

I wouldnt get too upset python, this happens to most new people around this forum, even to regulars. Something about shreds and presumptions

Good, healthy and breeding papered Kangals/Anatolians are pretty rare. I've seen a few when I worked in areas that had a high turkish population but there were no papers, just backyard bred

If you can find one at the price you're asking, good luck :flame: If not, well I suppose either keep waiting or save up some more. You did choose a great breed :)

I think you've missed the point. It's not really about the money.

Well whats it about then? More made up stuff about how you think I dont no about kangals or how I write or if I have owned kangal before and no how to look aftar one or even how long I been waiting for a good dog and not buy from just any one?

If there aren't any "good" dogs available in your price range then you either have to compromise on the quality and take what you can get for the price or save up the money and purchase the "quality" dog that you are after.

However, having said that, you may also find that the outstanding puppies are going to be very limited and that others who are actively showing, breeding or have some connection to the breeder may take precedence over you.

Edited by SBT123

You guys dont listen and just make up lots of things! I said I cant afford to pay 2500, only 1000 to 1500 for a pup with breeding papers and from what I have found out most kangal and anatolian pups with breeding papers sell for around 1200 or 1500 MAX. and because of that you all make up things about how I dont want to pay for a pup and dont no anything. YES there are some nice kangal and anatolians and some not nice dogs any one can see that. I already said I dont wanna dis any breaders but then you all think its okay to dis me and make fun well i hope you enjoy your forum and stick to your own as thats clearly what most of you only like to do.

I can't speak for anyone else but I was not intending to make fun of you, but if you're saying you're aware of most of them selling with papers for $1200 - $1500 then why have you not purchased one of these dogs? If these dogs are not of what you consider a high enough quality, and you would prefer one of the dogs that is more expensive, then buy that one. If not, don't expect that you can post on a public forum hoping for someone to provide you with a pup of exceptional quality for the cost of a pet. And as opposed to cost I was more concerned about your intentions to be possibly breeding with a dog in the future, as i'm sure we'd all rather see breeding left to registered breeders, and you haven't mentioned that that's what you're intending.

If you're looking for the best possible dog, save for it, and if you're not wanting to purchase from great lines with papers, and you dont intend on becoming a registered breeder, then don't breed. And I would never mention the name of a breeder and then state that in your opinion they're charging too much - i've never bred dogs but have a freind going through her first whelping and establishing herself as a breeder, and I have the upmost respect for what she's doing - You cant put a price on a breeders blood sweat and tears and to say that a respected breeder is overcharging i find quite rude.

I am sincere in wishing you luck - this forum is very welcoming to those with the right intentions.

Edited by NicGSDlover

I wouldnt get too upset python, this happens to most new people around this forum, even to regulars. Something about shreds and presumptions

Good, healthy and breeding papered Kangals/Anatolians are pretty rare. I've seen a few when I worked in areas that had a high turkish population but there were no papers, just backyard bred

If you can find one at the price you're asking, good luck :flame: If not, well I suppose either keep waiting or save up some more. You did choose a great breed :)

yes exactly! Many of my friends have kangal but they dont have any papers. any way thanks for your help I will try calling breeders and not worry about emails.

I think what people are confused at is that you want a very specific, premium example of the breed - one of the best - and a rare breed at that, but don't want to pay the price that's requested.

You will either need to lower your expectations to buy a dog at the cheaper prices you have been quoted, or wait and save up some more to buy the best.

There's no need to get angry, people (majority who are experienced breeders themselves) are just trying to advise you it's highly unlikely you will get exactly what you want for only the price you are willing to pay - but you don't want to accept that.

If you feel people are having a shot at you and don't know you well enough, perhaps you could explain your previous experience and purpose for the dog - and they may be able to help you more, or explain better why the prices are what they are for what you want. Perhaps the breeders are not contacting you as they also, do not know your intentions or your previous experience with the breed. If they did understand this, they may be more inclined to contact you. I'm sure they get ALOT of queries from people who have no idea about the breed, just like the look of them or something, and only think they should have to pay a certain amount for them... so you can understand why they may not reply to every enquiry they get. Perhaps give them more details about yourself, why you want the dog and that particular breed, what you can provide the dog in terms of care, training etc, if you have had the breed before... (if you haven't already).

I'm not a breeder myself - but consider that if you mention that you intend to breed their dogs, they would be VERY particular about where their dogs are going. I doubt very much they would sell a dog to someone with the intent of possibly breeding without there being some experience or knowing the home well etc.

Edited by Kelly_Louise

have a good talk to breeders and see it from their point of view - they have spent much much more then you can imagine on their own dogs, health tested, raised etc so yes the dogs will be expensive. I would more worry about a breeding quality anatolian at $1000 then at $2000. Personally if you want to start breeding you are better off investing more into a fabulous quality dog, prove he's great and then work from there.

Wish you luck and let us know how you go.

ETA maybe some people need to be more understanding from people not originally from this country. OK So the OP cannot understand why the dogs are priced as such why make fun? Educate, and if they dont listen dust your hands of them. Simple. Some people on here seem to be just wanting to start poking fun and berating anyone like a flock of vultures.

Edited by Nekhbet

I can't speak for anyone else but I was not intending to make fun of you, but if you're saying you're aware of most of them selling with papers for $1200 - $1500 then why have you not purchased one of these dogs? If these dogs are not of what you consider a high enough quality, and you would prefer one of the dogs that is more expensive, then buy that one. If not, don't expect that you can post on a public forum hoping for someone to provide you with a pup of exceptional quality for the cost of a pet. And as opposed to cost I was more concerned about your intentions to be possibly breeding with a dog in the future, as i'm sure we'd all rather see breeding left to registered breeders, and you haven't mentioned that that's what you're intending.

If you're looking for the best possible dog, save for it, and if you're not wanting to purchase from great lines with papers, and you dont intend on becoming a registered breeder, then don't breed. And I would never mention the name of a breeder and then state that in your opinion they're charging too much - i've never bred dogs but have a freind going through her first whelping and establishing herself as a breeder, and I have the upmost respect for what she's doing - You cant put a price on a breeders blood sweat and tears and to say that a respected breeder is overcharging i find quite rude.

I am sincere in wishing you luck - this forum is very welcoming to those with the right intentions.

No I didn't mention the breeder someone else did and I said they had nice dogs just that I couldn't afford it and not only that that they were really nice because they were the only breeder to reply and suggest other beeders to contact! I never was rude and said the breeder overcharged. that breeder helped me find other breeders and sent me link to breeders at this webpage so that is how I found this forum so why would I want to say bad things about them and their dogs?

I also said that I would go to show and join all the clubs, this is why I say I think you just make things up.

I never purchased the dogs that cost less becauss as I said first I cant get hold of these breeders or they dont email or dont write back when I do. So that is why I ask if anyone knows of other breedres in case there are some other than on this webpage.

have a good talk to breeders and see it from their point of view - they have spent much much more then you can imagine on their own dogs, health tested, raised etc so yes the dogs will be expensive. I would more worry about a breeding quality anatolian at $1000 then at $2000. Personally if you want to start breeding you are better off investing more into a fabulous quality dog, prove he's great and then work from there.

Wish you luck and let us know how you go.

ETA maybe some people need to be more understanding from people not originally from this country. OK So the OP cannot understand why the dogs are priced as such why make fun? Educate, and if they dont listen dust your hands of them. Simple. Some people on here seem to be just wanting to start poking fun and berating anyone like a flock of vultures.

alriyht thanks :flame:

If I have misinterpreted you or your intentions I sincerely apologise, and as i've said - i do wish you luck. The way I read your posts led me to think that you didn't support the right of this breeder to charge what they felt appropriate, if this was not what you meant than i'm sorry if you feel i've been unfair.

i've been reading the thread and sitting back and from an outsiders point of view, I feel there is a language barier happening.

sometimes people whose second language is english dont express themselves the same as those who speak english as a first language. my father in law sometimes says things and we could take it offensively but one look at his face you just know he has not phrased it as we are used to or used the wrong terminology.

i dont think the OP intentions are bad, or that he is saying he wont pay for a quality dog.

i think there is a bit of confusion, just my opinion of course.

i've been reading the thread and sitting back and from an outsiders point of view, I feel there is a language barier happening.

sometimes people whose second language is english dont express themselves the same as those who speak english as a first language. my father in law sometimes says things and we could take it offensively but one look at his face you just know he has not phrased it as we are used to or used the wrong terminology.

i dont think the OP intentions are bad, or that he is saying he wont pay for a quality dog.

i think there is a bit of confusion, just my opinion of course.

Yes, I think the same as you bertandsally. It is hard sometimes to write things the way you'd like them to sound as if you're face to face with someone.

I have trouble sometimes and I'm English :rofl: I type something, read it back and think that doesn't sound right...then start all over again.

No I didn't mention the breeder someone else did and I said they had nice dogs just that I couldn't afford it and not only that that they were really nice because they were the only breeder to reply and suggest other beeders to contact! I never was rude and said the breeder overcharged. that breeder helped me find other breeders and sent me link to breeders at this webpage so that is how I found this forum so why would I want to say bad things about them and their dogs?

I also said that I would go to show and join all the clubs, this is why I say I think you just make things up.

I never purchased the dogs that cost less becauss as I said first I cant get hold of these breeders or they dont email or dont write back when I do. So that is why I ask if anyone knows of other breedres in case there are some other than on this webpage.

I really don't feel it's fair that you state on a public forum that the breeder 'overcharges' - according to whom? It's more that you don't wish to save and purchase the quality you want rather than the breeder charging too much.