Our Newest Baby Wombat

Norskgra

For those who haven't read breeders thread. After we moved to Adelaide, we had some of our dogs in boarding kennels. One of our males mated with Tyra who we have previously had troubled getting into whelp. I brought Tyra home to keep an eye on her and the vet said that she wasn't in whelp. One of our other girls came into season at the kennels so we swapped her with Tyra.

On 27th December, I received a phone call from the kennel owners to say that Tyra had just whelped 3 pups. I left work in a hurry and we went to pick up Tyra and her babies. Unfortunately, the one and only male had died. We brought home Tyra and her two girls. We lost one of the girls on 30th December but the surviving one was fine and has kept us occupied.

We are calling her Faith. She is a very bossy, determined and cocky little miss. She barks at Tyra until she comes over to feed her. She tries to tell us off if she is not getting her own way. She tries to steal Tyras food and eats her own food with gutso.

Here are some photos that were taken today and I have included a wombat one especially for Raz.

Faith16.jpg

Faith10.jpg

Faith9.jpg

Faith4-1.jpg

Edited by Norskgra

Absolutely beautiful Norskgra as per usual! :( Will she be staying, or sold to a pet home? Or perhaps it is too early to say yet?

Must say, Tyra is a bugger for having a smooth pregnancy and whelping this time round isn't she! :( Although I am sorry for the two little angels you lost :mad

Thank you.

Absolutely beautiful Norskgra as per usual! ;) Will she be staying, or sold to a pet home? Or perhaps it is too early to say yet?

Must say, Tyra is a bugger for having a smooth pregnancy and whelping this time round isn't she! :( Although I am sorry for the two little angels you lost :mad

Her sire is Gandor who actually comes from SA. Apparently he takes after his father and really likes the girls. :( It is too early to say definately but she has a lot of things going for her. We have received some great comments from breeders about her.

Yes, Tyra is a bugger. She did it all by herself this time around. Luckily the kennel owners are also breeders so one of them stayed with her the whole time until we got there.

If she stays, you will get to meet her at a DOL meet when she is older.

Edited by Norskgra

She is such a cutie...

Will be in Adelaide staying a few blocks away from you in a couple of weeks, might just have to go door knocking down your street. :(

It is a reasonable sized street. :mad You are welcome to meet her though.

I'm so glad you posted here. I read about Tyra's adventures and the lost of two of the babies, but of course when I went to respond, I couldn't. You must have gone on an absolute rollercoaster of emotions - I was sad enough :thumbsup: . But excited too that little Faith is presenting so well.

Thank you MM. Yes, we went through a real rollercoaster of emotions. I was in shock when the kennels rang me. I still had 2 1/2 hours of work left. I came up with an excuse and they found someone to cover the rest of my shift. I probably broke the speed limit getting to her. I am very thankful of the owners of the kennel for staying with Tyra. They are also judges. If we decide to keep Faith we won't be able to show her under them for a while though.

We didn't take our eyes off Faith for quite a while. If I was at work, my daughter was at home. Luckily, I only work 10 - 15 minutes from home.

She is coming along in leaps and bounds. She was slow to put on weight at first but look at her now. :) She is so bossy though!

Edited by Norskgra

She is very determined. Last night my daughter was feeding her while I was at work. Vicsta took Faith into the loungeroom so she was away from all the others. Faith decided she wanted t watch Neighbours on TV. Every time Vicsta's head got in the way, Faith would move so she could keep watching. The bowl had to be held in such a way that she could still watch TV while she was eating. Faith wouldn't take her eyes off the TV. When her mince was all gone, she barked at Vicsta and 'told her off'.

She is very determined. Last night my daughter was feeding her while I was at work. Vicsta took Faith into the loungeroom so she was away from all the others. Faith decided she wanted t watch Neighbours on TV. Every time Vicsta's head got in the way, Faith would move so she could keep watching. The bowl had to be held in such a way that she could still watch TV while she was eating. Faith wouldn't take her eyes off the TV. When her mince was all gone, she barked at Vicsta and 'told her off'.

What a little tart. :):grouphug:

Fat little womat puppy.. Does a bossy puppy make for a bossy dog, or does it not necessarily work out that way?

Kayann

Not necessarily. When she is older and starts playing with our other dogs, it will probably get knocked out of her. :D