February Photo Challenge

Ashanali

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huga - I love it!! very good interpretation of the word.

Here is mine for the day - BLUE

4329062907_22e503d71f.jpg

It's Pepe with the new tug toy that I braided for him, I have learned how to braid them from 4 strips of polar fleece, they look pretty cool and I am now making some for my agility club :(

Really great ideas guys. I'm just watching this month but will be back for March!

if you aren't going to participate then you can't look ;)

we miss your pics - pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

Aw shucks you make me blush! Thanks :o

I think I just needed a little break after a photo a day. I have to say those of you doing 365 project are very committed or just plain crazy :( Maybe i'll have a play later but I wont do them all.

If I say that then maybe you will let me take a peek :rofl:

nikivds - hey, nice fun blue shot!

huga - cool take on the stamp and really well done :(

~~~

okay, I figured it was about time I added something

totally unimaginative - BLUE sky - I love taking sky pics, they rarely make it anywhere online though

4329181667_e4fefbc94c.jpg

and an APPLE mac (ro) shot - a really bad pun, can't help myself it just came to me as I was typing the description: a macro shot of an apple :o:rofl:

I'm pretty sure most of it is out of focus, but I like it anyway :rofl:

4329182123_71d4d521cc.jpg

;)

First photo I can knock out blue, and lemon! :thumbsup: My dog's colour is classified as a lemon and white... She looks sad there, but she just doesn't like being stuck in my room with me. :) The other dogs are in the backyard with bones, toys, etc. :cheer:

Next is EEK! :cheer:

Third is my little man and a card. :laugh:

Fingers crossed it goes in order, if not I'm sure you'll understand what is what. :rofl:

post-28840-1265281491_thumb.jpg

post-28840-1265281567_thumb.jpg

post-28840-1265281760_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pointees

Could I make a request that there be no more spider shots for EEK? It is beginning to freak me out a little too much (plus I saw my first redbacks the other day!)

Another think outside the box today!

We went to Adelaide Super-Drome to watch the cycling, and the team event gives me my excuse for WIND. The team of 4 racers work together so that the lead racer does all the hard work, whilst the 3 behind him use the WIND he generates to slipstream, which is meant to provide you with 20% of your energy.

The South Australian team went on to win :thumbsup:

4329461575_8971186499_b.jpg

Could I make a request that there be no more spider shots for EEK? It is beginning to freak me out a little too much (plus I saw my first redbacks the other day!)

Another think outside the box today!

We went to Adelaide Super-Drome to watch the cycling, and the team event gives me my excuse for WIND. The team of 4 racers work together so that the lead racer does all the hard work, whilst the 3 behind him use the WIND he generates to slipstream, which is meant to provide you with 20% of your energy.

The South Australian team went on to win :thumbsup:

4329461575_8971186499_b.jpg

very nice composition! Lovely shot, and good idea for wind too

Too late, JS, I have already deleted them. They were all JPEG files but I have no idea what was wrong. Can only conclude that the settings I had on the camera were totally wrong. I could see them in thumbnails but could not enlarge them. They were fracturing all over the place.

Bit busy this week but will try again next week. Wish my pics were half as good as yours.

I have an Olympus Ultra Zoom SP5000Z. Its a great little camera though.

I've got the SP 550uz and I so hate it!! I never seem to be able to get what I want from It :(

Cool stomping Huga! I mean stamp :rolleyes:

CM like your apple shot

I know some shots come out brilliant and then other times I set it up and it doesn't come out the way I want.

I have a question regarding auto focus if anyone can help me please.

I obviously have that feature turned on as when I go to take a photo, I hold the button half way down first while it focuses, then I get the green dot, and take the shot. But this is a massive PITA when trying to take a fast shot of something happening quickly. Even when I stick it on Sports mode, I was trying to take shots of Mitch running towards me on the beach and it farts around focusing and then when it takes the shot, Mitch has run past me :love: ;)

If I switch to manual mode and set it up for fast action shots in bright light, it still does it.

How do I make it just take the picture when I press the button. Turn auto focus off?