Agility Nationals Perth 2010

Taylah its all good We'll both be there for 2012 and I found out last night QLD is hosting for the first time the nationals in 2014 so thats 2 nationals in a row for me lol...

Good luck to everyone!

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really wishing I could go to nationals! I wanna go sooo bad! maybe go in 2012.. thats such a long time away :'(

What stopped you going this year???

WA is too far away :thumbsup:

Taylah its all good We'll both be there for 2012 and I found out last night QLD is hosting for the first time the nationals in 2014 so thats 2 nationals in a row for me lol...

Good luck to everyone!

Omg so going to Brisbane!! hehe its great making plans 4 years in advance :rofl:

WA is too far away :rofl:

What a poor excuse - its a 3 hour plane trip - and have to say the dogs cope much better with it than we do :)

Airfares to Adelaide were $109 recently which is dirt cheap.

Have to say the first time you do it is the hardest from then on you realise how easy it is and you will never look back :thumbsup:

:rofl: we have done it twice and agree Adelaide/Perth is a no brainer. I just need to find something to come back to and a money tree in order to fund it :thumbsup: . If only the Nationals and been the end of the year I might have had a dog ready.

ETA. Failing that I have been trying to find a way to lure Ptolomy back to Adelaide for a trial but not sure she likes our company over here cos so far all attempts have failed miserably :) .

Edited by ness

I have to admit I would have thought Adelaide to Brisbane was further than Adelaide to Perth :) But then I have done Perth to Brisbane without an issue so I don't consider anywhere in Australia too far to go with the dogs :D

I have to admit I would have thought Adelaide to Brisbane was further than Adelaide to Perth :) But then I have done Perth to Brisbane without an issue so I don't consider anywhere in Australia too far to go with the dogs :D

Lol mirawee the difference is DSO can hop on a plane and know there is someone to pick her up at the other end *enter smisch* lol and theres some free accommodation.. :love:

does anyone think if i Started walking I'd make it over in time...

Not Long to go! and I expect DOLers to have videos and photos to share!

I have to admit I would have thought Adelaide to Brisbane was further than Adelaide to Perth :laugh: But then I have done Perth to Brisbane without an issue so I don't consider anywhere in Australia too far to go with the dogs :D

Lol mirawee the difference is DSO can hop on a plane and know there is someone to pick her up at the other end *enter smisch* lol and theres some free accommodation.. ;)

Haha, yeah exactly! :D ^^

I should hopefully be there on the friday along with my camera to try and get some shots of my friends dogs so if I recognize any DOLers dogs I'll try and get pictures

(never used my camera for something such as agility so we will see how we go)

Exciting! Were you at K9 last night DC?

I was envious of everyone training last night :) So wish I hadn't taken that break in agility with Ruby now, cos we might be competing at the Nationals had we stuck with it! Oh well, gave me a chance for her to grow up a touch and concentrate on obedience ;) Still bummed though :laugh:

Saw one of your runs when I got there last night Amy, very nice! :laugh:

Riverside Gardens in Bayswater is where I take the dogs to swim, it is probably the closest place to Maida Vale that isn't dirty water (usually). I live right near Maida Vale and find Riverside easiest to get to, it is off Milne ST but I don't know how to send a link.

I was envious of everyone training last night :clap: So wish I hadn't taken that break in agility with Ruby now, cos we might be competing at the Nationals had we stuck with it! Oh well, gave me a chance for her to grow up a touch and concentrate on obedience :clap: Still bummed though :laugh:

Eh? Which one, the first two courses were okay then he was a bit over it :)

Don't worry, when Ruby, Millie and Trixie are ready we can travel to a Nationals somewhere ;) ;) Okay maybe not Trixie, that will be too long :D

Riverside Gardens:

GOOGLE MAPS LINK

You can see Milne Street, head towards the river, veer left along the red road and park around there (near the shed where it says Leake St although there is no street there :laugh:

ETA: Changed the link to a better one, the green arrow is where the main dog beach part is.

Edited by amypie

I was envious of everyone training last night :clap: So wish I hadn't taken that break in agility with Ruby now, cos we might be competing at the Nationals had we stuck with it! Oh well, gave me a chance for her to grow up a touch and concentrate on obedience :rofl: Still bummed though :)

Eh? Which one, the first two courses were okay then he was a bit over it ;)

Don't worry, when Ruby, Millie and Trixie are ready we can travel to a Nationals somewhere :clap: :D Okay maybe not Trixie, that will be too long ;)

And not Millie, so just Ruby and Kyzer :laugh:

Um it was in the first right near the carpark, with the tunnel wrapped around the aframe.

We arrived in Perth yesterday afternoon, having a relaxing day today to recover :laugh: Nothing like squeezing 7 dogs into a station wagon for 6 days :laugh:

Where are some good places to swim the dogs that are close to Maida Vale?

Fishmarket reserve in Guildford is good :) .