Baby Elephant

Evolving

Oh My Word

wonderful photos!!

that third one- with the adults' trunks making a protective frame around her............. absolutely gorgeous :thumbsup:

Thank you so much for sharing! :laugh:

I thought of making that photo the one for love but did not know if it showed it fully. I do love the photo though.

thanks for sharing, loooove elephants. what lens did u use? Thinking of paying the elephants a visit with the kids.

It is the kit lens 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS. I really have little Idea about what I am doing with it but am learning. I think I may need ot go back to the zoo more often before I go to work. (I may have a sligh obsession with taking photos of animals).

I've come back for yet another look. I love the one of her sitting in the water and you can see the white of her eye.

That photo is the next one after she face planted in the water. I think she was learning not to enter the water that way.

Edited by Evolving

awsome shots evolving!!

i work voluntarily at the zoo in the education dept. and i got to see her at 3 days old at a special staff viewing!!

very prescious little ( :)) thing and everyone at zoo is very happy baby was a girl as that means she can stay

and become a part of the breeding program.

• 3 months later...