What Do You Do While On Whelp Watch?

Missymoo

Hope all goes well Missymoo with the whelping. I normally sit and watch some TV, read, surf on the net, have a few cat naps. I don't think they like to start whelping until your eyes are crossing from the fatigue of sitting up a couple of nights :rofl::rofl:

Last night me and girlfriend settled down to sleep in the spare room (both on the bed) where the whelping box is set up, after 3 hours of listening to her huff, having her punch me in the head several times, having to continually be patting some part of her body, having her straddle me for pats, poke me in the eye and try and push me out of the bed I got up and went to my bed and let her sleep in the bathroom where she chooses to sleep everynight :rofl:

She's lucky I love her so much :rofl:

I bought 2 new books on Wednesday to take my mind off things.

I lay on the lounge and try to sleep. I put some newpaper in and my girls are always noisy and pretty frantic nesters, so that wakes me up if there's any action.

I watch a lot of pay TV waiting for babies and in the first couple of weeks after they are born

ETA we invested in the couch of all couches and it is comfortable enough to sleep on for a couple of weeks. :rofl:

Edited by SBT123

Last night me and girlfriend settled down to sleep in the spare room (both on the bed) where the whelping box is set up, after 3 hours of listening to her huff, having her punch me in the head several times, having to continually be patting some part of her body, having her straddle me for pats, poke me in the eye and try and push me out of the bed I got up and went to my bed and let her sleep in the bathroom where she chooses to sleep everynight :D

She's lucky I love her so much :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :rofl::eek::mad :mad Had my mind on fire there for a while

When I was helping Fanuilos 3 weeks ago I lay on the futon in a couch state for a few naps. Arawyn had the TV on in the next room so I could watch that.

At home I have them in bed with me until ready then to the whelping box.

Sit aimless watch CSI, Law and Order.etc. Drinks tea.

I slept on a camp stretcher in the spare room, next to the whelping box but Ziva slept on it with me anyway :D But while not sleeping I messed around online, watched DVDs on the laptop. Attempted to study and work on some assignments :laugh: God bless overseas friends & MSN LOL.

Last night me and girlfriend settled down to sleep in the spare room (both on the bed) where the whelping box is set up, after 3 hours of listening to her huff, having her punch me in the head several times, having to continually be patting some part of her body, having her straddle me for pats, poke me in the eye and try and push me out of the bed I got up and went to my bed and let her sleep in the bathroom where she chooses to sleep everynight :o

She's lucky I love her so much :vomit:

:rofl: ;) :rofl::o ;) :eek: Had my mind on fire there for a while

Dito and i wondered why your girlfriend prefers to sleep in the bathroom! :rofl: :rofl: :eek:

Laptop is near by and internet hooked up so I can webcam to those wanting to watch...play games if I have to and listen to music etc. I used to have a futon by the whelping box so wasn't too terrible bad really....now that I"m here..have no idea what or how I'll be doing this....(we have a slight disagreement as to whelping arrangements for GP's compared to GSD's!)

I lay on the lounge and try to sleep. I put some newpaper in and my girls are always noisy and pretty frantic nesters, so that wakes me up if there's any action.

I watch a lot of pay TV waiting for babies and in the first couple of weeks after they are born

ETA we invested in the couch of all couches and it is comfortable enough to sleep on for a couple of weeks. :o

Pay TV is a lifesaver! I have now graduated back to my bed. Pups are two weeks old. Mama likes to sleep with me. She wakes me so I help her in the box with the babies and there she lays for a few hours feeding and cleaning. Then comes back to bed until morning. Getting more sleep (me) now :rofl: I can hear the pups in the box from my bedroom as they are just off our room. Lap top has been a god send as well :vomit:

Perri has been a great first time mum. She is pretty laid back with the babies. Not overly fussy and cares less about the passing parade of other Danes and Shelties that come to take a peek at the kids. My two skin kids have been wonderful this time around as well. They are old enough to help out and my eldest helped with the whelping of the babies. She really enjoyed it. It is 4. 30 here in QLD so you can see I am on puppy watch LOL. Changed all the bedding for the pups and they have had a good feed. Time for me to crawl back to bed!