Training Talk Thread

Tiggy

Hey Everyone!!

Well, because i'm on holidays, i've finally done up a video of me and Lottie doing some obedience - we're VERY new to all this (Lottie is my first dog - I didn't even know obedience/agility/dog sports even existed before I had Lottie), and she's still young - just turned 9 months, so be a little gentle on us.... But I always love getting tips/help/comments on ways to improve our training!!! A few things in these clips - my lines aren't straight, some are meant to be like that - kinda getting back into camera shot - and her recall isn't very straight, so we've been working on this.... :) and lots more... but here's a start.....

Oh and I hope the music isn't too annoying.... I was bored... :grouphug: If it is, i won't put it on any future ones!!! hehehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bupt2cWkmqo

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awww I love Lottie, she's so lovely :grouphug: How is her back end awareness going?

Will you be back at training on Monday night, Beth?

Yep I shall be there :) Her hind end awareness is going really well - but with these exams I've been a little slack, but now she's straight back into it!! Can't wait till Monday night - I really need to do some more training!!! I've been out watching the agility states this weekend, so haven't done too much training today, or probably tomorrow....

Thanks for the comments on coats - I take it you need to check with the judge if you only want your dog to wear one for the stays?

I am talking Victoria cold here - low of 2C and a high of 12C, take a few extra degrees off that for wind chill. So people are welcome to laugh at the "Lab" with a coat on. Her comfort is far more important :)

I agree, if you want her to wear one, do it! I put one on Ruby when I went away for a camping weekend with retrieving folk and didn't care she was the only one with her jacket on :) I even had her bed at the campfire to lay on, that one got a few giggles :grouphug:

Yep I shall be there ;) Her hind end awareness is going really well - but with these exams I've been a little slack, but now she's straight back into it!! Can't wait till Monday night - I really need to do some more training!!! I've been out watching the agility states this weekend, so haven't done too much training today, or probably tomorrow....

I've been terribly lazy too, which is very naughty considering we have two obedience trials this coming weekend :)

But I'm in the midst of moving house so that's my excuse :grouphug:

Can't wait to catch up on Monday night :birthday: I will try not to be bossy :)

Watching your vid, is there a reason you get her to sit up from her down?

I didn't ask her to drop... :grouphug: she did it twice in a row, but her healing was just so nice before that I wanted to add it!!! hehehe

Oh, and is the metro trial on the sat or the sun??? I keep hearing Sat the 4th - but Sunday is the 4th and now i'm soooo confused!!!

I'll watch your video soon, LuvLottie! :birthday:

huski, or anybody else who knows, what is this?

2011 State & National Obedience Trials

Featuring The Inaugural Interstate Obedience Challenge

June 25th & 26th 2011

No idea :birthday: Sounds interesting though! :grouphug:

Lottie's gorgeous :) . I see you've picked up huski's hands in the middle position :birthday: .

I'm a bad influence ;) :)

I think she was meant to sit :grouphug:

Yep, exactly!!!!! But her healing was just so nice - and I kinda wish I had asked her because the drop was nice as well, hehehe

I didn't ask her to drop... :) she did it twice in a row, but her healing was just so nice before that I wanted to add it!!! hehehe

:grouphug: That's what I get when I watch utube and Macguyver at the same time ;)

Oh, and is the metro trial on the sat or the sun??? I keep hearing Sat the 4th - but Sunday is the 4th and now i'm soooo confused!!!

No it's definitely Sunday :)

I'll watch your video soon, LuvLottie! ;)

June 25th & 26th 2011

No idea :) Sounds interesting though! :grouphug:

Looks like a teams event! I know who will be in the WA team..!! and no, it's not me :)

RULES FOR THE CONDUCT OF AN

INTERSTATE OBEDIENCE CHALLENGE

AT NATIONAL OBEDIENCE TRIALS

1) The competition will be a Teams event.

2) The current, at the time of the event, Rules for the Conduct of Obedience Trials are to be applied.

3) The Challenge will be conducted in three Classes. Those Classes are Utility Dog Excellent (UDX) Utility Dog (UD) and Companion Dog Excellent (CDX).

4) A State Representative Team may be entered in an individual Class or in the Classes as chosen. It is not mandatory for a State to enter a Team in each of the eligible Classes.

5) Each Team is to consist of three dogs or bitches with separate Handlers.

6) The same Teams and/or individual Dogs or Handlers cannot compete in more than one Class.

7) Placings will be allocated and identified by the aggregate of the points scored by the Dogs and Handlers in each Team. Highest Aggregate First Placing etc. Where the aggregate scores between teams are tied then the general Rules for count-back will be applied

8) As it is not mandatory for a State to enter a Team in each Class the State represented by the winning team (highest aggregate) will be that Class Challenge Winner,

Lottie is looking good! Nice and attentive heelwork :grouphug: And such a pretty girl to boot :)

And she's sooooooo fun to handle! Especially for such a young dog!

Not that I want an Aussie or anything.

:)

Sure you don't :)

They're cute and all... but not my cuppa tea :grouphug:

If I didn't have beagles I'm not sure what I'd get... I would love to have a dog that's a breed that is more naturally inclined to work with you, just to know what it's like. I have a soft spot for breeds like GSDs and Dobies, but after meeting Ptolomy and Scoota, I quite like Tollers too!

Edited by huski

No it's definitely Sunday :grouphug:

Oh thats good - cause I got the Sunday off work!!! And thanks for the lovely comments - she's such a good girl, and she's really kinda switched on the last month or so (With the help of some great people and new training methods :) ).

Can't wait until we're ready to compete, I think it'll be lots of fun!!!!

Oh thats good - cause I got the Sunday off work!!! And thanks for the lovely comments - she's such a good girl, and she's really kinda switched on the last month or so (With the help of some great people and new training methods :) ).

You guys are going great guns and have improved so much already! :)

Can't wait until we're ready to compete, I think it'll be lots of fun!!!!

Yeah, fun... in other words, bloody terrifying :grouphug:

I'll watch your video soon, LuvLottie! ;)

June 25th & 26th 2011

No idea :) Sounds interesting though! :grouphug:

Looks like a teams event! I know who will be in the WA team..!! and no, it's not me :)

RULES FOR THE CONDUCT OF AN

INTERSTATE OBEDIENCE CHALLENGE

AT NATIONAL OBEDIENCE TRIALS

1) The competition will be a Teams event.

2) The current, at the time of the event, Rules for the Conduct of Obedience Trials are to be applied.

3) The Challenge will be conducted in three Classes. Those Classes are Utility Dog Excellent (UDX) Utility Dog (UD) and Companion Dog Excellent (CDX).

4) A State Representative Team may be entered in an individual Class or in the Classes as chosen. It is not mandatory for a State to enter a Team in each of the eligible Classes.

5) Each Team is to consist of three dogs or bitches with separate Handlers.

6) The same Teams and/or individual Dogs or Handlers cannot compete in more than one Class.

7) Placings will be allocated and identified by the aggregate of the points scored by the Dogs and Handlers in each Team. Highest Aggregate First Placing etc. Where the aggregate scores between teams are tied then the general Rules for count-back will be applied

8) As it is not mandatory for a State to enter a Team in each Class the State represented by the winning team (highest aggregate) will be that Class Challenge Winner,

How fun would that be. So the WA team would be bedazzled, Ptolomy and ?