K9 Forces Website

Noooo sas the store is a bad idea - I am doing really well at resisting the temptation so far but not sure how long I will hold out :) .

Oh and huski - so thats the secret you do fall over you just don't show the world :o .

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o huski - I do watch some of the TID videos you guys have all posted and wonder how you manage to stay upright because I seriously am not sure I could manage to :love: .

My family have seen my TID videos and they now call me "the crazy lady" :cry: !!!

I'm going to wait (probably this time next year :) ) for a decent one before I share :rofl: .

Since your lurking in this thread Steve and I am not wanting to start an argumentative drive thread again since we have had a few of those I have just been reading your understanding drives article (on the website - to make it relevant) and I am seriously confused - you have prey drive and play drive listed separately. The 64 million dollar loaded question is what the hell is the difference :) .

Great looking site :)

Very easy to navigate, and yes damn you for adding a shop!

(keeps chanting to self) I have no money, I have no money................. Mmmmn maybe just a new long line....

K9: Thanks L, I have about 8 long lines that I have been using for a few years now, at workshops etc, the standard grade many people have seen me with them.

The premiums kept calling me from the shelf and begging for me to use one of those, so now I have 9 lines to use, when at most times I just need one.

The premiums are a nice line lol.

SK: Well I do want new tugs - But first I need you to get back to me with some suggestions lol.

There is something else that I actually need though and have been wanting to buy for a while so I'm gonna have to place an order soon anyway :o

Hmmm, pity you aren't selling handling skills and co-ordination though :birthday: . I could certainly use some of those at the moment :)

K9: Well I will be selling handling skills at the workshop, lol. People can still email me if they arent sure of what they need, I can help you choose SK...

Lovely to seeing you beaming away there Steve!!! Great site, easily negotiated!! Well done!! :)

K9: Beaming? Me lol...

N: Since your lurking in this thread Steve and I am not wanting to start an argumentative drive thread again since we have had a few of those I have just been reading your understanding drives article (on the website - to make it relevant) and I am seriously confused - you have prey drive and play drive listed separately. The 64 million dollar loaded question is what the hell is the difference :birthday: .

K9: These terms are really just relevant to me and the way I think about drives and training, many people say that play drive and prey drive are the same thing, but to me they are slightly different in an untrained dog and hugley different in a trained dog.

Many people who have had a Boxer for example will ahgve experienced very high what I call, play drive, a desire to play without focus.

When you say a Lab chase a ball for example, it looks very different from a Boxer wanting to play with a ball. There is no reason why one could not use play drive to get results, it always though seems to lack the focus needed to drive the dog in a direction.

SK: Hey Steve, since you're in here - you're email address isn't changing is it??

Just checking :o

K9: We still own the name K9 Force so the emails dont have to change, anything sent to anything @ k9force.net will be redirected so no concerns right now, but new address is [email protected], and yes I have your email lol, getting to it.

SK: Well I do want new tugs - But first I need you to get back to me with some suggestions lol.

There is something else that I actually need though and have been wanting to buy for a while so I'm gonna have to place an order soon anyway :)

Hmmm, pity you aren't selling handling skills and co-ordination though :laugh: . I could certainly use some of those at the moment :o

K9: Well I will be selling handling skills at the workshop, lol. People can still email me if they arent sure of what they need, I can help you choose SK...

Lol, I emailed you last night at the old address ...and just then at the new one :cheer:

Can't wait for the SA workshop. I will be first in line for the 'handling skills' too :)

K9: We still own the name K9 Force so the emails dont have to change, anything sent to anything @ k9force.net will be redirected so no concerns right now, but new address is [email protected], and yes I have your email lol, getting to it.

ETA: :birthday: He he, I saw the new address on your site and re-forwarded it to that one too.

Edited by SecretKei

There is something else that I actually need though and have been wanting to buy for a while so I'm gonna have to place an order soon anyway :laugh:

Hmmm, pity you aren't selling handling skills and co-ordination though :cheer: . I could certainly use some of those at the moment :birthday:

K9: Good I will be calling you up!

Lol, I emailed you last night at the old address ...and just then at the new one :o

Can't wait for the SA workshop. I will be first in line for the 'handling skills' too :)

Just a friendly suggestion, but maybe it should stipulate somewhere exactly what accreditations Steve Courtney has? Personally, I care more about methods than qualifications, but if someone is advertising they have qualifications the first thing I want to know is what they are and who they came from. It usually says at least a little bit about what kind of methods and approaches to expect, and something about how far the trainer/behaviourist has gone to get training themselves. I have used that kind of thing to decide who's worth calling.

The site looks good!! :birthday: Looks a tad less intimidating with the less bold colour scheme,and the name change :)

Lots of things to look at ,too :o

And it works in browsers other an IE!!! That used to be a major gripe of mine with the old website when blocks of colour covered text/pictures because Firefox or another brower I was using displayed things differently!! :cheer:

K9: These terms are really just relevant to me and the way I think about drives and training....

Thanks for that clarification - the two examples you provided highlighted the difference pretty clearly.

Edited by ness

Just a friendly suggestion, but maybe it should stipulate somewhere exactly what accreditations Steve Courtney has? Personally, I care more about methods than qualifications,

K9: Well that is funny because the website describes methods all through it but all you seem to care about is qualifications?

but if someone is advertising they have qualifications the first thing I want to know is what they are and who they came from.

K9: If you had any intentions of booking a consult those would be made available to you, but as you dont, they really are of no concern to you.

It usually says at least a little bit about what kind of methods and approaches to expect, and something about how far the trainer/behaviourist has gone to get training themselves. I have used that kind of thing to decide who's worth calling.

K9: The testimonials are written by actual clients, some of them are on here so you can see that they are real, they describe the methods and results, these genuine comments unsolicited or guided by us are more important that me telling you when I got my first dog.

Any time I start a workshop there is usually a run down on my history, maybe come to one and you will hear it.

If you think that reading my website isnt enough to get you to call, thats fine with me.

Anyone who walks into my consult room is faced with my qualifications for all to see.

Edited by K9Pro

Great Site Steve! Will spend more time looking through it

I am one of Steve's happy customers! I don't care whether he has 1000 degrees, all I know is that his methods work wonders, with me it's to the extent that I have added another dog to my family and that I foster every now and again, all things that I couldn't have done before. In fact you can read about my testimonial in the website - I laughed when I saw it but vouch still for every word that I said except I never did train Onsy for obedience :) lack of time and not willing to get up at the crack of dawn for obedience training on sundays :birthday: .

http://www.k9pro.com.au/pages.php?pageid=126

is my testimonial. It would have been 3 1/2 years ago I saw Steve but I still practice what I learnt and most importantly I am leader of the pack here and everyone knows it :o

all the very best Steve!

Ok well can I buy one Queensland handlers workshop please :cheer: Might need more than one to fix my lack of coordination though :)

And it works in browsers other an IE!!! That used to be a major gripe of mine with the old website when blocks of colour covered text/pictures because Firefox or another brower I was using displayed things differently!! :o

+1

I use FF and the old site never worked well on it :birthday: New site is fantastic!

Edited by huski