Poor Dog :(

MavericksMission

We took Maverick down to the beach this evening for a little paddle.

He has just learnt that he can swim and he is very proud of himself!

While Maverick was having his little paddle, running in and out of the shallow water..

(We keep Maverick on a lead or a long piece of rope, as he is still learning recall)

A couple of meters up the beach there was this couple with their two dogs, a little JRT and a Collie.

The JRT was loving the water, having a great time.. the Collie not so sure. He was very, very hesitant to go into the water.

Then the owners decided that they would drag him in! He was yelping and trying to pull back on the lead, but they just kept pulling!

He was clearly distressed and did not want to going into the water.

Not only were they dragging him in, when he was yelping and pulling back on the lead they were yelling at him and it looked like they wanted to hit him, but they looked around and saw all the other people around watching them!

If this was his first time at the beach, it is not a great start because now he is going associate the beach as a bad place where he feels uncomfortable.

Poor dog. Some people make me so upset! :laugh:

Sorry, just had to vent..

Poor baby. :eek:

I took one of my dogs to the beach for the first time in his 3 years of being on this earth... He happily went into the water. :laugh: I had to follow him in.. Which I found amazing, as he hates water at home, hates the rain, and HATES baths. :)

I hate hearing stories like this. Just glad I didn't see it - I probably would have started yelling at them......

I have a dog who wont go in the water - he's terrified of it - but all we do is lead him as close as he'll go without freaking out then we all get in the water (we have a long lead for him too) and show him how great it is. It's going to take a long time to break through his 8 years of "stuff" and get him in but so far we've got him to wet his feet at the edge and that's progress as far as I'm concerned.

What those morons are doing will just make it worse.

We took Maverick down to the beach this evening for a little paddle.

He has just learnt that he can swim and he is very proud of himself!

While Maverick was having his little paddle, running in and out of the shallow water..

(We keep Maverick on a lead or a long piece of rope, as he is still learning recall)

A couple of meters up the beach there was this couple with their two dogs, a little JRT and a Collie.

The JRT was loving the water, having a great time.. the Collie not so sure. He was very, very hesitant to go into the water.

Then the owners decided that they would drag him in! He was yelping and trying to pull back on the lead, but they just kept pulling!

He was clearly distressed and did not want to going into the water.

Not only were they dragging him in, when he was yelping and pulling back on the lead they were yelling at him and it looked like they wanted to hit him, but they looked around and saw all the other people around watching them!

If this was his first time at the beach, it is not a great start because now he is going associate the beach as a bad place where he feels uncomfortable.

Poor dog. Some people make me so upset! :laugh:

Sorry, just had to vent..

morons, people do thid kinda thing to kids too, morons