Can You Please Copy And Paste The News Article In The Opening Thread.

SwaY

I get very bored with seeing the first post repeated every page, especially when it's a long story. I would prefer it if just the link is posted in the first post. Maybe put the story text in the second post, so it won't be repeated over and over . . . I think we may be violating some sort of copyright when we post long sections of text.

Edited by sandgrubber

I get very bored with seeing the first post repeated every page, especially when it's a long story. I would prefer it if just the link is posted in the first post. Maybe put the story text in the second post, so it won't be repeated over and over . . . I think we may be violating some sort of copyright when we post long sections of text.

I'm pretty sure that's a setting you have. I had the first post repeated every page a while back suddenly (I'd never had it before), and I wondered about it, and someone told me it was a setting, and how to change it, so I did. I don't get the repeats any more. I'm trying to remember what I did to change it back but haven't figured it out yet ... I imagine that a post in the help forum would get a response.

I get very bored with seeing the first post repeated every page, especially when it's a long story. .

I'm pretty sure that's a setting you have.

Yes that is a setting issue.

More information please. I posted a 'help' topic but no one seems to be replying. I've reviewed all the settings I can find in my user areas and drawn a blank.

I get very bored with seeing the first post repeated every page, especially when it's a long story. .

I'm pretty sure that's a setting you have.

Yes that is a setting issue.

More information please. I posted a 'help' topic but no one seems to be replying. I've reviewed all the settings I can find in my user areas and drawn a blank.

On top of the first post in the blue box there is a light blue box on the right that is called options.

Click on it and near the bottom their is an area called display modes click on standard and it shoud go to a normal layout.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

yes but cutting and pasting the whole article is illegal (breach of copyright) and pisses off Rupert Murdoch.

Consider cut and paste the first para and then put a link. Then we can use that to google where the article went. And put the date and the name of the paper it was published in.

Though I do admit some sites, the articles get archived.