Puppy Farm Raid Kingaroy (will Transport To Brisbane/se)

Hi guys - I have also posted this in Rescue

My sister lives in Nanago, and there has been another god damn puppy farm raid in Kingaroy.

According to my sister it was one of the worst Puppy Farm raids. She's been speaking to the RSPCA about it as it was in Wondai. They rescued 259 dogs, most of the bitches were pregnant so there are now approximately 500 dogs in total looking for either permanent placements or long term foster care as the case is going to court.

This is the message I got so far.....puppy farm victims seeking homes!! 1x12 month female border collie . 10 x 10 month male & female border collies. Phone Lisa 0400 913 406 currently in Kingaroy but help available for transport to Brisbane/SE pics coming soon !

If anyone can help please contact the above number.

Thanks.

Just check, but as they are the subject of a court case they probably cannot be fostered outside of QLD (that was the case with the Waterford poodles) - couldn't come just over the border to northern NSW even though they were desperate for carers.

:eek::eek: How do they get away with it for so bloody long? :(:(

Funnily enough in our paper recently there have been some very odd crosses and I've wondered WTF??

Botders crossed with all sorts of things including cresteds!! powder puffs, pugs :D etc on and on and on.

Sick. :) ;)

Was this another raid on the pf which was raided a month or two ago, when labs, spaniels etc were seized by Biosecurity and RSPCA?

Or a different one?

wouldn't think so Jed, the numbers are higher than what that PF had and though it was actually back in mid september of last year that that raid happened, I would think it highly unlikely they had managed to get a hold of even more dogs than they had previously while involved in the ongoing court case, at least I bloody hope not! Don't think there were any BC's in that PF either - mostly labs, beagles and smaller companion breeds like cavaliers etc. or crosses.

In reguards to that case though - can I just say the respective breed clubs/people/recues were fantastic with helping get the dogs into foster care and I hope the offers of help and level of working together that happened will occur again.

For those that think it might be a bit difficult to have a dog from this situation in their care - they do match you and your dogs with your foster/fosters and not all dogs will have extreme or difficult to manage issues and many of the dogs will be puppies. The RSPCA Fairfield is fortunate to have trained behaviourists on staff who evaluate each dog and provide very clear information on the specific training needs of individuals as well as general information on ex-puppy farm dogs and general basic training.

I have an RSPCA foster here and it's been a true joy.

While these cases do mean a minimum 6 months in foster care, you do have the option of returning a foster at any point if it isn't working out, and for those who worry about becoming attached you can opt to foster for a shorter period of time and perhaps foster a different dog or dogs every few weeks.

ETA - if you are unable to foster you might be able to help by vollunteering to check properties of prospective foster carers, simple form to fill out and it means animals can get into foster homes much faster if there are more people to do fence/property checks! You just need your own transport and some time available.

Edited by Kissindra

Kissindra

wouldn't think so Jed, the numbers are higher than what that PF had and though it was actually back in mid september of last year that that raid happened, I would think it highly unlikely they had managed to get a hold of even more dogs than they had previously while involved in the ongoing court case, at least I bloody hope not! Don't think there were any BC's in that PF either - mostly labs, beagles and smaller companion breeds like cavaliers etc. or

Don't know whether the pf raided in September (how time flies) had BC, but they certainly had more dogs than the RSPCA seized. Have no idea whether there were BCs or not. There are still plenty remaining.

There's been nothing reported locally about another Puppy farm seizure, wondering if this isn't as Jed has said unless one of the other puppy farms have been raided and its being kept awfully quiet but find that an impossability in a small community.