Interceptor Spectrum Tasty Chew

I thought it was just my dogs that didn't like the chewables until I read these posts. I have now written an email of complaint to Novartis, asking them to start making the tablets again. I received an answer, stating that there are no plans to do this at the moment but they will pass on my comments.

So can I suggest that everyone on here that has dogs that do not like the new chewables, write a similar email to :

<[email protected]>

Maybe of they get multiple complaints about the dogs refusing to eat them, they might do something about it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have written to them a while ago, and got the reply that they have no plans to change the formula or to make the tablets available again. They suggested continuing to shove the broken up tablets down my dog's throats. I think I will go look at the market again, and see what else I can use .... :thumbsup:

Why did they change it, my dog used to love the Interceptor Spectrum tablets! He used to munch them down as if they were the most delicious thing ever! He doesn't like any of the chews though.

I have written to them a while ago, and got the reply that they have no plans to change the formula or to make the tablets available again. They suggested continuing to shove the broken up tablets down my dog's throats. I think I will go look at the market again, and see what else I can use .... :(

I can imagine how that would go down with my Grumpy ...

I have written to them a while ago, and got the reply that they have no plans to change the formula or to make the tablets available again. They suggested continuing to shove the broken up tablets down my dog's throats. I think I will go look at the market again, and see what else I can use .... :(

I can imagine how that would go down with my Grumpy ...

Grumpy by more than name I take it ;) :thumbsup:

Nuheart tabs, Valuheart tabs, Proheart tabs are all monthly tabs that will just do Heartworm prevention.

They are tablets not chunky chews.

Ahh thank you :rofl: For some reason I was under the impression that Pro Heart and Value Heart were chews too.

Nuheart tabs, Valuheart tabs, Proheart tabs are all monthly tabs that will just do Heartworm prevention.

They are tablets not chunky chews.

Ahh thank you :rofl: For some reason I was under the impression that Pro Heart and Value Heart were chews too.

Proheart Plus is a chew, but Proheart is a tab.

I don't bother with any of the gimicky, and generally a bit dearer, so called chewables, any tablet given to ours is popped down the throat. Takes no time at all.

One of the things I insist on is all the animals being taught to accept dosing with medications, makes it so much easier in time of illness etc.

I don't have any problem putting tablets down my dogs throats and have never used the 'chewy' things. Bought, what I though was the usual Interceptor and have this huge rectangular thing that my dogs won't have a bar of. No way am I going to start chopping things up, putting it through their food and then standing over them to make sure they don't throw up for the next 3 hours. Sheeeeeesh. Not sure what I'll be buying but it sure as H@#%% won't be interceptor unless they bring out a tablet again.

It is really annoying because I do have to watch for various nasties around here (including tapeworm being spread by the wallabies) and I felt safe with the 1st day of every month 'do everything' day. I don't have a flea problem and they get a rinse on them when I bath them - so don't need anything like Sentinel.

Both ours chew up Sentinal Spectrum with no problems???

Mine have had no problem with Sentinel Spectrum - but just got a new packet, and they've changed too - haven't had to use them yet - and I don't think it will be a problem with my two gutses - but why did they have to change them. Looks like the shape has changed - they look bigger, and the pack is certainly bigger. :)

I'm lucky - Orbit starts drooling as soon as I reach for the box! But he's not a fussy boy and will generally eat anything that remotely smells like food.

Guardian is one to possibly try as a heartworm/worming combination but that would be expensive for larger breeds.

Milbemax is another one to try which comes in a small tablet.

I'm lucky - Orbit starts drooling as soon as I reach for the box! But he's not a fussy boy and will generally eat anything that remotely smells like food.

Guardian is one to possibly try as a heartworm/worming combination but that would be expensive for larger breeds.

Does the Mlbemax cover heartworm? I complained about the interceptor in at the vets (I'm a fair way from town and don't get there often) and the vet nurse got me some seperate tablets in a packet because they didn't have anything other than interceptor or spectrum boxed. It just had milbemax written on the packet but I have been a bit concerned that it may have only done the intestinal worming and missed them on their heartworm.

Mossies are rife around here at the moment and I really don't want them to be missing their heartworm treatment.

I have written to Interceptor, no reply at all. I can only think they are losing business and should maybe listen to what their customers are saying. Why they had to try and fix what wasn't brokent I don't know.

Does the Mlbemax cover heartworm? I complained about the interceptor in at the vets (I'm a fair way from town and don't get there often) and the vet nurse got me some seperate tablets in a packet because they didn't have anything other than interceptor or spectrum boxed. It just had milbemax written on the packet but I have been a bit concerned that it may have only done the intestinal worming and missed them on their heartworm.

Mossies are rife around here at the moment and I really don't want them to be missing their heartworm treatment.

I have written to Interceptor, no reply at all. I can only think they are losing business and should maybe listen to what their customers are saying. Why they had to try and fix what wasn't brokent I don't know.

Milbemax does cover Heartworm as well as the intestinalworms.