Sankari

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG - how horrible for you and the dog!

It seems you have it all under control now,

I CANNOT believe the vet said leave it there!!!!!!! WTF - I would have grabbed it and bolted to the vet (As long as they were not huge savage dogs!) especially since you know who her vet is.

I would like to think - god forbid- if my dogs did the same thing they would take the injured one to a vet for me.

Hope all is okay.

If the one who was attacked is very skinny it may be unwell and that has been the catalyst for the fight? Survival of the fittest???, younger dog trying to take over leadership???

Edited by Rommi n Lewis

Update..

The owner got home before the police did so she rushed her straight in the emergency. About an hour later she returned home and she came straight into our place to thank us for all our efforts to help her dog. I've just spoken to the owner, she's pretty badly hurt. She's got a smashed windpipe, couldnt breathe too well and has very deep gashes and punctures everywhere. Vet says should make it through the night. Gosh i feel so sorry for the owner. I didnt realise she was an old girl, she looks so much younger, she's 12yrs old and has severe health problems - the only thing on her side at the moment is her heart and blood pressure is good.

Owner will get another update later tonight and she's given her mobile number in case of any future things that happen with her dogs for one reason or another.

:D Please get through the night Beam.

ETA: Rommi, the younger one is apparently the one who is top dog out of the 3 of them, and has been from a young pup. She'd be i'd say maybe 6 or 7. They've always got on ok except for over food but the owner is saying when Beam comes come if she does survive, she'll be keeping the two bitches seperated.

Thank you all for your help and assistance.

Edited by LucyCharzie

she's 12yrs old and has severe health problems

Which is possibly a good reason why the other dog attacked with intent to kill. This is instinctual and goes back to pack survival. Yes - there is nothing for it than to keep this older girl separate, no matter how much it might look at times that the dogs are likely to get along or wish to interact as friends.

gotta be one of the saddest stories i've heard ... i hope the poor girl pulls thru!

when i hear stuff like this, i imagine my own dogs, and yeah...

the vet may have been more compassionate than conveyed ... i doubt a vet is likely to endorse anyone's suggestion to 'jump the fence and save' an injured dog purely on the basis that an injured [and let's not forget, a frightened] dog will likely strike out of fear if approached! in the case of injury, i would think that kind of advice from a professional may lead to some legal filings on the basis that 'the vet said i should' ... just sayin'

good luck lil jrx lady ... i hope you survive to see another sunny day :cool:

I'll be going into the owner's place tomorrow to ask how the little girl is.

Erny: pretty sure now this has happened the owner will keep them seperated for the remainder of their lives. Does make you wonder what brought the attack on though.

SNF: I was told over the phone and it was the nurse who relayed over the phone what the vet said. When i spoke to her owner she said she'll be changing vets as she hasnt been happy with the vet lately.

SNF: I was told over the phone and it was the nurse who relayed over the phone what the vet said. When i spoke to her owner she said she'll be changing vets as she hasnt been happy with the vet lately.

ooh, sorry LC! i meant no implication on your part, even tho it seemed that there was in my post...

i meant the vet didn't convey his/her motives behind saying 'leave it' ... nor it would seem, the vet's nurse!

apologies :cool:

I think I must have misunderstood your intention by your post. I think I shall head off for bed and read the topic properly when I can actually understand the intent behind posts. Just been one horrid day for me unfortunately :D Of course not as awful as the owner would be feeling right now, just feeling terrible for what this dog has gone through in one day praying and hoping she gets through :cool:

I think I must have misunderstood your intention by your post. I think I shall head off for bed and read the topic properly when I can actually understand the intent behind posts. Just been one horrid day for me unfortunately :D Of course not as awful as the owner would be feeling right now, just feeling terrible for what this dog has gone through in one day praying and hoping she gets through :cool:

don't lose any sleep over it LC ... i can assure you, i meant no malice. i just missed a word or two and it made a difference ... i adore jr's, i have 2 x's myself and i can safely bet that what happened to your neighbour's dog simply put me off my game...