Sydney Royal

Katdogs

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can definitely interact with the breeders and their dogs dawma88... enter the Dog Pavilion from the ramp at the Showbag Hall end, and you can walk through all of the exhibitor's area and talk to the breeders, and if they allow, pet their dogs...

T.

Okay so help me out here peeps.

We're headed to the show on Monday 5 April and want to catch the AmStaff judging.

Having never been to any kind of dog show before, I have no idea when things start and the 'schedule' has no timings on it at all.

However the Easter Show website says:

Purina Sydney Royal Dog Show Conformation 1 - 10 April 9.30 am - 5 pm

And as AmStaffs are first on the list, I am guessing they'll be up at 9.30?

I know it sounds like a stupid question, but I like times and structure and proper information

Oh and things written out for me :thumbsup:

Edited by KnucklesDutchnUs

I'm still waiting for my friend to get back to me with the info on when exactly the Weims are being shown on Sunday - apparently it's going to be early, but the show website doesn't have the actual info... grrr! We are waiting for our friend who is showing her Weim to confirm the time so we can be there to cheer Izzy on (she won last year).

T.

You can definitely interact with the breeders and their dogs dawma88... enter the Dog Pavilion from the ramp at the Showbag Hall end, and you can walk through all of the exhibitor's area and talk to the breeders, and if they allow, pet their dogs...

T.

Just came back from today... Was really great how you can walk around and some owners have their dogs available for pats... Today was Great Danes, Cavs, Schnauzers, Gordon and Irish setters, sharpeis... Didn't buy a doggy show bag as it didn't look that great.

I couldn't find any other thread started yet about the Sydney Royal, even in the Show Ring forum.

I'm planning to go on Friday 9th - to see Golden Retrievers, Flat Coated Retrievers, Aussie Terriers and Cairn Terriers (and the rest of it!).

Last time I could only be there for a short time in the afternoon when most people had started to pack up. Still met some lovely Tibbies and Lagotti though! Is there a 'best' time to go through the dog pavilion?

ETA Schedule

Next year for definitely flyball and maybe agility.........can anyone recommend accommodation at that time of year - thinking I'd better get started organising it now!

Okay so help me out here peeps.

We're headed to the show on Monday 5 April and want to catch the AmStaff judging.

Having never been to any kind of dog show before, I have no idea when things start and the 'schedule' has no timings on it at all.

However the Easter Show website says:

Purina Sydney Royal Dog Show Conformation 1 - 10 April 9.30 am - 5 pm

And as AmStaffs are first on the list, I am guessing they'll be up at 9.30?

I know it sounds like a stupid question, but I like times and structure and proper information

Oh and things written out for me :eek:

Unfortunately you don't know until the day you are showing the approximate time you will hit the ring. I showed my Schipp yesterday and we were told we would hit the ring not before 12.30pm. We were told a bit later it would be after 1pm. We eventually hit the ring at about 4.30pm

I'm off soonish to go to the show - and the best bit is that my friend's Weimeraner girl that's showing today finally became a Grand Champion a couple of days ago at their specialty show... go Izzy!!!

If you want to see a spectacular example of the breed (Weim), get yer butts down to the show this morning and look for Izzy (being shown by Lisa Hope) - the Weims are up first today apparently.

T.