Where To Buy

becandcharch

I need to get the pooches one of these and was wondering where people have found them affordable and good quaility?

I know I have seen them at places like Petstock but imagine they are a bit pricey there. Thought I could try the markets but thought there might be some good websites??

Thanks

Hey Bec, do you have a Bunnings close by?? One of the ones I have is a Bunnings one and it has survived 4 dogs! So the quality is quite good.

I popped that stuff in the mail this morning, I hope it survives the trip, the lid is not the right lid so it is taped and glad wrapped.

I got mine from BigW. I think it was about $50 for a medium and was approx $10 cheaper than the Petstock one from memory.

Now if I could just get my stupid dogs to use them that would be great :) :)

If you buy a trampoline-style dog bed, consider the covering and how hard/easy it will be to replace. The frame should last for a long time. Many dogs can go through a hessian cover in a fortnight. You need to shop around and try around to find things your dogs won't destroy -- if you have that kind of dog. You'll find many sources. Just stick to commonly-available sizes (I've found many of the Big-W/Bunnings sorts of 'made in China' brands are fine and cheap initially, but once the coverring goes, it's hell to find a good replacement.

Edited by sandgrubber

Yep - make sure you can easily source the covers.

We have 2 of them from a non-live-animals petstore chain her in Brisbane called Petwise - large was $34.95 and X-large was $39.95 and replacement hessian covers are $4.50 for each size which is great - a cover lasts us about 4-5 months before claws teeth and doggy play start to shred them.

Yup - so true about checking availability of covers. We have many a customer come in looking to replace the cheapy frame covers and finding out they can't. The sizes are often just that bit too "out" to work.

Most of the frames we have at home are up to fifteen years old and we've only ever replaced covers, so that's we kept to that brand for our customers as well.

Worth checking around for quality and price as it can vary.

Sags

I didnt even think of Bunnings! Will check Big W too.

tlc i''ll let you know when my package arrives!

Thanks guys.

I bought my latest one from Bunnings and it is terrific. 5 year guarantee for the mesh part. I would have liked a bigger one as well, but the height was a bit much for my aging troup.

I didn't think of BigW either, so I will be looking there too.

Ours is from Big W. We bought it over 12 months ago and haven't had to replace the cover yet (but they always have them in stock - I've checked :eek:).

The latest ones at BigW are horrible to make up

Ive had 3 from BigW, the first had a plain black cover, bought it YEARS ago it was easy to make up and its still going strong, the second has a green cover, still going. But the third one I bought about 5 months ago, it has a black cover with little white dots, I couldnt get the ruddy thing on...that one went back