Pup Returning After 1st Night! Unbelievable.

moosmum

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know I've had a couple of those "OMG what have I done" moments with mine when they were youngsters :rofl:

I still have those moments sometimes, but unfortunately she just won't fit back in the damn airline crate anymore! :shrug:

Seriously though, I agree that it's far better they send the pup back now than later, if he really is more trouble than they expected. If they really do want a dog but can't cope with a puppy, then perhaps they'd be better off giving a home to a calm elderly rescue dog or something.

Haha - 5 days in I have to say yesterday i burst into tears holding my little bundle of joy 'oh god what have i done" when i found another puddle of pee - lol. Hubby put pup in the dining room and penned him in so he was safely playing with his toys and had access to his food and water and crate, took me by the hand, put me in the car, drove me to woolworths, and bought me chocolate. LOL! He knew how to calm me down. I just needed to be away from the puppy mess for half an hour to appreciate him again - he's a bundle of joy, i love him dearly, but geez puppies are hard work.

It's embarrassing admitting i had a little puppy related breakdown but it's true! I just can't wait for him to be a big boy, lol. And PMS can probably be attributed alot of the blame. lol.

Alls well that ends well!

Pup home none the worse for wear,had a very exciting 24 hours and is settled as usual.Not a peep! :eek:

I found it bizare too,but agree with all posts that they did the right thing and I made that clear.I am just glad that the girl,with her mums advise was ready to admitt she had bitten off more than she could chew and did not leave it longer.Had them in for a cuppa and chat and the young girl was very embarassed and upset.

I was certainly not going to make it harder for her,and won't condemn them.

My fault too for not making sure the mother herself would take a hand in the pups upbringing.

Seems mums expertise and assistance,for all her reasurance was never going to extend to responsibility and daughters eyes were to big for her abilities to cope.

I will be back to add a pic. and will need to find a name for her that fits.

Pup home none the worse for wear,had a very exciting 24 hours and is settled as usual.Not a peep! :eek:

I found it bizare too,but agree with all posts that they did the right thing and I made that clear.I am just glad that the girl,with her mums advise was ready to admitt she had bitten off more than she could chew and did not leave it longer.Had them in for a cuppa and chat and the young girl was very embarassed and upset.

My fault too for not making sure the mother herself would take a hand in the pups upbringing.

Seems mums expertise and assistance,for all her reasurance was never going to extend to responsibility and daughters eyes were to big for her abilities to cope.

How about Eden? I love that name.

Haha - 5 days in I have to say yesterday i burst into tears holding my little bundle of joy 'oh god what have i done" when i found another puddle of pee - lol. Hubby put pup in the dining room and penned him in so he was safely playing with his toys and had access to his food and water and crate, took me by the hand, put me in the car, drove me to woolworths, and bought me chocolate. LOL! He knew how to calm me down. I just needed to be away from the puppy mess for half an hour to appreciate him again - he's a bundle of joy, i love him dearly, but geez puppies are hard work.

It's embarrassing admitting i had a little puppy related breakdown but it's true! I just can't wait for him to be a big boy, lol. And PMS can probably be attributed alot of the blame. lol.

What a wonderful OH you have

and Don't worry we have all been there -even my baby 8 week old Burmese almost reduced me to tears with his suckling on my arm all night.

I have been reading this thread in amazement but thank goodness it has worked out OK - hopefully a new home will come along soon.

Sorry,not real great on the P.C yet and need to learn to use photo bucket or something,so the pics are realy too small.

The bundle of trouble !

In all fairness,this is a VERY confident and dominant girl and she is going to be pretty big too.I did warn them in no uncertain terms, the reality was just something else.

post-32332-1270613643_thumb.jpg

post-32332-1270613666_thumb.jpg

Sometimes things just go pear shaped even with the best of intentions.

About two years ago I returned a pup after two days. OH and I just had a meltdown of sorts, freaked out and showed up on my breeders doorstep in tears. We had/have the best breeder in the world and admit freely that this debacle was all our doing .

We are incredibly lucky that she is a wonderful and forgiving person who sold us another pup two years later.

In hindsight I can see everything that I did/thought wrong but reality was I was not going to be a good mummy to the pup at that time. I would never have been the mummy I am to Bitty and pup would never have had the upbringing Bitty had so it was just the right thing to do for us at the time.

I am ashamed of it and wished we had handled it better but then I would not have my precious Bitty.

Bub, you shouldnt be ashamed of that :confused: ! Timing is everything and you obviously werent ready to share Bubby! :confused:

I have friends who did something similar with a schnauzer puppy.

For them, they had a romantic idea about what a second one would be like- their first schnauzer was their baby, surely an equally sweet little brother would complete their family?

Nup. Like puppies do, he terrorised their first dog (who is not a very social dog anyway), barked A LOT, chewed stuff and in a week they conceded that they had been very happy with just one dog. Back he went, no harm done. :laugh:

I applaud the mother and daughter who recognised so quickly that they had made a mistake. I imagine being the owners of 2 GSDs they were pretty clued into whether it would work or not. :eek:

Glad she is home safe and settled in again. I haven't had an 11 week old pup for years now and to be honest I think it will be quite daunting when the time comes for me to get a puppy so I can see where the mother and daughter are coming from. Not sure how old the daughter is but she may not be aware of the fact puppies do not arrive trained nor how demanding puppies can be and thinks a puppy will be like her other 2 GSDs.

All concerned have done the right thing, the puppy is safe and no doubt will just think she has had a very big adventure. Hope you find a suitable home for her soon.

No need to be ashamed, I had a total breakdown when Zoe was a pup, I would walk into the kitchen, see poo, wee and chewed items fro bench surfing and broke down into tears.... I thought it was just me :eek:

No need to be ashamed, I had a total breakdown when Zoe was a pup, I would walk into the kitchen, see poo, wee and chewed items fro bench surfing and broke down into tears.... I thought it was just me :confused:

Haha - we need a gorgeous puppy support group! I just had a bit of a breakdown and just hugged him and cried - and the little shit once realising how good my tears tasted starting gnawing on my chin - LOL. He's such a sweet little boy but I wish they came toilet trained - lol. He was toilet trained but as he hasn't been in a house with carpet he gets confused as he thinks it's ok to go anywhere that isn't on tiles. :eek:

Thanks Dee.

I still feel “funny” about the whole thing even now. I do agree timing is everything though. The night Bitty came home I made strawberry muffins and cookies while staying up to toilet her every 2 hours. A far cry from how I handled the situation 2 yrs ago.

OT- Bub do you have 2 dogs -Bub and Bitty or just the one? I always thought you had 2. No offence intended.

Luckily the pup was returned and the people werent made to feel horrible. You did a good thing as a breeder!

Spoilt lab I have two dogs. Bubby and Bitty.

Long before Bitty came along, more than 2 yrs ago was when I returned the pup I mentioned in my earlier post and only had Bubby for a while until July last year when Bitty joined our family.

No need to be ashamed, I had a total breakdown when Zoe was a pup, I would walk into the kitchen, see poo, wee and chewed items fro bench surfing and broke down into tears.... I thought it was just me :confused:

Haha - we need a gorgeous puppy support group! I just had a bit of a breakdown and just hugged him and cried - and the little shit once realising how good my tears tasted starting gnawing on my chin - LOL. He's such a sweet little boy but I wish they came toilet trained - lol. He was toilet trained but as he hasn't been in a house with carpet he gets confused as he thinks it's ok to go anywhere that isn't on tiles. :eek:

Puppy breakdown here too.. I cried so much over him for about a month. Now he's just lovely most of the time!!