Another Silly Dog Park Conversation

KismetKat

So chatting with the lady owner of the schnauzer/poodle cross I observed "he's taller than a mini schnauzer and also taller than a mini poodle. It's funny about these poodle crosses, a lot of them grow up to be quite leggy"

"Oh" she said, "yes he's taller than a normal schnauzer" (she meant mini) "but I think a medium poodle was involved."

I pointed out that poodles come in 3 sizes, a standard which is quite big, and mini's and toy's which were both smaller than the dog under discussion.

"No" she said "it was a medium poodle I'm sure. I can check his papers."

Yep, definitely a purebred medium poodle, in that mix. :) Hard to keep a straight face, isn't it!

I was doing some 'educating' at a dog event when a woman with a maltese X something from a pet store, asked me about my 2 tibbies.

I explained they were purebred dogs....'You know the kind you'll see being shown at the 'Ekka. But their breeder has retired them to me, as desexed pets.'

'Ooooooh!' she said, mighty impressed. Then she called to two of her friends....'Come & look at these little dogs. They used to be models.'

Edited by mita

What a strange cross- I can't even imagine what that would look like?! What is the justification behind that cross? or did they just want to give it a funny name- schnoodle or something equally as ridiculous!

I groom a few they are usually mini schnauzer size and have the schnauzer coat colouring but poodle curls and texture hard to explain... but if u do a schnauzer breed clip on them they do look alot like one :) some have a slightly more poodle shaped face ie narrower and longer muzzle...

i think the originatore just like the name hahaha like the MooPoo hahaha Malt X Poodle

a new fav bahahahahaha

We have two come into work, owned by the same family. One is 'apricot' and the other silver. One's the size of an Irish Terrier and the other is between that of a toy poodle and a chi. Ugly dogs, I honestly don't see the appeal.

What a strange cross- I can't even imagine what that would look like?! What is the justification behind that cross? or did they just want to give it a funny name- schnoodle or something equally as ridiculous!

A friend of mine has one. I refuse to call it a schnoodle, which I think upsets her. Her daughter in Sydney had it sent over after her previous dog died. Cost around $1400 :) and is supposed to come from a very good breeder, called Murray View Kennels :laugh: I googled them and my god you should see what they are churning out in addition to schnauzer poodle X's, Roodles!!!! OMG why would anyone cross a rotti and a poodle :laugh:

Reminds me of the conversation I had, where a lady informed me that my Labrador was quite obviously a cross because the fur on his back was wavy.

My purebred Labrador, whom was purchased from a fantastic breeder who also breeds for the guide dogs.

This lady was the owner of a purebred "groodle" I might add.

o_o

Sometimes you should just smile and walk away.

HaHa, working in rescue we have often discussed that we could probably sell our dogs mixed breed pound dogs for hundreds of dollars if we just gave them a mixed up name. Some up for adoption this week:

German Husky (GSD X Husky)

Rottiff (Rottie X Mastiff)

Tettle (Terrier X Cattle Dog)

Thank god we are not in it for the money :thumbsup:

I groom a few they are usually mini schnauzer size and have the schnauzer coat colouring but poodle curls and texture hard to explain... but if u do a schnauzer breed clip on them they do look alot like one :( some have a slightly more poodle shaped face ie narrower and longer muzzle...

i think the originatore just like the name hahaha like the MooPoo hahaha Malt X Poodle

a new fav bahahahahaha

Hahaha what about cocker spaniel x maltese = Cocktease!!!! :(:( :D

XXtoughgirlXxxx

Edited by toughgirl27

I groom a few they are usually mini schnauzer size and have the schnauzer coat colouring but poodle curls and texture hard to explain... but if u do a schnauzer breed clip on them they do look alot like one :( some have a slightly more poodle shaped face ie narrower and longer muzzle...

a new fav bahahahahaha

Hahahaha

What about a Cocker spaniel x maltese = Cocktease! :(:( :D

XXtoughgirlXXxxxx

Yep, definitely a purebred medium poodle, in that mix. :) Hard to keep a straight face, isn't it!

I was doing some 'educating' at a dog event when a woman with a maltese X something from a pet store, asked me about my 2 tibbies.

I explained they were purebred dogs....'You know the kind you'll see being shown at the 'Ekka. But their breeder has retired them to me, as desexed pets.'

'Ooooooh!' she said, mighty impressed. Then she called to two of her friends....'Come & look at these little dogs. They used to be models.'

I groom a few they are usually mini schnauzer size and have the schnauzer coat colouring but poodle curls and texture hard to explain... but if u do a schnauzer breed clip on them they do look alot like one ;) some have a slightly more poodle shaped face ie narrower and longer muzzle...

a new fav bahahahahaha

Hahaha what about cocker spaniel x maltese = Cocktease!!!! :D :(:(

XXtoughgirlXxxx

:p :D :D :( :( :(:) :) Funniest things I've heard today. Absolute gold!!!!!!!!!