Dog/puppy Found

OMD²

How lovely is he.... Poor little thing. I wonder why he is soooo nervous?

Because he has been lost, hungry, cold, disorientated & doesn't know what is going on.

What a tiny little cutie.

Good luck. Dogs surrendered don't usually come to a good end going by the statistics.

:laugh: for taking care of him.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

We used Oscar's crate for him last night. We put it in the laundry next to Dude's crate and they both went to sleep :) Chris got up twice during the night to take him out and he was fine :) Today will be letter box drop day GAH!

Edited by OMD²

The best way for him to be reunited with his family is for him to go to the pound. It is usually the first place people look when their animal goes missing.

Where OMD lives dogs are sent to the RSPCA -no local pound and the RSPCA is on a contract to the council.

The RSPCA are more than happy to put found dogs photo and details on their data base instead of actually having the dog physically at the shelter. Any enquiries are shown or directed to the data base.

In Qld there is no legal requirement for dogs to be taken to the pound.

Found dogs in Qld only have to be kept for 3 working days before PTS so they can actually have a better chance of being reunited with owners if housed at a private home prepared to keep teh dog longer than 3 days.

You forgot to add that in Brisbane, they don't allow people to put their names down on dogs that have been brought in as strays. All dogs no matter what, go through crap temperament testing and any that fail are put to sleep, any that pass are put up for sale to the general public. It's first in best dressed up here.

Ok We have called the BCC, RSPCA and the local pound. Sent through pictures of him, and they all say that it would be better if we could keep him for a few days or until someone shows up.... They have his picture and if anyone comes in looking they always show found pictures etc.

He is a very very very scared dog. He wee's himself when we go near him.. when Chris got a spare dog collar and lead out he wet himself and ran away and bared his teeth.

http://lostfound.rspcaqld.org.au/animal/an...&statusID=2

OMD, isn't Ferny Hills in the Moreton Bay Regional Council? Have you been in touch with them as well? I would hope that anyone who'd lost their dog in that area would call both BCC and Moreton Bay because it's so close to the border, but you never know.

We used to also call any vet in the area as for some reason people call the vets to ask for lost dogs.

I am surprised you can keep the pup. That is a great way to go.

We found a dog in terrible condition and took it to the vet for treatment. It was chipped to owners in the Central coast who didn't answer the phone. We had no option to keep it at home and it had to go to the local pound. After a while nobody claimed it and my friend thought it was so ratty looking nobody would take it. So he went back and paid the money ( on top of vet bill already) to get the dog.

Hope the owners are found and more so hope they are nice. Cute dog! Lucky you found him.

OMD you can ring the pound or just BCC call centre and they will put him on the system. Also ring the RSPCA. You can ask them for an email and send them the pics to add to the file. There is no real need to take him to the pound unless you don't want the trouble of looking after him. So long as his details and pictures are up on the websites.

Yes, to all that. The Brisbane City Council goes along with finders who will hold the dog safely while all means are being taken to trace owners.

Details on their data base, photo & details on RSPCA website. It's a great system that saves trauma on the dog & owners & finders.

Also the Arana Hills Vet surgery....next to Ferny Hills...keeps a data base of Lost & Found reports in the area, for a period of 4 weeks. Phone no here:

http://www.aranahillsvet.com.au/Home/

I live in the general area where you've found this little one.....& I have a vague memory about a notice re a small dog lost.

Best way to reassure a scared small dog, is to get down low on the floor with him.

Edited by mita

cute dog but i hope he finds his house i can only imagine some little kids or his family crying missing him :rofl:

Yes, I know :laugh: But I just can't help but think he has been let out on purpose. He has some issues. He isn't desexed, he only has 1 testie down, he pisses everywhere. We have put his picture up in vets, community notice boards, the rspca web site, street posts etc so you can't say we aren't trying to find his owners.

:thumbsup:

Do you want to keep him? Have you named him yet?

Shut up you! :laugh: hehehe We have all decided his name should be 'SQUIRREL'

I have to add Little Dude is not impressed!

Edited by OMD²

How lovely is he.... Poor little thing. I wonder why he is soooo nervous?

Because he has been lost, hungry, cold, disorientated & doesn't know what is going on.

What a tiny little cutie.

Good luck. Dogs surrendered don't usually come to a good end going by the statistics.

:thumbsup: for taking care of him.

My thoughts too.

And second thoughts were that because he is so small, even small childrem could look like huge, looming monsters.