Does Your Oh Allow Your Dog/s To Sleep On The Bed?

Abigail

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love to hear as to whether your OH allows the family dog/s on the bed? Has it proven problematic? I know that my partner has never ever had dogs in the house let alone on the bed; we have discussed this and he has relented as far as allowing our future dogs in the house but whether he will allow them in the bedroom or on the bed is anybody's guess - for now anyway, lol.

OH doesn't get a choice - and if there isn't enough room, he can move to the sofa not the boofers :D

Fred sleeps on our bed. Jessie doesn't - she is 12 and cannot get up and down on it. But she sleeps at the foot of our bed

Problems:

You will wake up in the middle of the night freezing because said basset hound has nicked the doona and at 30kg he is too heavy for me to shift him.

Fred snores - louder than the OH in fact.

Fred's favourite position - spooning my OH so I sleep on the lonely side of the bed!

Be prepared to wake up to a lick on the nose, heavy breathing in your face (Urgh - doggy breath!) or worst of all, when Fred turns himself around during the night and I wake up to a basset backside inches from my face :thumbsup:

I wouldn't have it any other way - there is something very peaceful about watching your furkid snoozing, happy and safe next to you :thumbsup:

I'm in the process of upgrading my bed to king size! We are thinking of adding another furry one into our small family.

Or else the boyfriend will have no room on the bed, and he already worried about having to sleep on the floor or the couch in the living room :thumbsup: :D

Edited by charleswentworth

OH said to me "when we get the puppy, Diesel will not be allowed on the bed, and no dogs on the couch". Diesel was only allowed on the couch on occasion, and was banned from the bed before we got together. The first night I stayed over, he slept on the bed and wouldn't get off, and it's been that way ever since :D

I agreed. However 2 weeks in, puppy was on the couch and was on the bed for OH's daytime naps..

Bundy shares the couch with me.. and Diesel shares the other couch with OH. Luckily they're 3 seaters :thumbsup: Bundy isn't allowed on the bed at night, he sleeps in his crate in the lounge. We are slowly in the process of encouraging them onto mats on the floor instead of the couch as Bundy will be too big soon for when they decide to curl up on the same couch with me. They are supposedly not allowed on the bed anymore either but OH keeps giving in :thumbsup:

I just think that kids should sleep in their own beds and same as with the dogs.

Dogs are not little humans. I spend a shite load on my bed linen. Truth be told, I don't even like my OH in the bed. He leaves his hairs everywhere, he farts in bed, etc. LOL

I try with Sophie but she doesn't want to sleep with us! She'll come up for about 15mins for a tummy rub and a big cuddle -she spoons me, OH spoons her and we'll lay there like that talking at the end of the day and doze off like that, and within about 10mins she slips ever so gently down off the bed and sleeps on the floor, which i imagine is her putting herself where she feels she belongs if that pack-leadership stuff is to be belieived - about an hour later like clockwork I get up and put her outside and she always seems happy enough to go out there for the rest of the night

Chase hasn't spent the night in our room - he's contained to the dining room and kitchen during the night on the tiles and with his crate - when he's big enough to comfortably spend the day outside without sophie eating him he'll come inside in the evening and be crated next to our bed and take out for a wee in the night but sleep inside and hopefully then Sophie will want to sleep inside too - eventually i'd like to have them both sleep on the bed with us. Especially as hubby will be starting shift work in July and i'd like to have my furkids to snuggle with - ideally they'll sleep with me in the bed and if hubby comes home in the night he can either put them out or just climb in if there's room - lol.

OH had rules when we got Oscar - he is not sleeping in our bedroom. OK first night he slept in the lounge room, on top of my OH.

Then it was - he can sleep in his crate in our bedroom - however after 4 months of no sleep because of a crying puppy he said 'just put him in the bed'. We all slept like babies. Since then, OH has protested and protested that Oscar needs to get out of our bed - somehow it is my fault and I am the one who has to solve the problem. Oscar starts off in his own bed but, sometime during the night he sneaks in under the covers :D. Lilly and Patch will sometimes come in and try to get up but they are usually heard before they can manage to sneak in.

I am the one who gets up during the night to let them all out to the toilet, to me, having a small dog in the bed is the least of my worries.

Timmy is tiny, so I guess I'm influenced by his size, plus to be blunt he's cleaner then my OH! :D

And with the cooler weather I was just saying to OH how it's like having a wheat bag that doesn't get cold!

When we got the pup, my partner said he's not allowed on the bed. And now, he's the one who puts him on the bed all the time.

But the pup will sleep for a while with us, then jump down to his own bed later in the night anyways.

Nope

we dont allow any dogs on the bed or couch at all

:thumbsup::laugh::laugh:

Will bear in mind to show these photos to my partner when he comes home from work; I wonder whether that will make any difference, lol. I am not holding my breath though. Loving those photos stonebridge :rofl:

Nope

:laugh::laugh::rofl:

Will bear in mind to show these photos to my partner when he comes home from work; I wonder whether that will make any difference, lol. I am not holding my breath though. Loving those photos stonebridge :mad

they say that now... by put a pup in their arms.. they will melt. all rules they set now will go out of the window!!

I've seen it plenty of time before.

my boyfriend's brother says that he will never have Charlie in his bed... I was away for 2 weeks, he was looking after Charlie, took him 5 minutes before Charlie was hogging the bed (as usual)... the guy caught a cold after looking after Charlie because Charlie didn't want to share the blanket!! :thumbsup:

Timmy was to be outdoors when we weren't home and sleep in his crate in the loungeroom .... we lasted about three days on both rules. :thumbsup:

DSCF2698.jpg

Adorable! Both, Timmy and OH.

Love the photo and your comment. :laugh:

Nope

:thumbsup::laugh::laugh:

Will bear in mind to show these photos to my partner when he comes home from work; I wonder whether that will make any difference, lol. I am not holding my breath though. Loving those photos stonebridge :rofl:

but wait!!!

there is more

This was taken back in NZ.

I have lots more if it helps LOL

post-27080-1271665174_thumb.jpg