To All You Fellow Dog Owners - Do You Also Own A Cat?

Abigail

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have two beautiful girls :D Gemma, 13 Year old Lilac Point Himalayan & Brandii, 11 year old Cream Point Persian

girlsipod.jpg

The older one likes Winnie but the younger one just runs :D

How gorgeous are they ! :laugh:

2 malamutes and 6 cats here. The level of interaction depends on each cat, but there is certainly no concern about leaving any of them unattended with each other.

Last year we also hand reared some rescue kittens, picture under my name is of Wookie with one of them stealing his dry food, and Ill find an aww piccy of my female helping me out :D

kittens2.jpg

OMG, that is just an awesome photo of a beautiful situation. Wish I could just reach out and give that malamute :laugh: a great

big, tight hug. You have gotta do that for me pleeeaaaase!

One cat,a tabby who was here before Zoe came along...

We separated them initially but it took years for the cat to not run off when Zoe approached, they are fine together now, even roll around on the floor together for a belly rub although the cat would prefer if she were an only child ;)

Mostly we have to stop Zoe following the cat everywhere and her constant need to see if she smells the same as 5 minutes ago....

So, I guess the cat is Zoe's idea of Channel No. 5 :D :D

I could never get tired of seeing cats and dogs forming a bond :laugh:

We introduced two kittens to the family late last year. At first we were very careful because our DSH moggy was only 6 weeks old and 460grams when we got him.He is an orphan and had been hand raised since two weeks old by a friend, he was not doing so well as his siblings so we took him on. He has proven to be such a brave thing. He craves attention from the dogs, always rubbing up against them, teasing them and doesnt mind being licked from top to toe. Our other kitten Summer came from a shelter at 9 weeks old, she keeps to herself mostly but is getting braver every day. All in all it has worked really well, although I never leave the kittens unattended with the dogs, just in case.I dont think Mokha and Molly realise the cats we see on walk are the same species as they live with. Molly is scared of wandering cats but is not at all fussed with ours. Seeing Mokha and Shadow (our little orphan kitten) cuddles up together is priceless.

Edited by mokhahouse

We have 3 Std Poodles, 1 crazy lilac oriental cat & 1 chocolate Burmese (at the moment ready to pop with kits!!!) who both live inside.

My yougest poo is no probs with the cats.......but the 3 dogs together & the chase is on!

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0001-4.jpg

DSC_0209.jpg

"Sticky beak"

What a fantastic pic of your poodle and burmese. I had a Burmese cat in my youth but my hubby hates cats. I wish I could have a cat as well :laugh: However, am just sticking with the one lab puppy for now. I'm going to wait (as you suggested) for another dog a bit later on.

Cheers

Liz )

Mad house here :D :D

2 Bull Terrier miniatures... Quatro and Lilly

A chi...Poco

A ferret... Basil

and a long haired queen that rules eveyone else...Telulah

Telulas and Poco are bestest buddies, Lilly is still excited by the cahse but quatro is ruled by his stomach.. he was trained to leave the cat for a treat now he looks at the cat and comes straight for a treat ;)

and Basil plays with everyone :laugh:

I have four cats and four dogs. I also have a foster dog and lots of foster cats and kittens. No dramas here but the cats and dogs never mix together unsupervised. Our cats are indoor only and I would not trust the dogs if a cat ran through their yard.

DSC00304.jpg

DSC00270.jpg

Yes I have 2 Birmans. Got them as adults from a cat breeder. Rio was imported from Norway (he has a norwegian accented meow :D ) and Holly is also an ex-queen.

They own the house and don't put up with any crap from the dogs :laugh:

Everyone has their own designated area of the bed :D

thekidsze5.jpg

Edited by whippets

I have four cats and four dogs. I also have a foster dog and lots of foster cats and kittens. No dramas here but the cats and dogs never mix together unsupervised. Our cats are indoor only and I would not trust the dogs if a cat ran through their yard.

DSC00304.jpg

DSC00270.jpg

Good for you for rescuing cats and kittens in need :laugh: Those photos of greyhound and cat speaks volumes especially given that most greyhounds are usually trained to kill (given that most are bred to chase in order to win races). A sad existence for the unfortunate greyhound that is often bred to race and if it doesn't meet the grade is readily given the green dream when it could have made such a beautiful pet; I know I have gone off-topic here but those photos are really touching.

Edited by Abigail

I love these threads - get ready for the same old same old, guys, I'm gunna trot out my pictures of the cathounds... :laugh:

Here is my Chocolate Silver Tabby Oriental, Ishbi, demonstrating the main use for a dog:

IMG_0002-23.jpg

This is my Red-Point Himi, Kizmet, having been dragged around the back yard by the scruff by my Whippet, Manny... they were both astonished and displeased when I erupted out the back door squawking and flapping to rescue her, and Kizmet slapped my hand when I went ot pick her up and stalked back up to the house in high dudgeon - they were PLAYING, mum!

IMG_0002-22.jpg

And here Manny is, demonstrating the main use of a fluffy cat in winter - as Winter Whippet Woolies:

IMG_0015-5.jpg

And Manny again, once more Ishbi demonstrates his Canine Foot Warmer (Manny is pretty much saying "eeeek! Your toes are COLD" but is too sweet to disturb the cat... Ishbi is just saying "shut up and stop complaining"

IMG_0002-21.jpg

And this is Kizmet, twining around her Afghans (who have just been bathed and blowdried - of COURSE they need to sit in the dirt!):

IMG_0016-5.jpg

Edited by dog geek

I love these threads - get ready for the same old same old, guys, I'm gunna trot out my pictures of the cathounds... :D

Here is my Chocolate Silver Tabby Oriental, Ishbi, demonstrating the main use for a dog:

IMG_0002-23.jpg

This is my Red-Point Himi, Kizmet, having been dragged around the back yard by the scruff by my Whippet, Manny... they were both astonished and displeased when I erupted out the back door squawking and flapping to rescue her, and Kizmet slapped my hand when I went ot pick her up and stalked back up to the house in high dudgeon - they were PLAYING, mum!

IMG_0002-22.jpg

And here Manny is, demonstrating the main use of a fluffy cat in winter - as Winter Whippet Woolies:

IMG_0015-5.jpg

And Manny again, once more Ishbi demonstrates his Canine Foot Warmer (Manny is pretty much saying "eeeek! Your toes are COLD" but is too sweet to disturb the cat... Ishbi is just saying "shut up and stop complaining"

IMG_0002-21.jpg

And this is Kizmet, twining around her Afghans (who have just been bathed and blowdried - of COURSE they need to sit in the dirt!):

IMG_0016-5.jpg

AWWW, this is the stuff that memories are made of :laugh: :D Thanx dog geek ;)

We have always had both. However with our current dogs the cats were here first. We have 7 cats (12 year old birman, maine coon, 3 persians and 2 exotics) after our old dog passed we got our 3 dogs, 2 border collies and a shepherd. The borders love the cats and clean their faces my shepherd has decided he now wants to eat the cats so we are keeping a close eye on him. He hasnt actually done any real harm to them but I now dont trust him with the cats at all. Other than the shep we have never had any issues with either getting on, the cats rule the house and everything and everyone in it and the borders know this and know thier place :-)

I have 11 dogs (10 shar pei + 1 labrador), 7 cats (4 moggies, 1 Abyssinian, 1 Devon Rex, 1 rex cross and 3 devon rex kittens.

Kitty sitting duties for Sirius

DSC02672.jpg

and for Asante sana

DSC02692.jpg

Couch time with Asante sana and Morpheus. Basically he doesn't understand he is a cat.

DSC02377.jpg

Mopheus found the perfect hot water blanket in winter - just curl up on Anishinaabe

137.jpg

Acheron (dog) and Morpheus (kitten) having a tender moment.

Photo0016.jpg

The look on poor Acheron's face is because Morpheus was trying to suckle

092.jpg

Edited by Ams