To All You Fellow Dog Owners - Do You Also Own A Cat?

Abigail

I breed/show siamese, balinese & oriental cats so no problem here with them & my poodles.

Cats & dogs will share beds or sleep in a pile together.

Obviously common sense & supervision is used with kittens & mums & new litters.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aaaw - c'mon Christina, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease post pix!!! :thumbsup:

Ams - gaaaaaaaaaaw how beautiful is your first pic... and the last one (ALL of the pix are gorgeous, btw) made me laugh when I read the explanation for the pei's expression!!!

Edited by dog geek

We have a 6 mth sheltie, Merlin, 3 cats - Bella, Jessie (moggies) and Axl (Manx)

Jessie is almost 20 and grumpy! They all know to leave her alone. Bella and Merlin are best buds although sometimes Merlin does get a bit enthusiastic. Axl is still finding his place but is a BIG stirrer to both Bella and Merlin :thumbsup:

They all share the house 24/7 separated only for food

I have three Pugs and a moggy. They aren't cuddle buddies but they can all sit beside each other without any worries and co-exist peacefully. We think Molly, the moggy, may be a Ragdoll x as she has points, longish fur and blue eyes.

Three cats here , 2 siamese , 1 Moggy

not one of them afraid of dogs and will walk up to them to say hello ! :o

Ryan arrived after the cats He just accepted them thank goodness !

Bella does this! She has almost gotten eaten once :love:

She loved teasing Shoemonsters Molly, Molly was sooo excited to see Bella, but when Bella went near Moll she would run off :eek:

Yes I have 2 Birmans. Got them as adults from a cat breeder. Rio was imported from Norway (he has a norwegian accented meow :o ) and Holly is also an ex-queen.

They own the house and don't put up with any crap from the dogs :thumbsup:

Everyone has their own designated area of the bed :laugh:

thekidsze5.jpg

:o My friends GSD barks in German :love:

Mine all have their spots in bed, drives me mad, Bella has to sleep on my toes, and sumo on my pillow!

I reallyneed to find some cute photos now, everyone else has LOL

If we meet a cat on our walks, my dogs get most offended when the cat hisses at them and hightails it in the opposite direction. They think all cats should be nice and friendly like the ones they live with.

3 dogs, 1 Lab, 2 Samoyeds and 4 Cats, 2 Burmese X and 2 moggies.

The dogs are all very good with the cats, never had any issues. Two of the cats hate the dogs and stay away from them, the other two think they are dogs and love their puppy friends.

Hi Abigail :rofl:

We have a Ragdoll cat which loves Joey to bits, and visa versa, and a part Maine Coon cat, which keeps to herself most of the time, but gets along with the Cavs:)

They are generally quite respectful of each other.

Joey and Leroy

loveleroy-1.jpg

That is the cutest picture, I love Ragdolls. I have a BengalX that loves my Aussie even though she does play rough but isn't too keen on my Papillon probabaly because he always wants to lick and fuss her. Use to have a purebred Bengal but the Aussie stressed her out too much as she was rather a nervous cat.

We have a maine coon whom I took when my brother died.He called him Mr Bigglesworth from Austin Powers.Our little Tonkinese girl rules our house, Emily named her Princess Lily from the Princess Diaries and yes we do use the formal when calling her.

Dragon loves to give chase when cats are outside but things are fine inside and he is happy to snuggle.Aussie loves to play and will squish P.Lily flat, Mr B is too smart and manages to be out of there!

P.Lily has adopted our newish lorikeit as her charge and PJ, the Lori does think he is a cat.He nuzzles P.Lily and hops on her tail for a ride.

We have had all on the bed including bird but Dragon is obsessed with wanting to eat PJ so it doesn't last long before there is chaos!

Two dogs here and a cat. All get along fine - in fact they all play chasey with one another - darting from one end of the house to the other.

It's funny watching them interact. The dogs are always walking up to the cat while she is sleeping and just gives a careful poke as if to say "c'mon play". Or the cat walks past the dogs, looks at them, and then races behind the couch. Then at night they (sometimes) all jump up on the same bed and sleep together.

We have 2 Ragdolls 1 a rescue detests the dogs the other we had since 12 weeks and loves the dogs

we also now have a 5 month old British shorthair who plays eats rubs the Poodles he amazes me how much he

wants to be with them

3 Poodles 1 Ragdoll 1 British all on the bed every night

Had a cat before the dogs. The cat did not like dogs but had lived with dogs on a property in the past. I made sure the cat was never chased by the dogs and as the cat thought he was safe he didn't run. This gave the small dogs a chance to get used to him.

Eventually they all lived happily ever after. But my dogs will chase anything feline besides the one I owned. Luckily I don't want another cat so it shouldn't be a problem.

Two border collies and two moggies here. Cats were here first, I am a late convert to dog ownership. Both cats were rescues and have taken dogs in their stride. I have at various times had up to four cats here.