German Shepherd National Show

ish

On the 30th of April and 1st & 2nd of May, the 38th German Shepherd National show and trial will be held at KCC Park in Melbourne. There are 2 judges flying over from Germany to judge (flights permitting with the volcano situation) and just under 500 GSDs from all over Australia are entered in the conformation aspect, and 62 obedience entries.

This is a great opportunity for anyone who is curious about the breed to see the best of the best in action :cry: GSD specialties shows are quite different to all breeds shows, lots of action and noise and heaps of fun to be a part of. The top 10 in each class are critiqued by the judge at the end of the class, so there is a great opportunity to learn about GSD conformation and why the dogs were placed in that order.

On Friday, the baby puppy, minor puppy and junior classes are held - starting at 8am

Saturday starts with the puppy dog and bitch classes at 8am and then the Sires Progeny parade at 10am (all stud dogs with 5 or more progeny of 6 months old are presented like a show class, while the judges explain the good and not so good traits the dog is passing on) Breeders groups are next, followed by Intermediate classes and the offical opening and awards at 12:30

Obedience is on Saturday also, starting from 8:30am

Sunday sees the Open dog and bitch classes which is always competitive and exciting. There are 78 open bitches and 61 open dogs battling it out to be crowned gold, silver and bronze medal winners. Classes start at 8:30am.

Please - no comments on the structure of the breed or show/working line debates in this thread :thumbsup:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm coming down on the Saturday to have a look and see my breeders and their dogs in action!!

I am bringing Shyla, I think I am allowed to if I am just wandering around? :(

I was wondering too if wandering around with Zoe would be odd :laugh:

Can't wait...Will be pretty much the biggest weekend of my life!! Our first nationals and im getting married!! WOOOTY WOOT!

Now that is definately going to be one huge weekend.

Can we expect to see you ringside in a flowing white gown? :(

Julie

Can't wait...Will be pretty much the biggest weekend of my life!! Our first nationals and im getting married!! WOOOTY WOOT!

Now that is definately going to be one huge weekend.

Can we expect to see you ringside in a flowing white gown? :thumbsup:

Julie

No, no flowing white gown ringside....it will be in the car for a quick change over after my dogs class HAHAHA j/k

I'm getting married on the Saturday and Archer is in minor puppy which THANKFULLY is on the Friday morning! Disapointed though, OH wont let me come back on sunday to watch the opens! LOL party pooper!

You won't get booted out or anything, but keep in mind there will be lots of dogs and people and most of them will be busy and not all friendly (dogs and people :birthday: ) You might not be able to get close to ringside to watch with dogs either, depending on how crowded it is with gazebos and people.

I'll keep an eye out for you both on Saturday, would love to meet Zoe and Shyla :o

6 more sleeps :thumbsup:

I went to the show yesterday and today.

Without bringing the thread down, I was pretty disappointed in the dogs. I can see why some people are concerned with their structure as this was the reason why I went because in another thread was told I should go and view the dogs.

I ended up getting the number of a breeder because I fell in love with his working line GSD boy :hug:

I went to the show yesterday and today.

Without bringing the thread down, I was pretty disappointed in the dogs. I can see why some people are concerned with their structure as this was the reason why I went because in another thread was told I should go and view the dogs.

I ended up getting the number of a breeder because I fell in love with his working line GSD boy :)

Structure? I didnt go but wished I could have..

Yay for falling for a good looking GSD :) I know how that feels :rofl: I knew If I went I would want to get another one..

Edited by charli73