Redbubble

Hi Guys!

This may sound weird but..

How does Redbubble work? :)

You can put your pictures on there to share them with people, but if someone chooses to buy something, say a card, print, canvas or tee shirt.. etc

Does the actual artist have to make the desired item or does the redbubble people deal with that side of things?

PS. You guys have some incredible, amazing pictures on your redbubbles! :love:

You load your work on to RedBubble and you can choose whether others can view each piece or not. If you're letting others see your work and someone wants to buy something then they submit all the details to RedBubble and RedBubble do the rest. If someone does buy something you'll get an email notification which will also tell you what they bought and how much you made. I'm pretty sure they don't forward payment until you reach a minimum of $100.

Do they let you know who bought your work??

Does anyone have an opinion on thanking the purchaser? I know who mine was and thought about sending a brief thanks but wasn't sure if it would seem silly to the purchaser, especially since it was just a greeting card?

I would definately like to have the option to thanks them. I havent known anyone that has bought my stuff but wish I could. (except huga!)

I would just keep it brief :D

Edited by becandcharch

Does anyone have an opinion on thanking the purchaser? I know who mine was and thought about sending a brief thanks but wasn't sure if it would seem silly to the purchaser, especially since it was just a greeting card?

I would definately like to have the option to thanks them. I havent known anyone that has bought my stuff but wish I could. (except huga!)

I would just keep it brief :thumbsup:

I use the journal feature, the last person who bought one of my T's was anon. but I wrote them a thank you In a journal and when they received the T, they did come In and let me know It was received. That's how I normally thank someone whether they're anon. or RB members :birthday:

Will people laugh you off if your redbubble account isn't great? I want to order a redbubble calander next year so I want to upload a few of my fav pics each month so at the end of the year I can choose which photo I liked best each month and which fit best togther without having to look through 100's of pics!

Also a little off topic but allowed, at this website http://tutorials-loader.com/chesapeake-bay-retriever.php one of my pictures is shown and they do link to me but I am not sure that I want the picture to be out on the general internet like that because at least people on Flickr understand things like copyright, or since it links to me am I safe? :thumbsup:

Will people laugh you off if your redbubble account isn't great? I want to order a redbubble calander next year so I want to upload a few of my fav pics each month so at the end of the year I can choose which photo I liked best each month and which fit best togther without having to look through 100's of pics!

Also a little off topic but allowed, at this website http://tutorials-loader.com/chesapeake-bay-retriever.php one of my pictures is shown and they do link to me but I am not sure that I want the picture to be out on the general internet like that because at least people on Flickr understand things like copyright, or since it links to me am I safe? :thumbsup:

I haven't found anyone leaving negative comments on RedBubble as yet. It's not like many of the Flickr groups where people have to comment on so many photos in order to post their own. People usually only comment to let the artist know they like their work or they just don't say anything, unless feedback is asked for in a group or forum. You can also choose to keep any of your photos private if you don't want the public to see them. Just go into "My Art" then click on "Edit" next to the photo you don't want shown and if you scroll to the bottom of the page the "Options" section has a box you can tick called "Hide this work from the public". You'll still be able to see it and create a calendar from it when you're ready. You'll also be able to do the same thing and hide the calendar from the public if you want.

Flickr is the general internet and most people on there probably don't understand copyright regulations. You can put a copyright notice on RedBubble in the "Description" section of each photo or you can put one on the "Tell us about yourself..." section under "My Account" then "Edit Your Profile". You can choose whether your copyright notice does not permit anyone to copy, edit etc.. your work or whether you have a clause that allows them to copy it for personal use only. As far as I know the site showing your photo has done the right thing by acknowledging the source but you can still contact them and ask them to take it down, but I'd definitely be adding a copyright notice to your work if you do that. If I've got any of that wrong I'm happy to be corrected. :o

Thanks for the advice JS! I think that the likelihood of my photo being violated is low (I was shocked to even see it! :birthday: ) so I don't want to seem like I am trying to bignote my mediocre photographs by putting a copyright notice on them.

Guest Tess32

Nope. The quality on RB varies a lot as it is free.

If you don't want them for public viewing and for sale, you can just upload them as private photos.

Most of the calendars etc I buy for family use are uploaded and stored as PRIVATE ..no one ever sees them :D.As RB IS primarily an open marketplace for the visual arts, if you have your work available for public sale- try and only put up your best quality :thumbsup:

However, if you purely want to use the manufacturing/buyback feature- just do everything private :laugh: