Whelping My Labrador

jamieson

If you end up heading to the vet tomorrow, you could ask for a progesterone test to see what her level is, below a certain number and pups should have arrived and they can do a c-section. If not dropped low enough, you can ease your worries that she is just not ready yet.

Hoping the vet trip won't be needed and she whelps soon!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you end up heading to the vet tomorrow, you could ask for a progesterone test to see what her level is, below a certain number and pups should have arrived and they can do a c-section. If not dropped low enough, you can ease your worries that she is just not ready yet.

Hoping the vet trip won't be needed and she whelps soon!

Thanks for that I will ask if no pups tonight. Pearl is sleeping soundly at the moment.

Another could be "Took my Time" or "When I'm Ready"... lol!

Oh Pearl... have you been busy overnight?

T.

No she has not! She slept very well. Pups moving and she ate this morning. I will call the vet and get a check tday, but my gut instinct says its ok and they will come tonight. Though I may be very wrong...

Sheesh!...yours was the first topic I checked on Jamieson, still no fat little squirmy pups, bugger-it-all Pearl, get yer finger out (so to speak :confused: )

Good luck for tonight then...you have quite a following here!

Did I recall you saying she is dilated? I would be concerned about that if there were no action soon. An open cervix can be a super-highway for bugs.

Remember too that bitches who are carrying a large (or small) litter are often quite unable to go into labour naturally.

Pearl is just building her fan base for the finale :dancingelephant: Hope all goes well for mum during the whelping and we look foward to seeing some photos of her gorgeous lab babies :birthday:

Just what I was thinking... building her fan base before she puts on the show... lol!

C'mon Pearl - my workmates think I'm mad because I keep telling them that I check this thread first thing in the morning and first thing when I get home from work... and sometimes before I go to bed - for good measure...

T.

Pearl is just building her fan base for the finale :dancingelephant: Hope all goes well for mum during the whelping and we look foward to seeing some photos of her gorgeous lab babies :birthday:

Just what I was thinking... building her fan base before she puts on the show... lol!

C'mon Pearl - my workmates think I'm mad because I keep telling them that I check this thread first thing in the morning and first thing when I get home from work... and sometimes before I go to bed - for good measure...

T.

Hi all of Pearls fans...'Thankyou for all your support, Im sure Pearl appreciates it. I sure do.

I took her to the vet today again! He is happy with her and apparently her vulva has odema ( sounds painful dosnt it) and the other vet may have made a mistake about the dilation due to this. Who knows... Anyway he said she is well and no sign of anything to be concerned about. So we keep waiting, according to measurements of the ultrasound she is 62 days today. So she has a day or 2 to get going yet. She is bright as a button tonight. I am beginning to think she is enjoying all the attention and wants to make it last as long as she can! I will keep you posted and it looks like another night of checking in on Pearl in the wee small hours!

A good way to tell when she is close to labour is by checking her stools :dancingelephant:

Normally a bitch will get black tar looking poos about 12 hours from labour.

I have always used this as a good indications.

Wishing you and pearl all the best.

Leanne