A Collar Question For Sighthound Owners

ruthless

We measured up an Italian Greyhound today for a custom collar and the owner asked for a d-ring on the back. In this case should the collar not taper at all? It's only 1.25" wide at the widest part but we were going to taper it to 5/8".

Are you going to make some fancy leather whippet bling collars?!!!!

Be nice to get some from oz. I currently get mine from England (made from english bridle leather and are sheepskin lined on the inside).

I also have old greyhound leather collar and lead sets. Yes they are buckled on the collar and lead. I don't think they make them here anymore. I could still use them now and they are 20 yrs old.

Edited by whippets

We measured up an Italian Greyhound today for a custom collar and the owner asked for a d-ring on the back. In this case should the collar not taper at all? It's only 1.25" wide at the widest part but we were going to taper it to 5/8".

Be nice to get some from oz. I currently get mine from England (made from english bridle leather and are sheepskin lined on the inside).

I also have old greyhound leather collar and lead sets. Yes they are buckled on the collar and lead. I don't think they make them here anymore. I could still use them now and they are 20 yrs old.

Yep, they still make them, they are the only sort greyhound trainers are allowed to use on racing greys.

Damn, I hate being wrong! :D

Did I imagine collars with a d-ring on the thick part then?

I've had some collars made from this company and they do collars with a d-ring on the widest part, so you've been right about something :thumbsup:

http://www.hollyandlil.co.uk/cowhide--leat...om-44-526-p.asp

They made me a gorgeous greyhound style one for my greyhound girl

IMG_3700.jpg

I also got a couple of Italian greyhound ones made for my cresties as I liked the idea of the soft, wide and supportive leather round their necks as well....

P16-06-09_1945.jpg

IMG_4980.jpg

We've already made one, it's on our site :cry: Like it says in the description, all our designs are available in sighthound styles. Just email us to order.

you've been right about something :o

:eek: Not the kind I meant unfortunately ;) I'm still wrong!

Hi Indigirl, I love your iggy collars - can you tell me where you got them from in the US?

My 2 iggies have had some nice ones from "2Hounds Design" in the US, but the collar and martingale loop are all the same width and I've found the loop part a bit bulky. Your tapered ones look great, and the lining looks so soft. Thanks.