John Travolta's Dogs Killed In Airport Accident

PepitoVFR

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think some are forgetting that the plane would have been Travolta's personal Boeing 707

which he can park in his own Boeing driveway at his home, his home backs onto a full size runway

Therefore the animals would be VIP passengers and not require crating.

Just the point I was going to bring up tyra2007. I'm sure his dogs just sit in the cabin with the family. Not in crates like a regular passengers dogs.

Maybe he should have had a separate doggy walkway put in beside his personal runway..

Looks like the accident didn't take place at Johns house though.

OOps you're right. It was at an international airport. Hope it was quick and painless for the dogs, for both their sake and the family's sake. Hoping their daughter didnt witness it either, shes still quite young 9i think maybe around 10 or so.

Got to wonder why anyone would walk dogs around on a tarmac though.

Ahhh yes the life of the rich and famous :confused:

post-21605-1274189061_thumb.jpg

Quoted from a website:

OCALA, Central Florida 23-Nov-2004 [JP]: What do you do when your neighbours won't let you park your Boeing 707 outside your home? You move to another “housing development” - one that lets you have close-parking privileges, complete with a 1.4-mile airstrip!

Following a lifelong love of aviation, 70's TV phenom actor John Travolta now lives in Jumbolair, just north of Ocala, Florida. Shown are two of Travolta's jets - a Gulfstream and a Boeing 707B - there aren't very many non-commercial airstrips where planes of that size can take off and land. About a decade ago, Travolta had a home in a fly-in community near Daytona, but was sued by neighbours who claimed his jet airplanes were too big and noisy for their facility.

The very layout of his new house is testament to Travolta's love of flying. It's located immediately off the main airstrip, and is designed so his jets can taxi right up to two outbuildings connected to the main structure, which is shaped like a squat air-control tower. Travolta literally can walk out his door, under a canopied walkway and into the cockpit, open the long mechanized gate and be airborne in a matter of minutes.

According to the Federal Aviation Administration pilot database, Travolta is qualified in several types of single and multi-engine aircraft, and has the highest pilot medical certification possible.

“We know that Travolta's an accomplished pilot. A lot of people fly for the pleasure of it, and he's one of them,” said John Clabes, an FAA spokesman. “If you have this many ratings on these types of high-performance aircraft, you're obviously a good pilot.”

In layman's terms, Travolta has enough experience flying large multi-engine jets that he could easily switch to piloting commercial airliners for a living - but why bother when you can make a hobby of it? 49-year old Travolta flies daily from Ocala to Tampa to shoot “The Punisher,” an action movie based on the comic book, set to be released next summer... Tough life, but someone has to do it, eh?

End Quote.....

Unfortunately the poor dogs were at another airport and not at home when this accident occured :hitself:

Two little dogs are dead, they didn't deserve to die that like, I'm sure their owners loved them. That's the story.

Very true, as we dont know the facts, we shouldn't judge what may have happened other than two beloved family dogs lost their lives :confused:

It's beyond me what religion has to do with someone's dead dogs. Dogs in crates until out of the airport confines would have prevented such an incident from occuring.

Nah, didnt mean to make it sound like religion had anything to do with what's happened to the poor dogs. I was just having a moment.

I cannot believe that such an incident would take place, God only knows! As others have said, seems like the Travolta's have been plagued by bad luck lately. Perhaps it is time to forget the very existance of Scientology. Not saying that this is why they've have had bad luck but perhaps it is well about time that they give some of their cash to more deserving institutes rather than Scientology which I equate to a leech.

Edited cause I usually go 100 miles an hour and leave out a word or two.

Having read L Ron Hubbard's pulp sci-fi books, I'm not a fan of his or of his 'religion', but I think it's a wee bit out of order to blame the dogs and his son's deaths on his belief system.

I didnt quite word it correctly, Sheridan. I should have said that instead of giving money to such a religion perhaps it would have been best to give the money where it is most needed which is OT anyway. It is tragic what has happened.

I cannot believe that such an incident would take place, God only knows! As others have said, seems like the Travolta's have been plagued by bad luck lately. Perhaps it is time to forget the very existance of Scientology. Not saying that this is why they've have had bad luck but perhaps it is well about time that they give some of their cash to more deserving institutes rather than Scientology which I equate to a leech.

Having read L Ron Hubbard's pulp sci-fi books, I'm not a fan of his or of his 'religion', but I think it's a wee bit out of order to blame the dogs and his son's deaths on his belief system.

I didnt quite word it correctly, Sheridan. I should have said that instead of giving money to such a religion perhaps it would have been best to give the money where it is most needed which is OT anyway. It is tragic what has happened.

Yes, it is, and I think it's none of my business what Travolta does with his money.

Yes, it is, and I think it's none of my business what Travolta does with his money.

Oh well, this is a forum and one should be allowed to state one's point of view providing it isn't of insult to anybody. At the end of the day what Travolta does with his money is his business but given the state of the world it would have been nice if instead of giving millions to a hypocritical establishment like Scientology he would have put the dollars to better use like helping animal welfare. If only I had a few millions to spare I know what I would be doing.

Aw, come on folks. His dogs are dead. That's tragic for anyone. Not quite sure what his income, his belief system, or who he donates money to, has to do with it. Is the death of his dogs any less tragic for him and his family because they are wealthy? Are they any less deserving of our compassion?

Aw, come on folks. His dogs are dead. That's tragic for anyone. Not quite sure what his income, his belief system, or who he donates money to, has to do with it. Is the death of his dogs any less tragic for him and his family because they are wealthy? Are they any less deserving of our compassion?

Yes it is tragic and very sad and they do deserve compassion, no two ways about it. I agree that their wealth has nothing to do with what's happened. It was more of an of topic comment, didn't mean to make it sound like it did.

RIP little doggies.

Poor Travoltas, nothing seems to be going right for them.

Sad for them and the dogs, but last night on the news it said they were 3 months pregnant so things might be looking up for them :D

After showing this to the other half who was a flight attendant for a few years and also having worked at the airport myself. In Australia, EVERY person who is on a tarmac is meant to wear a safety vest. I know that in Brisbane, the area reserved for private planes is very dark as it doesn't need to be well lit (and unneccessary lights on tarmacs can cause issues.)

It is VERY possible that the people walking the dogs weren't wearing safety vests and therefore very possible they weren't seen until it was too late. And yes, service vehicles do hoon around the airport... particularly in the areas where people (and dogs) aren't expected to be.

Sometimes things are what they are; terrible accidents.

Poor dogs and poor family.

]

Oh well, this is a forum and one should be allowed to state one's point of view providing it isn't of insult to anybody. At the end of the day what Travolta does with his money is his business but given the state of the world it would have been nice if instead of giving millions to a hypocritical establishment like Scientology he would have put the dollars to better use like helping animal welfare. If only I had a few millions to spare I know what I would be doing.

Good for you but your comments are totally irrelevant. this is a dog forum and ofcourse people are going to relate to dead dogs on the tarmac, not whether or not he's sucked in enough to give his money to scientology. Who cares who he gives his dough to? That's not what this thread is about.

]

Good for you but your comments are totally irrelevant. this is a dog forum and ofcourse people are going to relate to dead dogs on the tarmac, not whether or not he's sucked in enough to give his money to scientology. Who cares who he gives his dough to? That's not what this thread is about.

You're right that my comments are irrelevant; that is why I said that my comment was off topic. Just an off the cuff remark basically.

Edited by GardenofEden