John Travolta's Dogs Killed In Airport Accident

PepitoVFR

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story...ccident_1142884

Tragedy has struck JOHN TRAVOLTA and his family again - the actor's pet dogs have been killed in a freak airport disaster in Maine.

According to local reports a service vehicle at Bangor International Airport struck and killed the dogs, while they were being walked after the Travoltas landed there early on Thursday (13May10).

A statement from city officials reads, "At approximately 1am on Thursday, May 13, 2010 an airplane carrying members of the John Travolta family landed at BIA.

"While there, two small dogs were taken for a walk by someone who is not a family member. An airport service pickup truck was approaching the airplane to service the airplane and did not see the dogs. Unfortunately, the dogs were struck and killed.

"The airport is investigating the accident."

Airport director Rebecca Hupp tells the Bangor Daily News, "This is an unfortunate accident. Our deepest sympathies are with the family."

The tragedy comes 16 months after Travolta and his actress wife Kelly Preston lost their teenage son Jett, who died after suffering a seizure at the family home in the Bahamas.

The Travolta's are not having a good run lately.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Somethings not quite right with that- sounds like dogs were loose on the tarmac- otherwise how would the person walking them not be injured or move them out of the way?

Edited by Cosmolo

If they were on leashes how were they struck and killed? Someone's trying to cover their a$$ :laugh:

Extender leashes.

Not necessarily. If a car approached from the side the dogs could have been killed without touching the person walking them. They were small dogs, maybe the driver didn't notice them?

Extender leashes, normal leashes... either way.. even if the driver of the service vehicle didn't see the dogs.. wouldn't they notice the human?? or wouldn't the human notice the vehicle?

exactly. too strange :laugh:

I cannot believe that such an incident would take place, God only knows! As others have said, seems like the Travolta's have been plagued by bad luck lately. Perhaps it is time to forget the very existance of Scientology. Not saying that this is why they've have had bad luck but perhaps it is well about time that they give some of their cash to more deserving institutes rather than Scientology which I equate to a leech.

Edited cause I usually go 100 miles an hour and leave out a word or two.

Edited by GardenofEden

I cannot believe that such an incident would take place, God only knows! As others have said, seems like the Travolta's have been plagued by bad luck lately. Perhaps it is time to forget the very existance of Scientology. Not saying that this is why they've have had bad luck but perhaps it is well about time that they give some of their cash to more deserving institutes rather than Scientology which I equate to a leech.

Edited cause I usually go 100 miles an hour and leave out a word or two.

Having read L Ron Hubbard's pulp sci-fi books, I'm not a fan of his or of his 'religion', but I think it's a wee bit out of order to blame the dogs and his son's deaths on his belief system.

If the dogs were dark coloured and being walked in a not well lit area, then I could see it happening - however, I would be questioning the driver of the vehicle for maybe going a bit faster than he should have been. Fancy not being able to see 2 dogs in yer headlights in the middle of the night on an airport tarmac...

T.

I think some are forgetting that the plane would have been Travolta's personal Boeing 707

which he can park in his own Boeing driveway at his home, his home backs onto a full size runway

- don't forget he isn't short of a buck.

Therefore the animals would be VIP passengers and not require crating.

As for how they would both get run down on an airfield - well that is bizarre - perhaps the hired help weren't paid nearly enough.

Sad for the dogs.