Manka Active Honey 16+ulf

I have some and will need more, where does everyone order theirs from and what's been the best price you can find so far ?

I paid $25.50 for 250grams I can find 500 for 35 plus postage

That's a really good price :laugh:

Please excuse my ignorance but do you mean Manuka honey? and if so does it have to be manuka honey or can it just be raw honey.

There is a difference between the two - google and you shall see :D

I'm so peeved we aren't allowed it here in WA :birthday:

Guest belgian.blue
I'm so peeved we aren't allowed it here in WA :laugh:

You can get it here .. I have in the past

I'm so peeved we aren't allowed it here in WA :confused:

Apparently Jarrah honey has similar qualities. :hitself:

Anne, Manuka Honey has excellent anti-bacterial qualities and is a good immune system booster. Medicinal grade (15 UMF and higher) honey is great for sore throats, cuts and wounds. It has been used with great effect on burns and because it coats a would with a antibacterial, moisture retaining skin, is helpful for preventing scarring.

I have a tube of 50 UMF Medihoney that I use the same way folk would use Savlon and other wound creams.

Edited by poodlefan

I'm so peeved we aren't allowed it here in WA :laugh:

Apparently Jarrah honey has similar qualities. :shrug:

Anne, Manuka Honey has excellent anti-bacterial qualities and is a good immune system booster. Medicinal grade (15 UMF and higher) honey is great for sore throats, cuts and wounds. It has been used with great effect on burns and because it coats a would with a antibacterial, moisture retaining skin, is helpful for preventing scarring.

I have a tube of 50 UMF Medihoney that I use the same way folk would use Savlon and other wound creams.

I must look out for some Jarrah Honey then!

I am just about out of the jar of Manuka Honey that a very kind Doler sent me from the Eastern States (yes norty) and it is such a handy and effective item to have in the cupboard.

I'm so peeved we aren't allowed it here in WA :thumbsup:

Apparently Jarrah honey has similar qualities. :thanks:

Thanks. :laugh: I'll keep that in the memory banks and look out for it.

I'm so peeved we aren't allowed it here in WA :thumbsup:

Apparently Jarrah honey has similar qualities. :thanks:

Thanks. :laugh: I'll keep that in the memory banks and look out for it.

Forgot to add - also not bad as a cough suppressent. :laugh:

I never knew that about the Jarrah honey, very interesting, thanks PF!

I've bought the Fewsters honey before too, yum :thumbsup:

My Dad's family hails from over that side of the island.. and I spent time in Perth as a kid.

I can recall my Grandad would visit us from the West and bring us a big tin of honey so pure it would be candied. :thanks:

Depending on what you want to use it for. You should be able to get Medihoney, Wound gel from a Chemist in WA. It's available online for $7.99 for 25g.

We used it recently on a sheep which had been attacked by a wild dog. The vet had stitched the wound but the stiches split and could not be re-stitched. We tried Cetrigen spray and Betadine to start with to no avail. The honey has done wonders and the wound has completely healed.

Depending on what you want to use it for. You should be able to get Medihoney, Wound gel from a Chemist in WA. It's available online for $7.99 for 25g.

We used it recently on a sheep which had been attacked by a wild dog. The vet had stitched the wound but the stiches split and could not be re-stitched. We tried Cetrigen spray and Betadine to start with to no avail. The honey has done wonders and the wound has completely healed.

I have seen a horse who had ripped a huge chunk of skin and muscle on a barbed wire fence, vet stitched it x2 and it kept opening, eventually the flap of skin died and the wound was open, the owner was told to use honey on the wound and it heeled amazingly well!

Fantastic! Thank you, you have made my day! :)

I have seen it used in hospitals on ulcers as well, it really is brilliant stuff, everyone should have some in their first aid kit.

I even tried it on a hotspot a few times. It's great as long as the dog can't reach the hotspot to lick the yummy honey off :laugh: