Puppies Registration Papers

Mas1981

I have always got the papers when collecting the puppy. There is plenty of time to register the litter between birth and 8 weeks so that the papers are ready to go with the puppy which is part of the deal. Personally, I wouldn't pay for the puppy unless the papers came with it............they could sell you anything or perhaps never receive your papers at all:mad

What you have said does not apply to all states. Not every state has the same registering rules.

Queensland has different rules to begin with.

I evaluate my pups when wet and then not till 8 weeks. It would make it impossible to register my pups before 8 weeks.

I can also, once evaluated register my pups directly in the purchasers name. (in Qld. that is).

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The papers for my recent puppy which I got on collection were in the breeders name with the transfer signed over to me on the day. I then did the transfer, but at least I had the papers to transfer into my name, I guess similar to buying a car with the rego papers

Ummm sorry but that is against the rules of ANKC. The breeder must transfer the papers.

The breeder you got your dog from just saved themselves some money by having you pay for it and if they did this with every pup (especially in large litters) they are getting away with a small fortune.

There is also no way to know for sure that the new owners have done the transfer, which if not the dog is still technically in the breeders name and can be blamed if anything happens.

I give a copy of the pedigree in the pups folder and the original pedigree is sent out to them in a few weeks.

Have never had a problem doing it this way and have never had buyers question me.

Have been doing it this way for 16 years.

Leanne

I've never had a problem with either a buyer wanting the papers at the time of sale or supplying them at a later date. My contract states that papers will be provided upon registration of the litter, my receipt states the same thing, on the receipt is the dogs chip number, colour, sex and DOB.

Details are provided of the parents rego and chip number ( pedigree ) and copies of their relevant health testing.

Never had a problem and have never had a buyer walk away. There's every chance my next litter won't have papers until they are a good 10-12 weeks old, yet there are buyers ready and waiting for those pups too. :o

Same here.never had an issue or query either.

I have always got the papers when collecting the puppy. There is plenty of time to register the litter between birth and 8 weeks so that the papers are ready to go with the puppy which is part of the deal. Personally, I wouldn't pay for the puppy unless the papers came with it............they could sell you anything or perhaps never receive your papers at all:mad

Black Bronson how many litters have you breed,how many pups have you evaluated between the above ages,at birth which pups would you put on mains/limited??

In breeds that arent born with the colour what colour would you list on the papers at this early age??

Are you able to tell which ones have faults ,bad mouths,poor movement??

Please inform us

BB is the consumers advocate of DoL. :)

Dogs are like cars according to BB

My dogs come with an RACV check...er I mean vet checked for health before they go.

My dogs come with a tank full of fuel...er I mean they have been fed well before they go.

My dogs come with car mats and accessories...er I mean a puppy pack.

Anyway, like showdog and SBT123, my pups rarely have their rego papers when they go to their new homes. I have had no problems with pup buyers in this regard. It's on their receipt that the registered papers will follow and be mailed out. A demanding overbearing puppy buyer would probably give me the willies enough to not even sell them a dog. They can look elsewhere.

Edited by whippets

The papers for my recent puppy which I got on collection were in the breeders name with the transfer signed over to me on the day. I then did the transfer, but at least I had the papers to transfer into my name, I guess similar to buying a car with the rego papers

Ummm sorry but that is against the rules of ANKC. The breeder must transfer the papers.

The breeder you got your dog from just saved themselves some money by having you pay for it and if they did this with every pup (especially in large litters) they are getting away with a small fortune.

There is also no way to know for sure that the new owners have done the transfer, which if not the dog is still technically in the breeders name and can be blamed if anything happens.

I give a copy of the pedigree in the pups folder and the original pedigree is sent out to them in a few weeks.

Have never had a problem doing it this way and have never had buyers question me.

Leanne

That's not the case in all states Ozstar.

The papers for my recent puppy which I got on collection were in the breeders name with the transfer signed over to me on the day. I then did the transfer, but at least I had the papers to transfer into my name, I guess similar to buying a car with the rego papers biggrin.gif

Against the rules in QLD, Breeder or person disposing of dog is responsible for transfer.

Leanne

Ozstar, in Victoria, the initial puppy registration must be in the breeders name. The transfer of the reg papers is up to the new owners.

I've never had a problem with either a buyer wanting the papers at the time of sale or supplying them at a later date. My contract states that papers will be provided upon registration of the litter, my receipt states the same thing, on the receipt is the dogs chip number, colour, sex and DOB.

Details are provided of the parents rego and chip number ( pedigree ) and copies of their relevant health testing.

Never had a problem and have never had a buyer walk away. There's every chance my next litter won't have papers until they are a good 10-12 weeks old, yet there are buyers ready and waiting for those pups too. :o

Black Bronson how many litters have you breed,how many pups have you evaluated between the above ages,at birth which pups would you put on mains/limited??

In breeds that arent born with the colour what colour would you list on the papers at this early age??

Please inform us

All of my breeders over the years have always had the papers ready when collecting the puppy, 8 pure breed dogs in total and again 6 weeks ago with our new puppy. Seems that some breeders can manage to supply papers on collection without a problem :)

Please inform us

BB is the consumers advocate of DoL. :)

Dogs are like cars according to BB

My dogs come with an RACV check...er I mean vet checked for health before they go.

My dogs come with a tank full of fuel...er I mean they have been fed well before they go.

My dogs come with car mats and accessories...er I mean a puppy pack.

Anyway, like showdog and SBT123, my pups rarely have their rego papers when they go to their new homes. I have had no problems with pup buyers in this regard. It's on their receipt that the registered papers will follow and be mailed out. A demanding overbearing puppy buyer would probably give me the willies enough to not even sell them a dog. They can look elsewhere.

That's all good Whippets, then when the papers don't show up as promised ...........we have two active threads on DOL about exactly this now, then you have to mess around :) Quite a few owners have been messed around with breeders not supplying papers in a reasonable amount of time which isn't a new problem, it happens :laugh:

All of my breeders over the years have always had the papers ready when collecting the puppy, 8 pure breed dogs in total and again 6 weeks ago with our new puppy. Seems that some breeders can manage to supply papers on collection without a problem :o

Didnt answer my questions??

Just because you breeder register early doesnt mean they get it right??

What ratio do there pups go on main/limited?? .

I could register early BUT i prefer to place the pups on the correct register .If your breeders can access very early who is show/pet & the likes great they must have some real superstars in the show ring??

I have owned from others now 18 dogs & never got the papers on the day & that is over a 25 yr period & from breeders who i admire & love there ethics.

Yep and we know the kind of breeders they are... the one's who whack everything on the main register , regarldess of them not being of show potential.

Not really the kind of breeder I aspire to be like.

They could actually whack them all on limited then upgrade to main when they have a proper insight into the dog's quality at a more mature age than 8 weeks.

Yep and we know the kind of breeders they are... the one's who whack everything on the main register , regarldess of them not being of show potential.

They could actually whack them all on limited then upgrade to main when they have a proper insight into the dog's quality at a more mature age than 8 weeks.

So you would buy a pup under those terms ??

Leanne

Ozstar, in Victoria, the initial puppy registration must be in the breeders name. The transfer of the reg papers is up to the new owners.

Thanks for clarifying that Zed-N-Q :o

I was getting worried after reading Oztars post that I might be breaking the rules.

When I bought my puppies, I received the papers with the back bit of it signed by my breeder for the transfer, it was up to me to first of all become a member of Dogs Vic & then pay the transfer fees.I have every intention of doing the same thing for my puppy buyers, so its good to know that I am doing the correct thing for Victoria & not breaking the rules. :)

I sent in my litter registration form to Dogs Vic last week, so I hope to get them back in time to give to the puppy buyers on the day of collection. :)

Leanne

Hey Leanne, I never knew that, have you got a reference or link handy you can post in here. I have always received my papers with the breeders signatures on the back in the mail for me to sign and send to Dogs NSW and had to pay for my own transfers of nearly $50 I think per dog....

No names need to be mentioned - "no breeders restrictions", at least the advert has changed from only dogs with major faults should be placed on limited register.... :o

Leanne

Hey Leanne, I never knew that, have you got a reference or link handy you can post in here. I have always received my papers with the breeders signatures on the back in the mail for me to sign and send to Dogs NSW and had to pay for my own transfers of nearly $50 I think per dog....

No names need to be mentioned - "no breeders restrictions", at least the advert has changed from only dogs with major faults should be placed on limited register.... :laugh:

umm yes i am interested in this too. After the hell I went through to get my papers, it was sent to me with the breeders signature on the back and it has been left upto me to send it in :D

Leanne

No names need to be mentioned - "no breeders restrictions", at least the advert has changed from only dogs with major faults should be placed on limited register.... :laugh:

umm yes i am interested in this too. After the hell I went through to get my papers, it was sent to me with the breeders signature on the back and it has been left upto me to send it in :D

Do you live in Victoria? If so then it is up to you to transfer the papers in your own name and pay the fee, not the breeder. It is the breeders initial responsability to register the litter of course.

quote name='showdog' date='26th May 2010 - 06:46 PM' post='4560796']

All of my breeders over the years have always had the papers ready when collecting the puppy, 8 pure breed dogs in total and again 6 weeks ago with our new puppy. Seems that some breeders can manage to supply papers on collection without a problem :D

Didnt answer my questions??

Just because you breeder register early doesnt mean they get it right??

What ratio do there pups go on main/limited?? .

I could register early BUT i prefer to place the pups on the correct register .If your breeders can access very early who is show/pet & the likes great they must have some real superstars in the show ring??

I have owned from others now 18 dogs & never got the papers on the day & that is over a 25 yr period & from breeders who i admire & love there ethics.

Unless a puppy has obvious disqualifying faults that deem them ineligible to be shown, they are all show quality in reality.